Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My co worker and I are starting an overland trailer build this winter, I was curious if any stock Sasquatch owners have measured or would be willing to measure the height from the ground to the bottom of the hitch. Would help immensely in getting my tongue height set for the trailer. TIA.
Sponsored

Deleted member 12876

I just bought m1102 for the same purpose. I thinking the receiver is about 23 inches from the ground.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just bought m1102 for the same purpose. I thinking the receiver is about 23 inches from the ground.
I love the old military trailers, but for running through the trails with it, I think the 1101 and 1102ā€™s are too wide for what I want to do with it. A 416 would definitely fit most of my needs but finding one you donā€™t have to completely rebuild for a reasonable price is quite a task.
Iā€™ve got a steel pallet that was used for transporting machinery that were going to use for the frame. Lights axle and tongue and Iā€™ve got a little flatbed ready to go. Itā€™s gonna be small (cutting it down from 4ā€™x9ā€™ to about 4x4.5.), but itā€™s gonna be versatile. Iā€™ll add a removable rack, so it can be used for multiple purposes. Overland gear, kayaks, one of my sonā€™s quads, hell I can use it for spring cleanup around the yard. My goal is a nice little do most trailer.

Deleted member 12876

I love the old military trailers, but for running through the trails with it, I think the 1101 and 1102ā€™s are too wide for what I want to do with it. A 416 would definitely fit most of my needs but finding one you donā€™t have to completely rebuild for a reasonable price is quite a task.
Iā€™ve got a steel pallet that was used for transporting machinery that were going to use for the frame. Lights axle and tongue and Iā€™ve got a little flatbed ready to go. Itā€™s gonna be small (cutting it down from 4ā€™x9ā€™ to about 4x4.5.), but itā€™s gonna be versatile. Iā€™ll add a removable rack, so it can be used for multiple purposes. Overland gear, kayaks, one of my sonā€™s quads, hell I can use it for spring cleanup around the yard. My goal is a nice little do most trailer.
The M1102 is 10 inches wider than the Bronco however the Bronco specs donā€™t include the fender flairs so with that being said the with is very close to the width of the trailer.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The M1102 is 10 inches wider than the Bronco however the Bronco specs donā€™t include the fender flairs so with that being said the with is very close to the width of the trailer.
I forget how much wider the bronco is compared to my old Jeeps. Keep me posted how it works out for you. I think Iā€™m content on the size Iā€™m building (until itā€™s too small šŸ˜‚), Iā€™m thinking even with a decent size tongue length for clearance, I can keep it under 10ft long and have it track pretty well down the trail.

thanks for the height info, I appreciate it @GOAT23.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Non-Squatch badlands (just add 1.1ā€):

Ford Bronco Sasquatch bumper height for overland trailer 4F06CA1A-05D9-47AE-AC94-8FB798B91B8B

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Non-Squatch badlands (just add 1.1ā€):

Ford Bronco Sasquatch bumper height for overland trailer 4F06CA1A-05D9-47AE-AC94-8FB798B91B8B
Thank you sir, looks like with Sasquatch it should come in at about 19 1/8ā€ at bottom of the entry, give or take a hair. Keeps me pretty close to a level tongue. Much appreciated!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thank you sir, looks like with Sasquatch it should come in at about 19 1/8ā€ at bottom of the entry, give or take a hair. Keeps me pretty close to a level tongue. Much appreciated!
Keep in mind the rear suspension will probably drop an inch with the full 350lb tongue weight. Also this is a soft top Badlands mannequin. I know the Bronco MIC top is supposed to be lighter, and the soft top would be heavier than my JKUR, but for example, my JK drops half an inch when I put the hardtop on.

So your mileage may differ ā€¦ assuming your trailer is 2000lbs loaded, and youā€™re loading gear in the back of the Bronco, Iā€™d figure on 18-1/2ā€.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Keep in mind the rear suspension will probably drop an inch with the full 350lb tongue weight. Also this is a soft top Badlands mannequin. I know the Bronco MIC top is supposed to be lighter, and the soft top would be heavier than my JKUR, but for example, my JK drops half an inch when I put the hardtop on.

So your mileage may differ ā€¦ assuming your trailer is 2000lbs loaded, and youā€™re losing gear in the back of the Bronco, Iā€™d figure on 18-1/2ā€.
Itā€™ll be closer to 1000-1500 lbs max most of the time. Mostly totes with gear or kayaks, so itā€™s not going to see a ton of weight, but definitely keep that in mind. Thanks again!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So your mileage may differ ā€¦ assuming your trailer is 2000lbs loaded, and youā€™re loading gear in the back of the Bronco, Iā€™d figure on 18-1/2ā€.
Wait the MIC top.is supposed to be lighter than the soft top? Woah that's not what I expected!

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wait the MIC top.is supposed to be lighter than the soft top? Woah that's not what I expected!
I think it was BN posted weights. That twill, and the bolt in frame mechanism are a lot heavier than the simple bows and vinyl on my JK. At the same time the Ford set out to build a much lighter / easier to remove clamshell (which is biting them in the ass).

Suffice it to say, the re-thickened-30% MIC and the soft top are probably going to be pretty close if the BN weights I saw are any indication.

Found it, and I was wrong, but they are within 12 lbs: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...onco-hardtop-panel-pieces-and-soft-top.14931/

124 for the hard top vs 111 for the soft top.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think it was BN posted weights. That twill, and the bolt in frame mechanism are a lot heavier than the simple bows and vinyl on my JK. At the same time the Ford set out to build a much lighter / easier to remove clamshell (which is biting them in the ass).

Suffice it to say, the re-thickened-30% MIC and the soft top are probably going to be pretty close if the BN weights I saw are any indication.

Found it, and I was wrong, but they are within 12 lbs: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...onco-hardtop-panel-pieces-and-soft-top.14931/

124 for the hard top vs 111 for the soft top.
Thanks for this. Turns out I have seen these - whoops!! The good news is I can haul more than I thought while towing! Or, if a suitable Class III comes out, tow more than I thought while hauling...

RD32

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 1st Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My co worker and I are starting an overland trailer build this winter, I was curious if any stock Sasquatch owners have measured or would be willing to measure the height from the ground to the bottom of the hitch. Would help immensely in getting my tongue height set for the trailer. TIA.
20ā€ dead center on Sasquatch

8CA94A1E-7C8C-497D-AC7A-D0115F8034AB.jpeg
Sponsored