Sponsored

Sasquatch Flare separating from mounting point.

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hard to explain in the title but I noticed that my front driver Sas flare is loose despite the part that locks into the actual metal fender being rock solid.

It looks like the flare is two discrete pieces that are bonded or clipped together and that the exterior flare portion is separating from the mounting portion.

Anyone experience anything like this before? I checked the 3 other flares and they are solid.

Video of drivers and passengers side for comparison as well as one photo. No clips or tabs are broken off as far as I can tell.

9429394A-9DBA-4294-96A6-B2DA1A3CB291.jpeg

Sponsored

Jojog123

Big Bend
First Name
Joanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2017 Jaguar f-type
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi Eli,

I just had this exact issue with my 2022 Bronco which I bought in June. I was 2 hours into a 400 mile road trip going 80mph on the highway when I noticed the back half of my driver side rear fender flare flapping in the wind. Being afraid the flare would continue to separate and ultimately rip off the car and become a missile, I pulled over and had to remove the entire flare because, like yours, the bracket portion of the flare was still securely attached to the vehicle. It was the exterior plastic part that had separated from the bracket about halfway around the wheel well. There are no missing or broken clips that I can see, the piece has just separated at the seam where it joins the bracket part. Can I ask did Ford replace the whole part for you or fix it? I have a call into my local dealership but waiting for a call back. It is a bizarre thing to happen on a new vehicle but like yours, the other 3 flares are secure and seemingly just fine.

OP
OP
omg_bbq

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi Eli,

I just had this exact issue with my 2022 Bronco which I bought in June. I was 2 hours into a 400 mile road trip going 80mph on the highway when I noticed the back half of my driver side rear fender flare flapping in the wind. Being afraid the flare would continue to separate and ultimately rip off the car and become a missile, I pulled over and had to remove the entire flare because, like yours, the bracket portion of the flare was still securely attached to the vehicle. It was the exterior plastic part that had separated from the bracket about halfway around the wheel well. There are no missing or broken clips that I can see, the piece has just separated at the seam where it joins the bracket part. Can I ask did Ford replace the whole part for you or fix it? I have a call into my local dealership but waiting for a call back. It is a bizarre thing to happen on a new vehicle but like yours, the other 3 flares are secure and seemingly just fine.
Glad to know I’m not the only one! I have yet to take it in actually. Mine separated from the front of the flare so it’s less of a daily issue becoming a missile. I have a laundry list of things I’m compiling for them to take a look at all at once, including the recalls. Let me know how yours goes.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw someone on Instagram have this issue, but I believe it happened after an impact while offroad. She ended up gluing it back together and I haven't seen anything after that.
If yours is coming apart on its own, I would bring it to the dealer and have them order a new one for you. Should be covered under warranty.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hard to explain in the title but I noticed that my front driver Sas flare is loose despite the part that locks into the actual metal fender being rock solid.

It looks like the flare is two discrete pieces that are bonded or clipped together and that the exterior flare portion is separating from the mounting portion.

Anyone experience anything like this before? I checked the 3 other flares and they are solid.

Video of drivers and passengers side for comparison as well as one photo. No clips or tabs are broken off as far as I can tell.
Hi there. This concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi Eli,

Hi there. This concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Jojog123

Big Bend
First Name
Joanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you for posting about this! It looks like Ford is going to help us both resolve this issue! Do want to say I still absolutely LOVE this Bronco!!

Jojog123

Big Bend
First Name
Joanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I saw someone on Instagram have this issue, but I believe it happened after an impact while offroad. She ended up gluing it back together and I haven't seen anything after that.
If yours is coming apart on its own, I would bring it to the dealer and have them order a new one for you. Should be covered under warranty.
Thank you! I agree....hoping Ford will replace under warranty as my Bronco is only a few months old and has 2500 miles on it. I have never taken it off road and this happened on the highway coming home from a road trip. Pretty sure it's probably a defect in the part...things happen. Just happy it didn't completely rip off the car before I noticed it!

tobyw

Wildtrak
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bringing this one back up... did FoMoCo get you a new flare? I've got the same thing happening to the driver-rear flare on our '22 Badlands non-Sasquatch.

OP
OP
omg_bbq

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bringing this one back up... did FoMoCo get you a new flare? I've got the same thing happening to the driver-rear flare on our '22 Badlands non-Sasquatch.
No they didn’t, it stalled out when they offered to contact my chosen service center. I have heard similar experiences with this Ford account on here too. I have a laundry list of things that should be fixed, doors contacting body, fender flare, window hanging, plus the 2 or 3 recalls. So I figured next time I am due for an oil change I’d just list everything in the notes and let them figure out what to do with me.

Sponsored

tobyw

Wildtrak
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Appreciate the update... Hope they get you taken care of.

I may try to take it off the body and use some sort of adhesive to stick them back together, I'll update the thread if I'm successful.

Jojog123

Big Bend
First Name
Joanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi! Agree with Eli that once the social media person who saw our issue on here turned it over to Ford Customer care, I got one email with a case # asking me to update them once I had an appointment with my local dealer…then crickets. I tried reaching out to her 3 or 4 times before giving up and just followed up with my local dealer’s body shop. They had me bring it by to make sure it was a warranty issue, took pics, and ordered the part. It took a month to come in and they installed it when they did my windshield adhesion recall (which took 3 days!) If I didn’t need the recall, they said it’s about a 30 minute appointment for the flare. Good luck! Hopefully you have more success with Ford!

tobyw

Wildtrak
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good luck! Hopefully you have more success with Ford!
Appreciate the reply and info... Unfortunately our local dealer is about as crummy as they come so I'm not even going to bother taking it in to them. I'll try a home repair and if that fails I'll just look for alternative options or maybe try to source an OEM unit myself.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi! Agree with Eli that once the social media person who saw our issue on here turned it over to Ford Customer care, I got one email with a case # asking me to update them once I had an appointment with my local dealer…then crickets. I tried reaching out to her 3 or 4 times before giving up and just followed up with my local dealer’s body shop. They had me bring it by to make sure it was a warranty issue, took pics, and ordered the part. It took a month to come in and they installed it when they did my windshield adhesion recall (which took 3 days!) If I didn’t need the recall, they said it’s about a 30 minute appointment for the flare. Good luck! Hopefully you have more success with Ford!
Did you have a loaner for those 3 days?