Sponsored

Sasquatch for On-Road Guy?

Sasquatch for a 100% On-Road guy? Yes or no?

• Total voters

rodmf

Wildtrak
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 4-door full-size Black Diamond ordered, but I still have time to make changes.

I love love love the look of the Sasquatch tires. Aesethically it looks like a better fit for the Black Diamond (to me).

But to be honest I will not be off-roading much at all.

How is the ride of the Sasquatch for everyday on-roading? I am on the highway regularly. Is it a good, smooth ride, or is this the wrong package for my purposes?

Would love to hear what people think, especially people who have driven a Sasquatch.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have driven 3 Sasquatch Broncos with about 14 hours drive time. To me, the ride is very good. Not like a luxury SUV, but that’s not what the Bronco is. Very similar to a F150 ride.

Biggest negatives are going to be slightly less gas mileage and increased cost on tire replacement.

Lazarus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Greetings,

4 door Badsquatch here that is my daily driver. My commute is about 60 mile round trip, and i have put 1k miles on it in its first week total (including trail time last weekend). Sasquatch is fine for daily driving (as long as you don't mind the mpg), this thing is very smooth on and off-road. I would say go for it! (y)

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The one I test drove had the Sasquatch package and it was just fine on road. You don’t really need it, but there is a definite cool factor to it. I’m not getting it.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since you won't be off-roading then flex and extra clearance isn't an issue for you. Why not consider a mild puck lift and new tires. You'll be less than $2k into it and can use those savings for other things. A 285/75-17 will still give you a pretty aggressive look. Just food for thought.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch for On-Road Guy? 802CB29D-57F0-4604-A68B-35A60BDC4688

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 4-door full-size Black Diamond ordered, but I still have time to make changes.

I love love love the look of the Sasquatch tires. Aesethically it looks like a better fit for the Black Diamond (to me).

But to be honest I will not be off-roading much at all.

How is the ride of the Sasquatch for everyday on-roading? I am on the highway regularly. Is it a good, smooth ride, or is this the wrong package for my purposes?

Would love to hear what people think, especially people who have driven a Sasquatch.
The Black Diamond Steelies, to me, are the best looking OEM rim. I wish I could get those instead, but alas, I went with the Badlands for a number of reasons.
Personally, I think Sasquatch is overkill, particularly for On-Road guy, you do you.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since you won't be off-roading then flex and extra clearance isn't an issue for you. Why not consider a mild puck lift and new tires. You'll be less than $2k into it and can use those savings for other things. A 285/75-17 will still give you a pretty aggressive look. Just food for thought.

802CB29D-57F0-4604-A68B-35A60BDC4688.jpeg
This is exactly what I'm planning for my VB Base with the 265/75r17s from Mickey Thompson. I had my heart set on the 285s but considering the weight, I can do with an inch less in height and width. Also, cheaper, and I am a cheap skater.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure why one would think that a 35" tire is not suitable for daily driving. It's not like it is an actual mud tire or some super aggressive, bias ply tire. It is a modern radial all terrain tire. My old '03 truck (owned now by a family member) has about 270,000 miles of driving on 35" BFG all terrains. So you mileage will be a little less and your replacement cost is higher. I drove a BL non-Squatch and a Wildtrak...they drove pretty much the same.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A one inch lift, like the one from Zone, will let you put 35's on it if you like the look. The rear locker on the BD will already make the Bronco very capable for light or occasional off roading. So, how does the cost compare to adding Sasquatch vs a small lift installed and buying new tires right away. If you spent the money for Sasquatch you wouldn't regret the ride, and the gearing will be slightly better for the 35's.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In reality not a one of us “ needs” a Bronco. We all “ want” a Bronco. I have been informed by a colleague who is in a position through the media , and was therefore able to test drive every model Bronco with and without SAS. He reported the SAS equipped models had the best road ride. He also added the 2.3 was more then efficient when it came to powering the vehicle. You only go around once. The long black station wagon that provides you that final ride to the cemetery only gets 14 miles to the gallon, so live it up while you can. You get the SAS and it is all under warranty. I have built these things every conceivable way, and the only version that looks good without the SAS to me is the BL. However, I would still get the BL with SAS. Just my two cents.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting a 4 door Badlands with Sasquatch and I HIGHLY doubt it will ever be off pavement. The proportions on 4 door especially are terrible when Bronco doesn't have Sasquatch.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure why one would think that a 35" tire is not suitable for daily driving. It's not like it is an actual mud tire or some super aggressive, bias ply tire. It is a modern radial all terrain tire. My old '03 truck (owned now by a family member) has about 270,000 miles of driving on 35" BFG all terrains. So you mileage will be a little less and your replacement cost is higher. I drove a BL non-Squatch and a Wildtrak...they drove pretty much the same.
Nice thing about the stock Sasquatch tires is the weigh in at 52lbs each. Most 315/70-17 tires are 65lbs or more. Not a drastic amount. But any weight savings helps with mileage. If that's a concern.
Sponsored