Sponsored

Sasquatch has a smoother on road ride than standard Outer Banks suspension?

Rigsurly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just watched a Bronco road test on the television show "Motor Week" and the tester said:

"this will surprise you but if you are looking for the most comfortable highway ride, the Sasquatch Package with its 35" tires and Bilstein shocks are the smoothest way to go. I was surprised how much more firm the stock suspension on the Outer Banks Luxury trim was on comparison"

This may change my mind on my order; if on road comfort is there, the off road capability and increased resale is bonus
Thoughts?
Sponsored

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just watched a Bronco road test on the television show "Motor Week" and the tester said:

"this will surprise you but if you are looking for the most comfortable highway ride, the Sasquatch Package with its 35" tires and Bilstein shocks are the smoothest way to go. I was surprised how much more firm the stock suspension on the Outer Banks Luxury trim was on comparison"

This may change my mind on my order; if on road comfort is there, the off road capability and increased resale is bonus
Thoughts?
Makes sense, more sidewall and the position sensitive shocks don't give you the bottoming out feeling when hitting a bump. Only negative for ride would be the extra weight of bigger tires

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not surprised at all.
Actually, I've been arguing this to the newbs for quite some time.
It truly is a very simple equation.
Articulation for rock crawling requires soft springs.
Blasting across the desert at high speeds is a different story though.
Add in the much taller tire with more sidewall to flex and absorb imperfections and the larger circumference/radius to roll over imperfections that much easier.
It just adds up the way I'd expect it to.

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The softer springs of the Squatch will likely allow a little more body lean thru turns.
Kinda like trying to compare the ride of a Cadillac vs a Z-28..... do you want a cushy ride or something that handles well when pushed in the twisties.

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve actually been amazed how nice the ride is with the Sasquatch package. I was expecting a rough ride with 35s, but it is really, really nice, to the point I hope these “MT”s still off-road well. Even my wife said she likes the ride!

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Putting suspension differences aside, I wonder how much of that has to do with the fact that they are just larger tires and more flex with the rubber.

I’m thinking Sasquatch might be smooth on a straight road it’s just the curves you have to worry about.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Larger tires + smaller wheels feel so much better imho

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Raptor was the best riding F-150 I’ve ever been in, so this makes sense to me. My buddy’s Lariat with 20“ wheels and rubber band tires rode terribly, the Raptor leaned more in corners but felt like it was on marshmallows.

Sponsored

Silver&Black_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Sherief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC (2010), '21 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Non-SAS Badlands for the win with their standard Bilstein shocks!

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
A 35" tire can run over bumps and imperfections in the road without even noticing.
Also the better shocks.
And springs with more wheel travel.
Really no down side but the higher price.

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Non-SAS Badlands for the win with their standard Bilstein shocks!
So that’s what I’m wondering. Is non-SAS BL the Goldilocks scenario? Upgraded suspension w/33s compared to standard w/32s but still not bloated 35s that could add more body lean on road.

I test drove a Wildtrack last week and the ride was nice but I didn’t get the chance to hit highway speeds or check the lean on exit ramps, just drove it around the block.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Thoughts?
These days everyone wants 20s/22s heck even 24s because they look nice. What people don’t realize it they’re a pain in the ass to balance which is why a lot of them vibrate. Personally I try buy my trucks with smaller diameter wheels. The extra side wall helps absorb bumps in the road. The squatch comes with 17s and 35s lots of side wall. When I swap out wheels/tires I planned on going 18s and 37s.
Sponsored