Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I was searching for info on the delay and came across this article on Forbes. talking about the delay and it mentioned the SAS lift was 1.2 inches. Anyone heard other info?
2021 Ford Bronco Delayed Due To Covid-Related Supply Chain Disruption - Forbes Wheels
1.2" has been bandied around a bit... mostly early on. I think it was a number thrown out by Ford at some point.

Really. This is what we have in writing... Wildtrak has the Sasquatch suspension, so you can start doing math between published heights and tire diameter... but you're going to start going down a rabbit hole if you try to make sense of these things...
Ford Bronco Sasquatch Lift Height is 1.2" ? Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 17.00.45
Ford Bronco Sasquatch Lift Height is 1.2" ? Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 17.00.31

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1.2" has been bandied around a bit... mostly early on. I think it was a number thrown out by Ford at some point.

Really. This is what we have in writing... Wildtrak has the Sasquatch suspension, so you can start doing math between published heights and tire diameter... but you're going to start going down a rabbit hole if you try to make sense of these things...
And the heights here are including any gained by the tire change. Going from 285s to 315s works out to .85" of height gain. That puts a theoretical suspension lift over the Badlands at .35" which works out pretty close to the 10mm that has been thrown about as well.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just looking at the different models, I can't tell a difference between BL and Sasquatch. And it look like BL/Sas is 1"-1.5" taller than BB/BD to my eye. I know there is the 10mm number thrown around but I can't see that small of a difference unless I have a tape measure. I am not adding in tire height, that's an obvious measurement we know.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just looking at the different models, I can't tell a difference between BL and Sasquatch. And it look like BL/Sas is 1"-1.5" taller than BB/BD to my eye. I know there is the 10mm number thrown around but I can't see that small of a difference unless I have a tape measure. I am not adding in tire height, that's an obvious measurement we know.
There's nearly no difference between the Badlands and the Sasquatch suspension. If that 10mm difference does exist, it'll be a slight tweak to the spring or spring perch to preload the suspension and give it that tiny bit of lift.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mdonathan56

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's nearly no difference between the Badlands and the Sasquatch suspension. If that 10mm difference does exist, it'll be a slight tweak to the spring or spring perch to preload the suspension and give it that tiny bit of lift.
That's why I'm leaning toward a BL w/out SAS. I think it will provide the right balance and look on a 2DR.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's why I'm leaning toward a BL w/out SAS. I think it will provide the right balance and look on a 2DR.
I thought the trail rig concept looked pretty good on 33s. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you go that route.

Me, personally, I'm not sasquatching only because I don't want to wait for the mansquatch to show up. I do intend to put 35s on, probably as soon as I get home from Iowa.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A new height discussion comes up, rehashing the dimensional differences between trims, thinking another 100 posts will finally resolve the unanswerable questions because Ford refuses to release actual details.

Post and thread count on this topic must now be far in excess of 10,000.

Stay tuned, check back on Dec 20th and yet another thread will appear, seeking to finally uncover the mysteries of Sasquatch.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch Lift Height is 1.2" ? 41ygBcxnLNL._SX316_BO1,204,203,200_~2

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A new height discussion comes up, rehashing the dimensional differences between trims, thinking another 100 posts will finally resolve the unanswerable questions because Ford refuses to release actual details.

Stay tuned, check back on Dec 20th and yet another thread will appear, seeking to finally uncover the mysteries of Sasquatch.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch Lift Height is 1.2" ? 41ygBcxnLNL._SX316_BO1,204,203,200_~2
Feel free to chime in your annoyance on every one of them rather than ignoring them like a normal person would do.

Sponsored

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think Ford is purposefully not explaining the Sasquatch package for the meme or is it more of a self-fulfilling thing

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you think Ford is purposefully not explaining the Sasquatch package for the meme or is it more of a self-fulfilling thing

Good question. I think it's a lot of Ford not knowing what the final product will be. I mean, we've see more of what won't be available than what will.

Two Ford reps at one of the meets couldn't agree on whether the squatch used spacers or not. Not one word on if the BL and squatch use any of the same shocks, springs, or control arms and whether either of those use any of the same parts as the rest of the models. Who freaking knows! I don't think we know until people start getting theirs and are able to compare from one trim level to the other. At this point, you either get good clearance, better clearance, or best clearance.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Good question. I think it's a lot of Ford not knowing what the final product will be. I mean, we've see more of what won't be available than what will.
Pure speculation on my part, could the package differences be so minor they can easily be replicated with aftermarket parts :unsure:

Maybe Ford is being intentionally mun on this so they don't cut into Sasquatch sales, which are mostly likely a good profit item.

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think we know until people start getting theirs and are able to compare from one trim level to the other. At this point, you either get good clearance, better clearance, or best clearance.
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of, that once I get my Badlands with Sasquatch I find out I just paid $2500 bucks for some beadlock wheels I don't even like that much
Sponsored