North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

2"factory lift was promised. Why not get the Sasquatch on a 2" factory lift? I don't think BL + 10mm is quite enough to jump from 33s to 35s. Trying to offset an extra inch of rubber heading up into the well with only 0.4". I'm curious what the lift difference is between squatch and nonsquatched anything-other-than BL is
Who promised a 2" lift?

There have been rumors of one but thats it, unless you have new info?
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Factory or dealer installed? There's a difference. I doubt there is a factory installed 2in lift, but would be happy if there was. But, that's been beat to death in it's own thread.
I believe what I read said "factory installed option" and it'll be on a catalogue like they made for the bronco sport. Until it's on official paper tho, anything could change or be delayed

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who promised a 2" lift?

There have been rumors of one but thats it, unless you have new info?
It was something I'm sure I read here, around last week. Let me try to find it

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford dude in that long video said Squatch is 1.5” over stock and 10 MM over Badlands. So the BL is 1.1” over Base through OBX

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford dude in that long video said Squatch is 1.5” over stock and 10 MM over Badlands. So the BL is 1.1” over Base through OBX
You are correct. From the transcript of Jeff Seaman head of the Bronco team :
"When you get a Sasquatch package, what you are getting is a package that gets you that 35-inch, ah, pack. It lifts the, um, Base vehicle about an inch-and-a-half, and it lifts the, ah, the Badlands about 10 mils, so."

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have a link to this video?

Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Base is 8.4” clearance in a 2 door with 30” tires. Sasquatch is 11.6” in a 2 door with 35” tires. If you equate the tires that is 2.5” above base or 10.9”. Leaving .7” +|- (actual vs nominal tire size) for lift.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Badlands has its own "unique heavy duty suspension" as stated here. So Ford will take off the unique Badlands suspension and put on the Sasquatch suspension? The Ford reps stated that they are similar but different...with different part numbers.

I bring this up because why would a person even order a Badlands with or without Squatch when you can get a base with Squatch for much cheaper. I would believe that a squatched Badlands is far more capable than a squatched Base.

Bottom line, i guess it's best to wait and see what really is the difference between them all. I want to see all of the specifics to include part numbers.

Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 4.50.42 PM.png
Because you can’t get any of the comfort packages with a squatched base. BL+SQ likely no more capable than a Base+SQ (swaybar disco = convenience, not extra capability).

HOSS with Bilstein position sensitive dampers is listed as standard on BL, and part of SQ on other models. Part numbers likely different because SQ shocks might be a little longer.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Base is 8.4” clearance in a 2 door with 30” tires. Sasquatch is 11.6” in a 2 door with 35” tires. If you equate the tires that is 2.5” above base or 10.9”. Leaving .7” +|- (actual vs nominal tire size) for lift.
Actual height of the base tires is 30.5 and that of the Sasquatch tire is 34.4. Recalculate.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't get too hung up on those preliminary specs we've had for a long time now. Who knows if they'd even built a squatch when they came up with those numbers.

You have 3 versions of suspension with 3 different heights. At this point, that's what we really know. Beyond that, it's just speculation.

What is important to me is the fact that 35s fit stuffed in the wheelwells with no trimming. You can't say that about many vehicles, and my Toyotas have required modification to stuff 33s. The ability to stuff 35s gives you a lot of room to work suspension wise after delivery.

Aftermarket suspension is going to be better than factory, regardless of what and how they are set up. I'm not worried about getting the lowest suspension (BD) and upgrading later.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actual height of the base tires is 30.5 and that of the Sasquatch tire is 34.4. Recalculate.
So .1” difference. I personally don’t care I was just clarifying. The minor details of a vehicle purchase don’t matter much. If you want sasquatch you get a small lift or stiffer springs. If you want full travel for the 35” or larger you will get a lift.
Sponsored