First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've seen a few small discussions on this, excuse me if I missed an announcement somewhere:

If I buy Sasquatch, the auto is included at $5690.
If I buy Mid on trims above Base, auto is included at $1495.
If I buy 2.7, auto is included at $1895.
Auto alone is $1595.

If I get a Sasquatch, Mid, 2.7 have I paid for the auto 3 times? Somewhere I heard a rumor that this is a bug, can anyone confirm? Or is this just cost of participating in Ford Roulette?

On the 4d Base, Sasquatch 2.7 it would appear that the cost of the automatic is wrapped in the 4d cost (stock), and the 2.7 cost ($1895 with auto on every other model).

So we pay nearly $4 grand for something, that many of us don't even want it seems.

Is this a bug? How does this bug work, will it be cheaper in the end on the 4d basesquatch 2.7? Someone said $300 is the real cost of the 2.7 on that build, is this correct?
Sponsored

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a theory that it’s intentional. Ford really wants you to get the 10 speed with the 2.7.
I feel like the price of the auto is built-in the price of the bronco. When you’re getting Sasquatch, the 2.7 or the mid package, that’s what you’re paying for. You’re paying for the bulk of the price of the auto with base price. Unless you just want the auto. This encourages you to upgrade to one of the packages.

OP
OP
tlubull

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
So what is the real pricing of the 2.7 on the 4d base sasquatch? (or the 4d base for that matter) IF the auto is already built into the 4d cost, why does the 2.7 still cost the same as it would on a standard transmission model which presumably adds the auto for free?

OP
OP
tlubull

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a theory that it’s intentional. Ford really wants you to get the 10 speed with the 2.7.
I feel like the price of the auto is built-in the price of the bronco. When you’re getting Sasquatch, the 2.7 or the mid package, that’s what you’re paying for. You’re paying for the bulk of the price of the auto with base price. Unless you just want the auto. This encourages you to upgrade to one of the packages.
Still quite confusing, I reduce it to this:

If you buy any model other than 4d Base or maybe OBX you get a free automatic transmission when you upgrade to 2.7. But on base and OBX you pay full price for auto and 2.7.

That's fishy. Very curious how accurate the B&P tool is on pricing here. Hell of a deal on BB,BD,BL,WT and FE trims. A rotten exclusion on 4d Base and OBX.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t studied the 4d build, but in the two door base, Sasquatch is $4995 + $795 for the 4A t-case. The 10A is baked into the Sasquatch $4995 price. So $5790 to add squatch to a base with 2.3. Add the 2.7 and it’s $1895 on top of that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tlubull

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven’t studied the 4d build, but in the two door base, Sasquatch is $4995 + $795 for the 4A t-case. The 10A is baked into the Sasquatch $4995 price. So $5790 to add squatch to a base with 2.3. Add the 2.7 and it’s $1895 on top of that.
This is true, I have a feeling the $1895 for the 2.7 is not ultimately going to include a 10A for anyone. I know a Ford rep recently confirmed it, but if it's true then the Base and OBX models get screwed on these features.

Additionally, the 4d comes with an auto AND is $5790 to add SAS. I wish ford would confirm their pricing models soon ...

OP
OP
tlubull

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
The other threads I've seen on this end it bickering matches with many folks not realizing that on the 4d basesquatch with 2.7 the cost of the AT is cooked in three times.

Base 4d comes with auto and is priced higher than comparable trims when you look at the 2d-4d price jump. (Auto is included in base price)

Sasquatch is priced at $5800 (auto is included in sasquatch package)

2.7 is priced at $1900. (All other trims offer 2.7 + auto at this price)

So a 4d base has an outrageous pricing model compared to every other model. In addition to being an ugly trim without sasquatch. I believe OBX has the same problem and is equally ugly without sas.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why you really need to wait for dealers to take orders to get 'actual' numbers. B&P is simply giving you an idea of cost not actual cost. More for entertainment really and bar setting. For example don't expect a Bronco to cost you $20k or $90k.

Remember the fine print on B&P:

Information is provided on an "as is" basis and could include technical, typographical or other errors. Ford makes no warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to, accuracy, currency, or completeness, the operation of the Site, the information, materials, content, availability, and products. Ford reserves the right to change product specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without incurring obligations. Your Ford dealer is the best source of the most up-to-date information on Ford vehicles.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is 2DR, I think it’s messed up that I can order a BD and add the mid for 1495 and that will give me an auto at no additional change OR I can order the stand alone automatic for 1595 and not get the mid.....and if you add the auto first and then add the mid, the price goes down.

I just cant figure if Ford is driving customers to the automatic or B&P is broken.

Or maybe the auto is the same cost to Ford as the manny and the only one who really gets screwed are people who only get the automatic as an option on the base.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
From a different angle:
There are 3 powertrain “ Packages “
2.3L & 7 sp = $0
2.3L & auto = $1595
2.7L & auto = $1895
Some options require auto and as such have the cost baked in. Don’t get hung up on the Auto breakout pricing of $1595. Maybe it’s there to show that various option selections trigger a required change from 7sp to auto. Doubt these prices will change.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

From a different angle:
There are 3 powertrain “ Packages “
2.3L & 7 sp = $0
2.3L & auto = $1595
2.7L & auto = $1895
Some options require auto and as such have the cost baked in. Don’t get hung up on the Auto breakout pricing of $1595. Maybe it’s there to show that various option selections trigger a required change from 7sp to auto. Doubt these prices will change.
But the cost is not baked in to the mid package, see my post above. It's cheaper to get the mid w/auto than a stand alone auto upgrade on a BD or BB....

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are glitches for sure but I don’t see it being “corrected”
If it is a so called glitch why has Ford not
Addressed this yet? I mean they “launched” BP 6 weeks ago, they have had plenty of time to fix an online bug, it’s not
Rocket science... I think the prices we see are the prices we get. It’s strange but if Ford wanted to
Fix it they would have by now

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's another glitch I noticed with the 4 door BD:

With SAS and Standard pkg:
Ford Bronco Sasquatch/Mid/Auto 2.7 Pricing 1608214264312

Add Mid Pkg and price drops $100 ($1 less per month)
Ford Bronco Sasquatch/Mid/Auto 2.7 Pricing 1608214236870
Sponsored