Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll probably change them when another alternative is available. $300 + is too much for a set of fronts.
Yeah I agree. I'm curious how much the upcoming rokblokz set will cost.
Sponsored

Petek70

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 bronco, 76 bronco, 18 raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gatorbacks aren't $439 if you properly shop around and especially if you are okay with blank flaps(no bronco or ford badging). Under $300.

Plus they have features no other set of flaps has, including structure and mounting brackets. Small investment to protect a $50k to $60k vehicle.
Gatorbacks look terrible.

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't love the look of the Gatorbacks, but my rear fenders look like this every day so I don't think I can wait for Rokblokz or Weathertech to make some. I may just bite the bullet and get the plain black Gatorbacks (and seeing what spews up behind me...probably should be nice and get rear ones also.)
Ford Bronco Sasquatch mud flaps 2/14 update tempImagelGI5Ii

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for the link!

But still at $300 per set the margins on those flaps must be 80% to 90% unless they’re paying their press brake and laser operators $500 an hour to form and cut the sheet metal. Maybe the powder coat guy is getting $1,000 per hour…. Ah, capitalism. We all need some good competition for these overpriced flaps….

Weather Tech and Husky will be along soon enough for us cheap bastards…..
They are very solid and heavy duty, come with superior hardware and mounting brackets, have removable plates thst can be switched out, easily allow you to remove the bottom half when you need clearance, and provide the best protection of anything out there.

Pricey, but for good reason. My installer has seen everything out there and each time he installs a gatorbsck he raves about their superior quality and hardware over anything else.

But that's why there are choices. Paying over $60k for my bronco, another $600 to protect it was a no Brainerd and reasonable to me.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Gatorbacks look terrible.
Your opinion. Beats the hell out of road rash up and down the side of your Bronco. And many disagree with you. I've had them on every truck and suv and won't own any others. But your right to your opinion.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How difficult to remove to go wheeling?
Not at all. There is a clip on the flaps that allow you to remove the bottom half so you have full clearance. They definitely had that in mind when designing them.

Last edited:

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah I agree. I'm curious how much the upcoming rokblokz set will cost.
Rokblokz to me are extremely cheap especially the way they install. I've had professional installers refuse to install them due to how flimsy and poor quality they were. And they didn't want to guarantee them staying on under duress. The gatorbacks easily withstand water, mud, gravel, snow.. whatever they are put up against. I can't say that about some of the other options out there, that have failed either me or others I know.

But as you all have mentioned... It is why there are choices out there. And everyone should get what they like and feels is best.

Last edited:

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They are mudflaps people.... i think the$50 pair price is pushing it....

I'm not cheap, just realistic and don't like being gouged(aside from the other ones lookin bad).

If you think the $300 ones are nice , i would hesitate to see your taste in other things

From a design standpoint they were designed with all function, form wasn't considered. Tacky... i don't know how else to describe them

But hey, tacky can be good too, i love kitch. But im not feeling the big rig pants. Ymmv
Glad u approve 👌

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If anyone else is DIY'ing I recommend using a nutsert in the boss under the flare.

20220105_212840.jpg

These are holding up well.

20220116_134918.jpg

I used 1/8" thick rubber flooring so no need to remove them for wheeling.

Made the mounts out of 3/16" steel and used the intrusion bar mounts that are unused on our models. Repurposed the bolt Ford left in them by removing it from the bottom and turning it face down inside the channel.

So they give me a little cabin intrusion protection as well.

20211226_123156.jpg
Sponsored