sasquatch on badlands really worth it?

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So im planning to at least TRY to get into offroading/overlanding. but there is a chance that wont really "stick" as a hobby. However im worried about how the sasquatch package isnt really a "lift" and more or less upgraded gearing with some other things (for lower trims , not the badlands).

I am worried about articulation. Would 33's on a badlands be better for offroading than a sasquatch with 35s? Seems the 35's do not have enough "lift" to give you extra articulation.

How important is the upgraded gear ratios? i dont know much about cars but it seems like it might have an effect on mileage if i end up dropping the "offroading" and just use the car as a daily driver.

And final question. How would you perform an ACTUAL lift on sasquatch to get more articulation? you would have to replace the A arms in the front correct? Longer shocks?

Basically is it better to pull the trigger on saquatch and lift later? or just roll with 33's until more "extreme" 3rd party packages are available.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So im planning to at least TRY to get into offroading/overlanding. but there is a chance that wont really "stick" as a hobby. However im worried about how the sasquatch package isnt really a "lift" and more or less upgraded gearing with some other things (for lower trims , not the badlands).

I am worried about articulation. Would 33's on a badlands be better for offroading than a sasquatch with 35s? Seems the 35's do not have enough "lift" to give you extra articulation.

How important is the upgraded gear ratios? i dont know much about cars but it seems like it might have an effect on mileage if i end up dropping the "offroading" and just use the car as a daily driver.

And final question. How would you perform an ACTUAL lift on sasquatch to get more articulation? you would have to replace the A arms in the front correct? Longer shocks?

Basically is it better to pull the trigger on saquatch and lift later? or just roll with 33's until more "extreme" 3rd party packages are available.
1) Sasquatch package does give some additional lift.

2) Sasquatch makes the truck more capable. The 1” or so increase in ground clearance is much more important than the tiny (10mm) loss in upward wheel travel.

3) if you want to lift it enough to get back the 10mm lost, just get one of the dozens of leveling kits that will come out. That will boost the front enough to put in smaller stops. You can probably just add slightly stiffer springs with the same shocks to push the front up a tiny bit if that 10mm worries you.

4) Bigger gears will help some with the 35s, and are tall enough to add a little bit bigger tire down the road.

bottom line, a Badlands with Sasquatch is themost capable out of the box Bronco. If that’s what you want, go for it.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2) Sasquatch makes the truck more capable. The 1” or so increase in ground clearance is much more important than the tiny (10mm) loss in upward wheel travel.

3) if you want to lift it enough to get back the 10mm lost, just get one of the dozens of leveling kits that will come out. That will boost the front enough to put in smaller stops. You can probably just add slightly stiffer springs with the same shocks to push the front up a tiny bit if that 10mm worries you.

4) Bigger gears will help some with the 35s, and are tall enough to add a little bit bigger tire down the road.

bottom line, a Badlands with Sasquatch is themost capable out of the box Bronco. If that’s what you want, go for it.
So the only loss in articulation is only 10mm? I thought i saw videos awhile back showing the opposite.

if thats the case then i will go sasquatch

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Its not truly 1” extra ground clearance when you take into account airing down which you would do when on trails.

Not sure the extra gearing from 4.46 to 4.70 be as noticeable with the EB, at least the 2.7. I have 35” MT tires on my f150, 3.5EB, 10speed and it flat out hauls a** and I drive, include towing at elevations of 6k-12k regularly and I only have 3.31 gears.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its not truly 1” extra ground clearance when you take into account airing down which you would do when on trails.

Not sure the extra gearing from 4.46 to 4.70 be as noticeable with the EB, at least the 2.7. I have 35” MT tires on my f150, 3.5EB, 10speed and it flat out hauls a** and I drive, include towing at elevations of 6k-12k regularly and I only have 3.31 gears.
So how do you lift IFS? i mean its not as simple as with solid axles right? you need longer shocks and A arms right?

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how do you lift IFS? i mean its not as simple as with solid axles right? you need longer shocks and A arms right?
The squatch has longer shocks, wider flares and allows for larger tires. Sure, if the tires are aired up fully, you have a 1” extra ground clearance between the 33s & 35s.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Well, you would air down 33s too....so the difference is constant in clearance, assuming you air down the same poundage.

I do think the 4.46 gearing would be fine with 35s, but lower would be a little bit better.

phnttom

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Audi TTS, '13 Fiat 500 Turbo, '15 VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Sasq. also has the locking front/rear dif. I don't think that is on the Badlands as a standard. That along is something big of a difference.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Sasq. also has the locking front/rear dif. I don't think that is on the Badlands as a standard. That along is something big of a difference.
it isnt? are you sure? i thought the badlands maxed out all that stuff?

if so i have to get the sasquatch

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Considering you’d also be airing down the smaller tires down on the same trail, I think it’s fair to still consider it an extra 1”. Unless airing down the 35” tire drastically lessens clearance compared to airing down a 33” one that is.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the BL has locking front and rear diffs. the main differences for 'squatch are the height of the suspension, tire/wheel upgrade to 35's and the software for trail turn, etc.