OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has been thoroughly discussed on here. Not sure which threads but tfl probably lifted the info from here and claimed it for themselves.
I made the thread and I didn’t see it mentioned and was told the squatch tires would be shit
Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe he meant it’s been discussed in the forum elsewhere. I just wanted to make sure it was brought up IN THIS POST because it’s relevant to your concerns and hadn’t yet been mentioned.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the main differences for 'squatch are...and the software for trail turn, etc.
Trail turn is not solely automatic transmission dependent? Didn't think it had anything to do with the suspension.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Highway driving on 35s or 37s will be crap imo, but I like to drive aggressively on the highway. Breaking... dangerous. I want Badlands w/33s, but thinking those may be too big for my liking on the road? Without the 4.7 gearing, the highway drive on those big tires would be sluggish.

You sacrifice a lot on road for having those big tires. The benefit you refer to, I consider a requirement for big tires. With the 4.7 gearing, your 35, 37s will be a lot slower than trims with smaller wheels.
Curious why you think it will be sluggish or braking will be "dangerous".

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Curious why you think it will be sluggish or braking will be "dangerous".
Big tires take a much longer distance to stop compared to smaller tires. The Base model with 30" tires will stop best, then the 32s, then the 33s and finally the 35s will take a lot more distance. This is less safe because stopping in time can mean the difference between an accident or not or a serious accident or not. Don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise.

Breaking is negative acceleration. Just like breaking, accelerating will take longer distance (more time) to get up to speed. The bigger your tires, the slower your Bronco will be given your engine of choice. The acceleration problem will be slightly compounded if you throw 35" tires and a lift on a lower trim manual and compounded a lot if you get the automatic.

Simple physics and rotational inertia.

Sponsored

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Big tires take a much longer distance to stop compared to smaller tires. The Base model with 30" tires will stop best, then the 32s, then the 33s and finally the 35s will take a lot more distance. This is less safe because stopping in time can mean the difference between an accident or not or a serious accident or not. Don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise.

Breaking is negative acceleration. Just like breaking, accelerating will take longer distance (more time) to get up to speed. The bigger your tires, the slower your Bronco will be given your engine of choice. The acceleration problem will be slightly compounded if you throw 35" tires and a lift on a lower trim manual and compounded a lot if you get the automatic.

Simple physics and rotational inertia.

Yeah, I know how the physics works.

I just think you're way over the top claiming that braking will be "dangerous". And sluggish is relative.

If you plan on driving it like a hot hatch, you will likely be disappointed in the acceleration, braking and handling.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1) Sasquatch package does give some additional lift.

2) Sasquatch makes the truck more capable. The 1” or so increase in ground clearance is much more important than the tiny (10mm) loss in upward wheel travel.

3) if you want to lift it enough to get back the 10mm lost, just get one of the dozens of leveling kits that will come out. That will boost the front enough to put in smaller stops. You can probably just add slightly stiffer springs with the same shocks to push the front up a tiny bit if that 10mm worries you.

4) Bigger gears will help some with the 35s, and are tall enough to add a little bit bigger tire down the road.

bottom line, a Badlands with Sasquatch is themost capable out of the box Bronco. If that’s what you want, go for it.
I talked directly with the Ford Brand manager. He said it’s not a lift, you get the extra “lift“ just with the bigger tires and heavier springs. The actual suspension on the badlands is the same as what comes with the Sasquatch.

Also, you have less clearance running 35’s on the badlands than with 33” tires. This has also been said multiple times

The Sasquatch on the Badlands will be more of a stance than anything else. Slightly better gear rations, and transfer case (If I remember correctly). But that’s pretty much it

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I talked directly with the Ford Brand manager. He said it’s not a lift, you get the extra “lift“ just with the bigger tires and heavier springs. The actual suspension on the badlands is the same as what comes with the Sasquatch.

Also, you have less clearance running 35’s on the badlands than with 33” tires. This has also been said multiple times

The Sasquatch on the Badlands will be more of a stance than anything else. Slightly better gear rations, and transfer case (If I remember correctly). But that’s pretty much it
Hmmm... something fishy there. Can't be less clearance with the 35s. There is less articulation with 35s, of course.

EDIT: I'll add... there's only a difference in gearing if you're going auto trans. Manual Badlands has 4.7 with or without squatch. And the transfer case doesn't change for any Badlands

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I know how the physics works.

I just think you're way over the top claiming that braking will be "dangerous". And sluggish is relative.

If you plan on driving it like a hot hatch, you will likely be disappointed in the acceleration, braking and handling.
What if I put it this way, driving with 'smaller' tires is safer than with bigger tires due to braking distance. Does that sound better? There is no denying that the bigger tires take much more distance to stop, so you can't deny they aren't as safe as smaller tires. Brakes will also wear out faster with big tires. These are simply some of the trade-offs of owning large tires.

Sluggish relative to what? The answer is relative to smaller tires. Drive a Big Bend, then drive a Big Bend with Sasquatch and the latter will feel sluggish in comparison. I've owned Defenders, Wranglers and a 4 Runner, and ALL of them felt under-powered. I wished they all had better acceleration and uphill passing capability, but I still owned and loved them. I am definitely getting the 2.7L engine for this reason. I've also decided against the Sasquatch package, partly for the aforementioned reasons.

Understanding these and other trade-offs is essential in choosing a Bronco that is right for you. I have learned a lot in the past couple months and that's what this forum is for.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So how much is it to add the Sasquatch package to the Badlands trim?

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

1) Stiffer springs are a “lift” in this case. They raise the truck.
2) You do not have “more clearance” with 33s. That’s absurd, I don’t care how many times it’s “been said”. Bigger tires raise the truck and add clearance.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if I put it this way, driving with 'smaller' tires is safer than with bigger tires due to braking distance. Does that sound better? There is no denying that the bigger tires take much more distance to stop, so you can't deny they aren't as safe as smaller tires. Brakes will also wear out faster with big tires. These are simply some of the trade-offs of owning large tires.
this argument really depends on where the limiting factor in the braking system is:

it's true if the braking force is less than the available traction at the tire/ground interface,
it's false if the tire traction is less than the braking force at the hub.

so, if the braking force available exceed both the 35 and 30 inch available traction,
and both tires have the same coefficient of friction, the vehicle will stop in about the same distance.

as a thought experiment, vw golf gti can wear 16/17/18/19 wheels with the diameter tires.
the bigger the wheel, the heavier the tire/wheel combo.
they all pretty much stop in the same distance.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1) Stiffer springs are a “lift” in this case. They raise the truck.
2) You do not have “more clearance” with 33s. That’s absurd, I don’t care how many times it’s “been said”. Bigger tires raise the truck and add clearance.
I don’t think he meant body to ground clearance, he was alluding to suspension clearance with body to tires I’m pretty sure. So 33” won’t give you better clearance to ground than larger tires obviously, but better articulation for sure.
About the lift, sure stiffer springs can give it a lift, but in this case most people are thinking they are getting 2” lift on top of what the badlands has. I’d be surprised if it was 1” more with just the springs being the difference.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think he meant body to ground clearance, he was alluding to suspension clearance with body to tires I’m pretty sure. So 33” won’t give you better clearance to ground than larger tires obviously, but better articulation for sure.
About the lift, sure stiffer springs can give it a lift, but in this case most people are thinking they are getting 2” lift on top of what the badlands has. I’d be surprised if it was 1” more with just the springs being the difference.
Yeah, the lift difference is probably less than an inch. That makes a difference, but it is not a huge difference. Yes, Ford has said the Sasquatch has 10mm less up travel than its normal badlands brother. That little bit would probably be unnoticeable.
Sponsored