First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 35” MT tires on both my f150 and wrangler and 32.5” KO2 on the wife’s grand cherokee trailhawk. Live in CO and get plenty of snow. I have ZERO issues w/ my MT tires and drive over 20k miles/yr and leave for work at 4am typically before plows have had a chance to hit the areas I drive. Rotate my tires on all vehicles every 3k miles. F150 has 40k miles on them and still holding up, GC has 42k miles on the KO2s. Jeep has 15k miles on them.
You and your wife are probably good drivers though. There are some people who legit just suck at driving (in snow). They need snow rated tires AND a couple of prayers.
Sponsored

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I talked directly with the Ford Brand manager. He said it’s not a lift, you get the extra “lift“ just with the bigger tires and heavier springs. The actual suspension on the badlands is the same as what comes with the Sasquatch.

Also, you have less clearance running 35’s on the badlands than with 33” tires. This has also been said multiple times

The Sasquatch on the Badlands will be more of a stance than anything else. Slightly better gear rations, and transfer case (If I remember correctly). But that’s pretty much it
I can’t find it, but it was mentioned at SuperCel East that the Sasquatch package had longer shocks than the Badlands.

Point being - none of the yahoo’s at any of these events has any clue what the actual specs are. They are given talking points and then they try to fill in some gaps to give a full story and that ends up giving conflicting information to people who are paying attention to every word these guys are saying. I doubt we will actually know until people get a sasquatch and a badlands next to each other and take them apart to see.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
this argument really depends on where the limiting factor in the braking system is:

it's true if the braking force is less than the available traction at the tire/ground interface,
it's false if the tire traction is less than the braking force at the hub.

so, if the braking force available exceed both the 35 and 30 inch available traction,
and both tires have the same coefficient of friction, the vehicle will stop in about the same distance.

as a thought experiment, vw golf gti can wear 16/17/18/19 wheels with the diameter tires.
the bigger the wheel, the heavier the tire/wheel combo.
they all pretty much stop in the same distance.
Sorry, no way in hell 35s are going to stop like 30 or 32s. NO WAY

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cant remember that last time was that I owned a vehicle with 30” or 32”, but my wife does have 32.5” AT on her grand cherokee (stock brakes) and I have 35” MT on my f150 (aftermarket pads/rotors) and my truck out brakes my wife’s grand cherokee both when towing and not towing. Ford brakes suck which is why I went aftermarket at 25k miles.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

like i previously stated, it depends on which portion limits the braking performance of the system.

if you're on a low mu surface, the tire patch becomes the limiting factor not the rotor disk/brake pads.

if you're on a high mu surface, the capacity of the rotors/brake pads become the limiting factor. if it's undersized, then brake distances start increasing.

(former vehicle dynamics engineer)

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What about not placing the squash and just removing the fenders?

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the only reason why i was going to get the sasquatch package was mainly for the gear ratio. Having the 4.7 is a lot better than 4.45. I am planning on putting 37's on my bronco and putting a 2"-3" lift on when it becomes available via ford or aftermarket.

Sasquatch is pretty sweet but you really dont get much when you have the badlands trim in my opinion. Your basically paying for tires, rims, and gears. On the build and price it says that you can select your gear ratio and it allows you to select the 4.7 gears without going to sasquatch package. If they allow us to do that then i'm doing it!
Sponsored