l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be wonderful. I have no doubt it's possible, but Ford's current comparison matrix indicates that the feature is only for the 10sp. So one shouldn't assume that they are going to get it until it's in writing from ford.

That said, it seems at this point that nothing is really in writing until B&P is up.
true, the original matrix also didn't allow for the possibility of mansquatch until it did
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands Sasquatch’ed with 33 and a spare of 35’s in the garage. Thoughts?
My thoughts are just run 35s. Get milder 35 A/Ts and sell the stock M/Ts if you need to...but do you want to sets sitting around.

Reactions: Jak

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm debating on this as well.

U also feel like this thread has gotten away from the original question.

Squatch on a badlands? Is it worth it?

Squatch adds 35" tires. Stiffer springs, and longer shocks. For me this totally comes down to $$$. Cmon B&P!!

OG poster. Badlands will totally cover you. Lockers front and rear are standard on Badlands as well as the swaybar disco. If you're not even sure this is your thing going squatch, waiting an extra 6 months for delivery isn't worth it.

At the end of the day the only thing Squatch is going to add to a badlands?.?.? Maybe crawling through a deeper mud hole???

Mud is my terrain here in Ohio so I'm totally perplexed at this point. I need more info, and more antimatter blue!!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Okay, maybe I’m missing something. I’ve had lots of 33” A/Ts...all come in load range C,D,E or F. Can you link in a suitable A/T or M/T tire in 285/70r17 in P/S?
Filter by tire type "all terrain" and then load range SL, 14 choices.

https://tiresize.com/tiresizes/285-70R17.htm

My first choice for my Badlands.
https://tiresize.com/tires/Falken/Wildpeak-AT3W-285-70R17.htm

My second choice.
https://tiresize.com/tires/Bridgestone/Dueler-AT-Revo-3-285-70R17.htm

My third choice.
https://tiresize.com/tires/Firestone/Destination-AT2-285-70R17.htm

Sponsored

StaticAnalysis

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waiting for a super late delivery just to get a manual Sasquatch ain't worth it.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've herd from other threads from CelEast that the Sas has longer/stiffer? shocks that gives one inch extra lift.
Shocks are incapable of increasing ride height --only springs can do that (physics). (Well, if the shock was too short to allow a spring to extend as much as intended, a longer shock stroke would allow *the spring* to raise the vehicle a bit higher).

I recall a post in one of the Q&A threads which quoted a Ford rep as saying Saq. gets its 1" increase from stiffer springs.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shocks are incapable of increasing ride height --only springs can do that (physics). (Well, if the shock was too short to allow a spring to extend as much as intended, a longer shock stroke would allow *the spring* to raise the vehicle a bit higher).

I recall a post in one of the Q&A threads which quoted a Ford rep as saying Saq. gets its 1" increase from stiffer springs.
so, in a coil-over shock, which has an integrated spring, does a stiffer spring lead to a taller 'shock'?

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so, in a coil-over shock, which has an integrated spring, does a stiffer spring lead to a taller 'shock'?
The typical coilover's length is fixed by the length of the shock (when you disassemble a coilover, you remove a nut on the end of the shock, allowing the pre-compressed spring to extend to its unloaded length).

If you put a stiffer spring in a coilover, and assuming that the shock its not otherwise affecting things, the stiffer spring will not allow the vehicle to drop as far when the wheels are on the ground. Alternatively stated, the overall length of the coil over remains the same (fixed by the length of the shock), but the vehicle is effectively "lifted" in the sense that the stiffer spring doesn't sag as much when loaded.

Sponsored

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

All true. The shocks are coil overs, so if people get loose with terms it can get confusing fast.

A coil over with a stiffer spring could give a 1" lift. The ride may differ as well due to the higher spring rate.

A longer shock with a similar spring rate (so longer spring too) would give a similar ride.

A longer shock becomes tricky. Longer shock = longer shock body. So the shock will bottom out too soon unless the mounts are also changed to accommodate the longer shock.

So, I would argue that the value proposition is different depending on whether Ford is providing a longer shock (eg more travel) or just a different spring rate - so the same travel with a different spring.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The typical coilover's length is fixed by the length of the shock (when you disassemble a coilover, you remove a nut on the end of the shock, allowing the pre-compressed spring to extend to its unloaded length).

If you put a stiffer spring in a coilover, and assuming that the shock its not otherwise affecting things, the stiffer spring will not allow the vehicle to drop as far when the wheels are on the ground. Alternatively stated, the overall length of the coil over remains the same (fixed by the length of the shock), but the vehicle is effectively "lifted" in the sense that the stiffer spring doesn't sag as much when loaded.
Good description. I’ve put in stiffer springs myself on a couple of vehicles to level them and allow for slightly bigger tires. It’s easy to do, and I will likely do that to the Bronco to improve the stance...maybe allow for a winch if I decide to add one.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All true. The shocks are coil overs, so if people get loose with terms it can get confusing fast.

A coil over with a stiffer spring could give a 1" lift. The ride may differ as well due to the higher spring rate.

A longer shock with a similar spring rate (so longer spring too) would give a similar ride.

A longer shock becomes tricky. Longer shock = longer shock body. So the shock will bottom out too soon unless the mounts are also changed to accommodate the longer shock.

So, I would argue that the value proposition is different depending on whether Ford is providing a longer shock (eg more travel) or just a different spring rate - so the same travel with a different spring. Best guess is it's just a different spring rate.
Agreed. And during a tour of Bilstein's US factory in a recent YouTube video (LiteBriteNation), the head of Bilstein's US ops was talking about how they work closely with manufacturers to tune the damping for specific application trims -- such as for the Bronco/Sasquach shock production line they were in the middle of setting up.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good news is, both of these look fantastic (badlands vs wildtrak with Sasquatch) so I don’t think anyone will be upset not getting Sasquatch. Although those that get Sasquatch might be a little happier ;-)

Ford Bronco sasquatch on badlands really worth it? 1602459720504

Badlands no squatch vs:
Ford Bronco sasquatch on badlands really worth it? 1602459755767

wildtrak

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

You don't need taller or stiffer springs to increase ride height with coilovers, you just need to adjust the pre-load. Reference: Every adjustable coilover on the market. The purpose of stiffer springs is at least partially to reduce body roll created by raising the vehicle's CG.

EDITED to Add the Q&A answer you may have been referencing:

2. Suspension Difference on BL vs Sasquatch how? -Will 35' tires fit BL
Sasquatch has stiffer springs and longer shocks. There is no “ spacer”
Sponsored