OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't fully understand your question. You are considering a Badlands with Sasquatch, but putting on smaller tires?
he is saying that you might not like the bigger tires , if that ends up true i can just get smaller ones for daily driving right?
Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not really? But it depends on the wheels and tires you want? Basically that's all your paying for / getting with Squatch on a Badlands.
Don't you lose out on the benefit of the gearing should you forgo the Sasquatch Package?

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry if been asked and answered in another thread, I searched but there's just too many threads...

Are 35" tires a stand alone option on the BL? Will they fit? Without squatch?

Looks like they're separate from squatch.

Ford Bronco sasquatch on badlands really worth it? Screenshot_20201012-112235

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The car will be noticeably slower accelerating and have worse handling, turning, etc. ....
Call it a truck or call it a rig.

But it is NOT A CAR!

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry if been asked and answered in another thread, I searched but there's just too many threads...

Are 35" tires a stand alone option on the BL? Will they fit? Without squatch?

Looks like they're separate from squatch.

Screenshot_20201012-112235.png
It's like that for every model. It's the sasquatch package.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't fully understand your question. You are considering a Badlands with Sasquatch, but putting on smaller tires?
He's saying, if he went w/ a BL and Sasquatch package, could he put 33s on (better road manners and more articulation) instead of the 35s or would the 4.70 gears be too deep for the 33" tires.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't you lose out on the benefit of the gearing should you forgo the Sasquatch Package?
He's saying, if he went w/ a BL and Sasquatch package, could he put 33s on (better road manners and more articulation) instead of the 35s or would the 4.70 gears be too deep for the 33" tires.
Badlands already has 4.7, same as Sasquatch. Upgrading (not really an upgrade) to Sasquatch from Badlands, then putting 33s on it is a bit nutty. Badlands already comes with 33s. What kind of nonsense is that?

Marine2146

Badlands
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you plan to run 35s and only 35s I think it’s beneficial to have it geared lower from the factory and you get the wider flares and bumper ends. If your going to go bigger than 35s I would not Waste your money on the Sasquatch package with the badlands and use it on lift and gearing.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands already has 4.7, same as Sasquatch. Upgrading (not really an upgrade) to Sasquatch from Badlands, then putting 33s on it is a bit nutty. Badlands already comes with 33s. What kind of nonsense is that?
Badlands only has 4.7 with the manual. Automatics have 4.46 until you get the Sasquatch package.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think only the manual BL is 4.70, auto is is higher IIRC. Squatch makes it 4.70 regardless of trans I think.

Still a bit silly though.

Sponsored

norwal42

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi friend, thought some context by comparison could be helpful, considering your described use case. It seems like you're asking the question whether the upgraded specs (35s vs 33s, locker vs no locker, more travel vs slightly less travel) are worth it/good to have/needed for a potential overlanding hobby. In my experience, it all comes down to the kind of terrain you expect you'll be traversing.

In my case, with my '08 4Runner over the past 5 years I've run a handful of light trails in CO & WY, but otherwise mostly upper Midwest MN, WI. For several of those years I was running 31" Destination A/T tires (slightly better traction than all seasons?), 2" lift, and have since upgraded to 32" KO2s. I have center diff lock and ATRAC, no rear locker. Even the base new Bronco will meet or beat most off-road geometry/specs on my 4Runner, so I'd think unless you're specifically seeking out challenging overlanding heavy on the technical terrain/off-roading, you'll be very capable to overland a huge amount of trails without 35s/locker. I could've run 95%+ of those trail miles in stock form - have gotten stuck only a handful of times and usually only when I voluntarily tested the limits (take the harder rut/hole/whatever vs drive around it) because I had other vehicles around to help recover.

That experience is partly because you have to work to find much of anything for technical trails here in the flat Midwest, and because I enjoy just driving trails, getting out in the wilderness, seeing new places, and camping - not as much into testing limits on technical trails/off-roading (though that's fun, it's not primary, and so far has always been optional - where I could just drive around if I wanted to).

Like you, I also consider trail capability alongside on-road manners, power, mileage, etc. And since about 99.6% of my driving is on-road, I opted for 32s over 33s, kept lift at 2"vs 3", etc.

Bottom line, the Bronc looks like it'll be highly capable even in base form, and while 35s/locker/lift will make medium difficulty terrain even easier to traverse - and some extreme terrain passable vs not - unless you want to seek out those extreme trails (even if you live in a place where they're plentiful:), there's an awful lot of medium-difficulty or less trail to explore where you'll never need those 35s or locker.

My 2 cents, hope something in it is helpful to you ::)

The enthusiastic max-upgrade-all-the-things perspective is easy to come by because it's more fun and exciting to talk about! And the vehicles with huge lifts and tires are the ones that grab attention on the road or on shows. Seems like there are fewer popular voices/channels out there talking about the advantages and benefits of mild upgrades for a lot of use cases. ::)
Here's an interesting one I ran across recently specifically regarding tires:

Another example is the Expedition Overland crew - take a look at some of the extreme trails and terrain they ran with 33" tires (I think they ran no bigger than 33s for a number of years of trips with the 4Runner and Tacoma, and later on the Land Cruiser... 35s on their full-size Tundra, and 37s on their Gladiator since it would be their primary bruiser/recovery tank). https://www.xoverland.com/vehiclebuilds/

Ford Bronco sasquatch on badlands really worth it? DSC09125

Last edited:

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but only with the 10 speed auto transmission. The standard Badlands manual transmission has a 4.7:1 final drive ratio, same as Squatch. The final drive ratio is 4.46:1 with the auto transmission. I've attached the specs for you. Helpful information. But anything can change?

Attachments

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, but only with the 10 speed auto transmission. The standard Badlands manual transmission has a 4.7:1 final drive ratio, same as Squatch. The final drive ratio is 4.46:1 with the auto transmission. I've attached the specs for you. Helpful information. But anything can change?
Yes I am aware. I am coming from the auto 2.7 perspective.
To get the 4.7 gearing need to go Sasquatch.....the gearing is the biggest benefit to me.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nope. Not for auto 2.7.
Need sas to get 4.7 gears.
Sponsored