Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with you 100%, but this topic is about gearing. A lot of people say they want Sasquatch for the 4.7 gear. The 4.7 is there to alleviate some of the negative effects of having a large 35" tire. There is nothing special about 4.7, it is merely necessary to accommodate large tires.

Big tire advantage off-roading is un-questionable, but folks should beware of getting a lift and installing 35s on lower end model trims. People who lift the Base (for example) and put on 35s w/o the Sasquatch gear and w/o the lower gearing in the Advanced 4x4 will find themselves disappointed.
If someone wants to have the option to go to 37s down the road without re-gearing, having 4.7 is a major advantage. It future proofs you to a degree as far as mods go.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Dude, calm down, yep, I missed that sentence and was not aware that BL came with the advanced 4x4 either (that actually makes me more likely to go BD). My apologies.
A number of new members have missed the Ford pdfs, here are highlights and attachments.

Ford Bronco sasquatch on badlands really worth it? 1602598581551

Ford Bronco sasquatch on badlands really worth it? 1602598594357

Ford Bronco sasquatch on badlands really worth it? 1602598621084

Ford Bronco sasquatch on badlands really worth it? 1602598654419

Attachments

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A number of new members have missed the Ford pdfs, here are highlights and attachments.

Reading and understanding these simple documents should be a REQUIREMENT before anyone posts their first thread.

So many questions and rumors would be avoided if people would just READ WHATS ALREADY BEEN GIVEN!

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The benefit I was referring to in my post was for highway driving with 35 inch tires or perhaps 37's.
Does the 4.7 gearing not come into play there?
Highway driving on 35s or 37s will be crap imo, but I like to drive aggressively on the highway. Breaking... dangerous. I want Badlands w/33s, but thinking those may be too big for my liking on the road? Without the 4.7 gearing, the highway drive on those big tires would be sluggish.

You sacrifice a lot on road for having those big tires. The benefit you refer to, I consider a requirement for big tires. With the 4.7 gearing, your 35, 37s will be a lot slower than trims with smaller wheels.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
If someone wants to have the option to go to 37s down the road without re-gearing, having 4.7 is a major advantage. It future proofs you to a degree as far as mods go.
Yup, and about 0.03% of buyers will use 37s

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you must have the following, then it’s worth it:

-Squatch
- MGV
- Higher end options

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Highway driving on 35s or 37s will be crap imo, but I like to drive aggressively on the highway. Breaking... dangerous. I want Badlands w/33s, but thinking those may be too big for my liking on the road? Without the 4.7 gearing, the highway drive on those big tires would be sluggish.

You sacrifice a lot on road for having those big tires. The benefit you refer to, I consider a requirement for big tires. With the 4.7 gearing, your 35, 37s will be a lot slower than trims with smaller wheels.
That's great if you want to stick with 33's, not everyone is in the same camp and I don't drive aggressively on the road.
I need clearance that 33's cannot afford (been there), hence the need for larger tires.
Perhaps in FL it is not needed.
I don't think anyone ever said 35/37s would be quicker than 33's, did they?
You did reaffirm my position however in stating that 4.7 gearing is a "requirement" for 35/37s, thus the benefit I spoke of prior.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, and about 0.03% of buyers will use 37s
OK. I think the market research says different, but that's your opinion or prediction. Look how many Wranglers you see running around on 37s...my guess is it's much, much more than .03%. It will also be way higher than that on Broncos, but make up whatever stat you want.

I may put on 37s, I may stay with 35s. We shall see...but if I can get a truck from the factory that I don't need to regear to go up a tire size, I will. Lot's of Broncos will see 37s at some point, that I know without a doubt. I also know that number will be higher than .03%.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK. I think the market research says different, but that's your opinion or prediction. Look how many Wranglers you see running around on 37s...my guess is it's much, much more than .03%. It will also be way higher than that on Broncos, but make up whatever stat you want.

I may put on 37s, I may stay with 35s. We shall see...but if I can get a truck from the factory that I don't need to regear to go up a tire size, I will. Lot's of Broncos will see 37s at some point, that I know without a doubt. I also know that number will be higher than .03%.
I agree. It's a lot more than .03%. Maybe more like .3% of wranglers have 37s. Don't forget that the vast majority of jeep drivers never take it off road. Bronco will be no different.

We had a thread on here not to long ago and even the vast majority of this "enthusiast crowd" has no plans to take it anywhere but to the mall.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I daily drive (54 miles round trip for work w/ a 1500' elevation change) my f150 supercrew w/ the 3.5EB, 10speed, 3.31 gears, 6" lift & 35" MT tires at speeds of 70-75mph and blow past any vehicle (other than sports cars) at any speed or incline. Granted that's the 3.5 and not the 2.7. I still get 18.1 mpg, rotate my tires every3k miles and have 41k miles on my MT tires.

I also have 35" MT on my 2door wrangler w/ the 4.0, 4.88 gears, 4speed auto, turbo & intercooler.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was replying to the guy who wants automatic transmission and wants Sasquatch for the 4.7 gearing. What I said is clear, it makes no sense that one would want Sasquatch because it has 4.7. 35" tires need that low gear ratio to be able to crawl

Badlands is not listed on the SotF side of the table because Badlands comes with Advanced 4x4! AND because Badlands has Advanced 4x4, if you put Sasquatch on a lower trim automatic, Badlands will BLOW AWAY squatch without the upgraded 4x4 system, but I ALREADY SAID THAT. Please read more carefully before disagreeing!
Not sure if that was me you were responding to because you quoted 2 of us I think, but yes, my thought was to go auto, 4dr badlands, Sasquatch and then dump the Sasquatch 35" tires/wheels for 33" KO2 and aftermarket wheels, since this is my wife's DD (she's short) and her 32.5" KO2 tires on her Grand Cherokee has gotten her through every trail she's ran thus far in CO. I'll also need to decide because right now our offroad camper has 33" MT and I'd swap them out to match the Bronco tires/wheels or upgrade to 35" if staying w/ 35" on the Badsquatch.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do the MTs drive on wet pavement/dry pavement?
My truck weighs 5700lbs and the wrangler is 4450lbs. Truck definitely has more traction than the wrangler does (my wrangler is light in the rear due to running soft top & no rear seat). Truck handles great in wet, icy, dry conditions. Would AT be better for these conditions, absolutely.

My plan is to go AT KO2s for the Badlands, even if I order the Sasquatch package.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What I said is clear, it makes no sense that one would want Sasquatch because it has 4.7. 35" tires need that low gear ratio to be able to crawl.....
If your crawling on the rocks you want clearance. 35’s only come with the Sasquatch. Sasquatch sounds like a good idea to me.

I got 35’s and only rocking 3.73 gears for years and I don’t even have lockers all around. You can’t just talk about gear ratios and ignore other positive benefits on Sasquatch. Gimmie the Sasquatch.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Scanning through, I haven’t seen anyone point this out.... these are NOT Mud Terrain tires, they are a Maximum Traction, or Multi Terrain tire. A hybrid of the 2. I have the cooper discoverer version on my wife’s Rebel and they do just fine for Michigan winters. There is zero issue running them year round. The 33 m/t’s for the badlands are same style tire as the 35” squach tires as well.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Scanning through, I haven’t seen anyone point this out.... these are NOT Mud Terrain tires, they are a Maximum Traction, or Multi Terrain tire. A hybrid of the 2. I have the cooper discoverer version on my wife’s Rebel and they do just fine for Michigan winters. There is zero issue running them year round. The 33 m/t’s for the badlands are same style tire as the 35” squach tires as well.
Has been thoroughly discussed on here. Not sure which threads but tfl probably lifted the info from here and claimed it for themselves.
Sponsored