Sponsored

Sasquatch or Not Sasquatch+aftermarket ?

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I have yet to put in my order mainly because of a few issues. First, I have been trying to determine if I can justify going with the Sasquatch even though I’m not sold on the rims. I have been debating whether to just change the rear axle drive ratio and get the rear locking differential then go aftermarket for all the rest. The plus side of doing the Sasquatch is that it’s factory and will be covered by whatever warranty Ford offers. The second part of my issue is that I’m likely being allocated a 22MY since my reservation is from 7/26 so my issue is what paint colors are going to carry over to the 22MY, what packages, etc. Thanks Ford and Covid for throwing curveballs. Anyway, at the moment I have set up a Big Bend 2.7L 4 door Area 51 with MIC top, black interior, adding the Mid and Tow package, would go for the High if it was availble. I just think some of the other interiors are terrible, just my opinion. So if you have made it this far, what are your thoughts on going aftermarket for a non Factory Sasquatch package?
Sponsored

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I have yet to put in my order mainly because of a few issues. First, I have been trying to determine if I can justify going with the Sasquatch even though I’m not sold on the rims. I have been debating whether to just change the rear axle drive ratio and get the rear locking differential then go aftermarket for all the rest. The plus side of doing the Sasquatch is that it’s factory and will be covered by whatever warranty Ford offers. The second part of my issue is that I’m likely being allocated a 22MY since my reservation is from 7/26 so my issue is what paint colors are going to carry over to the 22MY, what packages, etc. Thanks Ford and Covid for throwing curveballs. Anyway, at the moment I have set up a Big Bend 2.7L 4 door Area 51 with MIC top, black interior, adding the Mid and Tow package, would go for the High if it was availble. I just think some of the other interiors are terrible, just my opinion. So if you have made it this far, what are your thoughts on going aftermarket for a non Factory Sasquatch package?
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ok-time-to-pull-the-trigger-squatch-or-no.12262/

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sas seems worth it if you are not getting a badlands.

if you get a badlands i would just skip sas.

then you could
  1. stay with the stock badlands wheels and 33s
  2. sell the stock wheels get better wheels than sas has ($2.5k savings + ~$600 from sold wheels to work with)
  3. sell stock wheels and stock tires ($2.5k savings + ~$600 wheels + ~$750 tires to work with)
So if you were to sell stock wheels and tires, you would be working with nearly $4k difference in price of sas but end up with better tires and wheels easily. Unless im missing something else that badlands sas adds

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

then you could
  2. sell the stock wheels get better wheels than sas has ($2.5k savings + ~$600 from sold wheels to work with)
  3. sell stock wheels and stock tires ($2.5k savings + ~$600 wheels + ~$750 tires to work with)
So if you were to sell stock wheels and tires, you would be working with nearly $4k difference in price of sas but end up with better tires and wheels easily. Unless im missing something else that badlands sas adds
Its definitely more than wheels and tires.

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its definitely more than wheels and tires.
like what, the badlands model comes standard with 4.7 gearing and front and rear lockers. sas adds different tires and wheels and fatter fender flares to a badlands

Sponsored

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

then you could
Badlands doesn't allow 4.7 final drive without sas. But I don't think the 5% reduction will negate the ability to run 35's. 37's yeah but thats getting into lift kits anyway!

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

like what, the badlands model comes standard with 4.7 gearing and front and rear lockers. sas adds different tires and wheels and fatter fender flares to a badlands
4.7 is only applicable to badlands through sas. Verified this when I made my order. Hope this helps!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

4.7 is only applicable to badlands through sas. Verified this when I made my order. Hope this helps!
Not true, the MT7 comes with 4.7 on the Badlands

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands comes standard with 4.7 gearing with a manual transmission. Which is currently not able to be ordered with Sasquatch. There’s also a slight lift achieved with ambitious means. And and apparently a bump stop.

If you can swap your gearing and and get bigger tires for under $2,500, then go for it.

Edit: Also, the OP wants the 2.7, so that renders the talk of a manual irrelevant.

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

then you could
Forgot about gearing and labor (if you can’t do it yourself), and added warranty for whatever that’s worth.

Sponsored

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forgot about gearing and labor (if you can’t do it yourself), and added warranty for whatever that’s worth.
i didn't read he had to have a 2.7.

haha so ford gives 4.7 gearing standard on badlands with the 4cyl. but if you upgrade to the v6 they take away 4.7 gearing.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t go sasquach. I went SAMSQUANCH!

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i didn't read he had to have a 2.7.

haha so ford gives 4.7 gearing standard on badlands with the 4cyl. but if you upgrade to the v6 they take away 4.7 gearing.
Yeah I’m still making sense of that.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The rims are the least important thing about the squatch package.

Axles, gears, lockers, lift. That's stuff that cost real money to upgrade and stuff that makes a real difference. Wheels are a dime a dozen and can be had on the cheap and are basically just for looks.

Ii can't imagine basing my decision for squatch based on what the wheels look like, but I suppose if you are you probably don't need the extra performance anyway.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I’m still making sense of that.
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm sure I am as I'm speculating.
The gearing as far as tire size is concerned would be to increase torque to the wheels and remove stress from the drive shaft, transmission and motor, right? Maybe the auto and 2.7 can handle more torque. Might be why you cant match the 2.7 with the manual bc it doesn't allow for the stress of the 35's under full load. 🤷‍♂️ just speculating!
Sponsored