Sponsored

Sasquatch package + Lift: What is the recommendation to add 37's?

Salicrupa

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My apologies if this has been covered before. I did a search of this topic and, while I did get some basic questions answered from other threads, I have not seen a solid answer for what are people doing to effectively lift their Sasquatch equipped rigs to add 37's?

Unlike some of the other threads I have read, I do go out and off-road on easy and moderate trails. While I obviously don't want to break the bank, I want to do what is right for the rig. I am familiar with Jeep's and how to plan lifts on solid axles but I am not familiar with IFS or what other Bronco owners are experiencing out there. I am seeking advice on what kits to look at.

Your advise is very much appreciated.

(
Ford Bronco Sasquatch package + Lift: What is the recommendation to add 37's? 91F54EF8-7B90-49EA-BD67-15393270E81B
Pic for attention)
Sponsored

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is absolutely no reason 35s won’t handle easy to mild trails. You paid extra for the suspension. Use it until it doesn’t meet your requirements.

OP
OP
Salicrupa

Salicrupa

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is absolutely no reason 35s won’t handle easy to mild trails. You paid extra for the suspension. Use it until it doesn’t meet your requirements.
That's already happened once. I got high centered a few times on a trail in Johnson Valley

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It all depends on how much off-roading you plan on doing and if you are wanting 37's for looks or increased functionality. If zero to very mild off-roading, then maybe a 1" or 2" spacer lift and upper control arm. If you are planning on doing more than just running down some dirt roads then you are better of going with new coil overs, uca's and possibly a rear track bar and rear trailing arms.

OP
OP
Salicrupa

Salicrupa

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It all depends on how much off-roading you plan on doing and if you are wanting 37's for looks or increased functionality. If zero to very mild off-roading, then maybe a 1" or 2" spacer lift and upper control arm. If you are planning on doing more than just running down some dirt roads then you are better of going with new coil overs, uca's and possibly a rear track bar and rear trailing arms.
Yes, I do go off roading quite a bit. I have a few "Badges of Honor" trails very close to me. I want to do coilovers. I just want to know how to make a decision on the right kit.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This ^^^^^

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What you really need for 37s is an upgraded steering rack and/or tie rods.

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's already happened once. I got high centered a few times on a trail in Johnson Valley
We must different opinions of mild trails than if you’re getting high centered with 35s. I’ve done what I’d consider to be mild trails (fins and things in Moab for example) with a Tacoma on 32s without getting hung up.

OP
OP
Salicrupa

Salicrupa

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We must different opinions of mild trails than if you’re getting high centered with 35s. I’ve done what I’d consider to be mild trails (fins and things in Moab for example) with a Tacoma on 32s without getting hung up.
Well, I did. I went up Mottino Wash and had to be winched off one rock garden and lifted off another one so we could add rocks under the tires.

OP
OP
Salicrupa

Salicrupa

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am worried about the tie rods too. Who sells a good Tie Rod upgrade?

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to do coilovers. I just want to know how to make a decision on the right kit.
There are several already on the market already, Fox, 4WP, Dirt Logic (what I run) and some others. Pricing is usually a good indicator of quality and the current coil overs on the market range from $3k to $6k for all 4 corners.

And until those are available, considering ordering a spare tie-rod or 2 to keep with your recovery gear (waiting on mine to be delivered).

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just go mine a couple days ago. My gameplan is:
1. Install the 3" Zone adventure series lift (spacers) when they finally arrive
2. Upgrade to the RTR Fox suspension kit within a year or so.

Plan is to upgrade either to K02s or KM3s (37x12.5). Have run both on my 4Runner and will need to decide if I want ATs vs. MTs.

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I did. I went up Mottino Wash and had to be winched off one rock garden and lifted off another one so we could add rocks under the tires.
I’m not saying you didn’t. What I was getting at is it’s probably not a moderate trail if you did get high centered. Not familiar with the trail so I gave it a google.

F1FAE3B9-8196-41BA-A2AF-F12D391A31B3.jpeg

OP
OP
Salicrupa

Salicrupa

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are several already on the market already, Fox, 4WP, Dirt Logic (what I run) and some others. Pricing is usually a good indicator of quality and the current coil overs on the market range from $3k to $6k for all 4 corners.

And until those are available, considering ordering a spare tie-rod or 2 to keep with your recovery gear (waiting on mine to be delivered).

great info, TY! What tie rods you buy? stock or the RPG ones?
Sponsored