Sponsored

Sasquatch Package or Add 33’s to a Big Bend?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This right here is the same question I myself can not answer....but...for me it's a matter of do I want to spend the extra $5k for Squatch? Or pocket that and maybe spend approx. $2500 for new tires/wheels.

Based on the other thread which stated OBX can do 33's (OBX 33's), how would a Big Bend or Black Diamond or even a Base not be the same? We all know WildTrak comes with 35's, Badlands shares same suspension as the Trak (but different bump stops) and has 33's. But is there any reason to think that Ford is actually putting a different suspension on each and every model? I highly doubt that.

So if 33's can fit on an OBX, my assumption is 33's will fit on them all. Granted you'll need new wheels to get the proper offset.

Now back to my my question.... Do I go Squatch? Or maybe wrap some Mickey Thompon 285's on a set of Outlaw II's? ?

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Squatch is more than just wheels & tires.
Are you OK with an automatic, or would you hold out for the promised man-squatch combo?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are you OK with an automatic, or would you hold out for the promised man-squatch combo?
Just curious, did someone say Squatch was just wheels & tires? I must've missed that part.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

According to the math we should be able to clear 33’s (285/70r17, which is a SMALL “33”), they will fit on your BB & BD factory wheels.

it comes down to spending 5k + for Sasquatch. All depends how far you want to go/what you will actually use. You wheeling it on a regular basis? How difficult terrain do you want to attempt?
It’s a personal preference & budget at that point.

I’m comfortable with a BDnon sas,, as it’s in my budget, confident I can fit 285/75r17 on stock wheels with probably a level kit down the road, and it’s got plenty of equipment that I’ll make use of, with room for future improvements when I can afford to add them.

Sponsored

Superthornbird

Everglades
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang, 2015 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Having the Squatch package is more than just wheels and 35s. It also includes heavier axels, bilstein shocks, the automatic transfer case, front and rear lockers . All this with a factory backed warranty. It boils down to what you want, and there is nothing wrong with either choice. Simply is itsomething that from the start that is more for looks or more for getting off the beaten path.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This right here is the same question I myself can not answer....but...for me it's a matter of do I want to spend the extra $5k for Squatch? Or pocket that and maybe spend approx. $2500 for new tires/wheels.

Based on the other thread which stated OBX can do 33's (OBX 33's), how would a Big Bend or Black Diamond or even a Base not be the same? We all know WildTrak comes with 35's, Badlands shares same suspension as the Trak (but different bump stops) and has 33's. But is there any reason to think that Ford is actually putting a different suspension on each and every model? I highly doubt that.

So if 33's can fit on an OBX, my assumption is 33's will fit on them all. Granted you'll need new wheels to get the proper offset.

Now back to my my question.... Do I go Squatch? Or maybe wrap some Mickey Thompon 285's on a set of Outlaw II's? ?
Don‘t get me wrong, I think the Sasquatch package looks amazing, but I will never take advantage of it. I agree, saving $2,500 is really nice!

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I‘m auto all the way.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

According to the math we should be able to clear 33’s (285/70r17, which is a SMALL “33”), they will fit on your BB & BD factory wheels.

it comes down to spending 5k + for Sasquatch. All depends how far you want to go/what you will actually use. You wheeling it on a regular basis? How difficult terrain do you want to attempt?
It’s a personal preference & budget at that point.

I’m comfortable with a BDnon sas,, as it’s in my budget, confident I can fit 285/75r17 on stock wheels with probably a level kit down the road, and it’s got plenty of equipment that I’ll make use of, with room for future improvements when I can afford to add them.
Will better gears be required for bigger tires on the Big Bend. That’s one thing I don’t quite understand.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Having the Squatch package is more than just wheels and 35s. It also includes heavier axels, fox shocks, the automatic transfer case, front and rear lockers . All this with a factory backed warranty. It boils down to what you want, and there is nothing wrong with either choice. Simply is itsomething that from the start that is more for looks or more for getting off the beaten path.
Yep. I really want the look of the Sasquatch tires and wheels without all the other stuff I will most likely never use.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will better gears be required for bigger tires on the Big Bend. That’s one thing I don’t quite understand.
4.27 should be more than capable up to 35’s with that 10 spd auto.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep. I really want the look of the Sasquatch tires and wheels without all the other stuff I will most likely never use.
Pretty much answered your own question right there. Lol

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Depends on how you view 'required'. You could run the 285's on the 3.73's, Hell the wife's Jeep spins 285's with 3.21's (or whatever it has). But... that doesn't make it 'optimal'. Gas mileage suffers and it won't tow for shit.

Personally if I go with the 285's on my Big Bend build, I'll be opting for the 4.27's.