Sponsored

Sasquatch Package or Add 33’s to a Big Bend?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EDIT: TL,DR- On EcoBoost, given two close choices, you'd be better off err'ing on the side of the lower overall gearing to get higher overall engine rpm's..

Original Post:

I wanted to offer this input on the gearing...

IMO it would be better to err on the side of having the lower gearing, given two close options...by "lower gearing" I mean the one that increases the engine RPM's for given speed.

I speak from this experience: I've driven an F150 4x4 with 3.5L Ecoboost going on 7 years now. Absolutely love it, but I have too tall of an overall final gearing for the 35's I'm turning, the factory 3.55 rear end keeps me at around 1800 RPM's in top gear at 65-70 mph. That 3.55 diff was meant to go with the 32ish inch crappy tires that came from the factory. Where this really hurts, especially on these turbocharged engines, is when you are in close quarters traffic trying to match subtle speed changes with the traffic in front of you, or towing. If the RPM's and resulting exhaust velocity/volume isn't there available to the turbos, the turbo lag is exacerbated. Hence I almost never allow the truck into 6th (top) gear. Keep the RPM's in the right range (i.e. manually keep it down in 5th gear, or get the right diff to start with) and my truck will pull my 20' SeaArk/Yammy 150 up and down hills at 75 MPH no problem, without downshifting.
The 10sp is a benefit in that situation, matches rpm more consistently, but I agree you need to watch gearing and mismatch with the engine tune/power sweet spot can be problematic. Here’s a question for everyone. If you have to choose between non SQ 2.7, planning to go 285/70/17 or SQ 2.3 (otherwise identical BD) which do you choose and why?
Sponsored

Pie Grande

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (eventually)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is the question I have been asking myself for what seems like years now.

And we don’t really know if 33’s will fit.
Squatch it
Bead locks are 1k each aftermarke (reference Ford part website)
Tires Are about 350 each (x5) (tire rack)
That’s already 6.8k
Besides suspension upgrade (shocks)
Other goodies like fender flares
So idk it’s all up to you, in my opinion $5k for Sasquatch is a package deal, plus if your financing; it means u don’t have to reach in your savings or credit card to pay for aftermarket wheel&tire
I was struggling for a lil bit but now happy to say I will be squatching! ?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fairly certain wifey will want one after she sees the BaseSquatch ... so I've been building 4 door Big Bends with the plan to just throw 33's on there at some point.
If only they would open the Mid up for manuals now .....
Anyways, I'm glad I got that second res at Granger on October 31st, lol.
Sponsored