First Name
Arn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 4Runner Sport V8
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am looking at a 2 door base model. I want to get it with the 7 speed manual. My question is about the Sasquatch package. What part(s) of this package would be prohibitively expensive to add later and cannot be added ala-cart? I want to start cheap and then build up over time but if this package is a crazy good deal I would go ahead and get it.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gears, axles, wheels/tires, advanced 4x4 transfer case, flares...

If you don't order them from the factory, you will never buy them in the future once you see the prices for parts and labor.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am looking at a 2 door base model. I want to get it with the 7 speed manual. My question is about the Sasquatch package. What part(s) of this package would be prohibitively expensive to add later and cannot be added ala-cart? I want to start cheap and then build up over time but if this package is a crazy good deal I would go ahead and get it.

Thanks!
All of it is going to be pricey and time consuming to add, outside the wheels and tires.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch package question 1637340759642

A base Base has none of these unless you option them. You'll have to swap out most of your drivetrain.

If you want those features, go Sasquatch. Otherwise its a monumental undertaking not really worth it unless you are an avid off-roader looking for MAJOR projects.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Adding SAS to a non SAS will be a lot of $$$.

The front and rear locking diffs and if you need to regear with be over 5K+ easily. And how will you integrate that into your bronco as in turning them on and off?

do yourself a favor and get SAS from the factory. If I was in market to buy a Bronco with facory SAS or aftermarket SAS, I would steer clear of the aftermarket solution .. unless you own a race shop and gave me a warranty on your work.

Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP

bigcanoe

Base
First Name
Arn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 4Runner Sport V8
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks all! I will be driving on the beach, fields, dirt roads, sand for hunting, fishing, and metal detecting. I have no plans to do hard core rock crawling. So for $5000 its a good deal, its just a matter if I would ever want/need those options I guess.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks all! I will be driving on the beach, fields, dirt roads, sand for hunting, fishing, and metal detecting. I have no plans to do hard core rock crawling. So for $5000 its a good deal, its just a matter if I would ever want/need those options I guess.
If getting a base...for your uses, Sasquatch is a no-brainer. It's a great deal and you would regret not getting it.

OP
OP

bigcanoe

Base
First Name
Arn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 4Runner Sport V8
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I would never add it later and may miss having it. I appreciate the information!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If getting a base...for your uses, Sasquatch is a no-brainer. It's a great deal and you would regret not getting it.
If you're getting a Base I agree....get the Sasquatch.

But....I'd just get a BB or BD with a locker and call it done for that kind of use.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
For that kind of use I would stick with the base. Don't forget to order the switches though, that is about the best bargain.

As for lockers, you can buy the complete rear end with the locker for about 2k from ford and if you have even general mechanical ability and some tools you could install it yourself in less than a weekend (most likely 1 evening).

I haven't looked into aftermarket lockers and unless you want to do serious there is no need to re-gear (4.46 with the manual is fine), most likely an aftermarket locker is or will be $500-$1000 and another $300-$500 to have it installed.

The shocks, springs, rims, tires are already available used from people upgrading.

Sponsored

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who was talked out of a Rubicon for my first Jeep and then later went on to run 2 offroad groups and wheel all over Eastern Canada, it's better to have the features and not need them than to need them and not have them.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't forget all the Sasquatch stuff (except the tires of course) are under factory warranty. I wish Ford had the suspension/wheel/tire upgrades on the Badlands available to the other models at a lower price point. Call it the 'Tremor' package or whatever nonsense Ford Marketing comes up with. Mine will be a daily driver, in addition to weekend camping adventures. Adding a roof rack will put me close/at the height limit of my parking deck at work. Since I couldn't order the factory rack with my options, I'll cross that bridge when it is built.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you're getting a Base I agree....get the Sasquatch.

But....I'd just get a BB or BD with a locker and call it done for that kind of use.
So you pay an extra $4500/$7100 for the privilege of being able to then purchase the rear locker ($800), and you still don't get the front locker, better gearing, beefier front axles, better shocks, advanced 4x4 and larger tires. I get there is creature comforts involved in those packages, but mechanically you'll be paying almost Sasquatch money (or more), and getting a lot less drive-train.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey @bigcanoe, I was in the same situation. I ended up Base 2.3 Auto Sasquatch. It was either 5K for the Sasquatch package or about the same to get to a BB 2.3 auto with 4.27 locker. Both can do what I need. Wanted the better mechanical just in case. I'd say just get a Base....but with the sand I'd want a rear locker at a minimum.

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do it now. Add SAS now. I spent twice as much lifting, regearing, locking my JKU afterwards. Like the build process. I enjoy working on my Jeep. But could have saved some $$$ by starting with the RUBICON in the long run.
Sponsored