Not open for further replies.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No one knows yet. But on the power wagon it makes a big difference. Gives a better ride over bumps too.

The power wagon has a SFA. So not a fair comparison. I agree that nobody knows how much of an actual offroad benefit a sway bar disco has on an IFS bronco. I think it will give a smoother ride at lower speeds if nothing else so that's a nice benefit, but I'm not as convinced it will add a ton of traction. Even if it drops a wheel 6-9 inches, that still doesn't mean it has much weight on the tire as you don't get the fulcrum effect like you do on a SFA.

I bet any trim squatch with 35s will be more capable off-road than Badlands with 33s plus disco in 99% of offroad scenarios as clearance is normally king. But we won't really know for sure until it's tested real world.
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The tread and width becomes an issue.

If I go Sasquatch/35 I'll have a second set of smaller winter tires. I'm a firm believer in a dedicated set for winter.
Especially since you can pop those flares off. No more driving around with huge flares sticking way out past your pizza cutters for half the year!

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
As you say, with the crawler gear it's irrelevant, would be just right for your situation. But say you where running 1000 rpms with the 4.70's, you' be revving 1035 with the 4.88's and 1085 with the 5.10's, don't think you'd notice.
I've slowly come to the conclusion that Ford probably went to the 4.70 ratio for reliability reasons.

JL jeeps don't go any deeper than 4.88 in the D44 because the pinion starts to get crunchy at 5.13.
It doesn't matter if you are running 35"s or 38"s.
4.88 is the advisable limit.

Even the 2.3L in the Bronco is more powerful than the Jeep 3.6L.
The 2.7L just piles on.

Going deeper than 4.70 may turn out to be a bad idea for Broncos.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Guess Im going base squatch. Now in the 30 years I can be one of those guys that goes "yep I only got the hardcore stuff. I may roll up the carpet I rip out and keep it for the 2050 UFO (United Ford Owners) Swapmeet. ?

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I were getting Badlands I wouldn't bother with Sasquatch. I plan to buy base, though, so Sasquatch on the base gets me everything I would have wanted in Badlands at a much lower cost. No brainer for me.
Except sway bar disconnect

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Certainly hope this becomes real. A BaseSquatch manual is the exact build I want.

Fingers crossed they add Kodiak Brown to the list of colors at some point as well.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
The power wagon has a SFA. So not a fair comparison. I agree that nobody knows how much of an actual offroad benefit a sway bar disco has on an IFS bronco. I think it will give a smoother ride at lower speeds if nothing else so that's a nice benefit, but I'm not as convinced it will add a ton of traction. Even if it drops a wheel 6-9 inches, that still doesn't mean it has much weight on the tire as you don't get the fulcrum effect like you do on a SFA.

I bet any trim squatch with 35s will be more capable off-road than Badlands with 33s plus disco in 99% of offroad scenarios as clearance is normally king. But we won't really know for sure until it's tested real world.
Yep. Ground clearance is king in 99% of Off-roading situations. The Bronco with IFS will already give you a comfortable ride on a rocky trail. Most Jeep owners that are Overlanding and adventure Off-roading mostly use the disconnect so the SFA and harsh ride doesn't rattle their teeth out while traveling down the rocky trail.

The 1% benefit of the disconnect is in that extreme rock crawling situation. Thats really it. Or maybe if your trying to drive over a tree. Other then that the Ground clearance of the Sasquatch package and the front and rear lockers will be most important.

My build will be Base + Sasquatch and for my money give me excellent Off-roading ability. If they do make the manual available I might go that route. Although the 10 speed auto is an excellent transmission. Its definitely a hard decision in the transmission department. I can make and argument for both for different reasons.

Sponsored

Ohlongjohnson

Base
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Basemansquatch 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Certainly hope this becomes real. A BaseSquatch manual is the exact build I want.

Fingers crossed they add Kodiak Brown to the list of colors at some point as well.
I love the kodiak brown. Definitely would like to see it on the base.

Status
Not open for further replies.