Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did 10mm come from? I'm going off worst case scenario numbers based off this document. Stock travel vs Badlands.....

I'm still up in the air as I'll probably trash either version for coilovers and bypasses....

When is Geiser Bros dropping that long arm setup? Brappppp

IMG_20200916_210032.jpg
Unless I'm missing something, this document doesn't show Badlands vs Squatch, only Badlands vs Base. How can you make projections off of the information provided?
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Interesting - so the climbing picture is not of the Sasquatch manual badlands climbing a non-squatch. The manual 301W412 on 33's is the climbee.

Wonder if the Sasquatch climber is disconnected or not.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Unless I'm missing something, this document doesn't show Badlands vs Squatch, only Badlands vs Base. How can you make projections off of the information provided?
On one of the indepth technical discussions on this forum, use search to turn up a number of the threads that figured it out, I'm not sure where at the minute.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

On one of the indepth technical discussions on this forum, use search to turn up a number of the threads that figured it out, I'm not sure where at the minute.
The question was asked several times to Ford reps, and they said the difference between Badlands suspension and Badlands with Sasquatch suspension is 10MM less travel and articulation.

Now if we are talking Badlands with disconnect and another model without disconnect but with the Sasquatch suspension - I don't know.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I've read them all and the consensus is a loss of 10mm. Just have no idea how @Werkedperformance came up with the 30mm and 40mm numbers.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
for 99.9% of situations, today’s automatics are superior. With the exceptions of a few select off road scenarios.

People just like shifting. It’s “manly” says someone in the back.“I like feeling one with the machine” says another.
Hope that's on a fully built motor. I would never trust a stock block 2.3 to that amount of power. There's a reason my RS is stock. I don't trust the motor.

Aye. And the truck block is built the same way unfortunately, open deck. Livernois was basically saying over 400 lbft it's a concern due to cylinder pressures
Yep, I've read them all and the consensus is a loss of 10mm. Just have no idea how @Werkedperformance came up with the 30mm and 40mm numbers.
I responded to this previously, I was using base numbers vs Badlands as a worst case scenario situation. Missed the 10mm factoid along the line somewhere in the other threads. My condolences for the uprising. This is good news. 10mm isn't life threatening. Where is the limiting accomplished? That's a secondary question, was it answered?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

FORScan will be your new friend when dealing with customizing your new Bronco and fix your speedo with whatever tire you want :)

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So Ive been very happy with my manual Black Diamond reservation, 4dr with soft top, adding the Mid and Tow package.

I planned to immediately put 285s on and one day get a little lift and 315s because it just looks so good with that size tire.

I had completely ruled out the Sasquatch because I really want a manual. I don't really care about a front locker, because I don't plan to wheel this thing as hard as I used to. Swaybar disco, don't care. Don't like the wider flares, either.

BUT, if I can now add the Sasquatch to my manual Black Diamond.....Ford may have just figured out a way to get another few thousand dollars out of me.

Just depends on how much $$$ they charge.

Ford just give me a "Sasquatch Lite" package with a lift and 315s for my 7sp manual and take my money so I don't have to go aftermarket and I can keep it 100% factory Ford original! (Im a purist)

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But on that pricing survey that went out recently they priced adding Sasquatch to the BL at $2,500. There is no way upgrading wheels tires would be more than 1k? But maybe they automatically included the 10-speed in the Sasquatch upgrade price for the BL. According to everything published the difference only appears to be a half inch lift and the wheels/tires. Maybe the disco needs extra engineering to be paired with 35s?
The cost to upgrade the raptor to beadlock is $500/wheel and the tires are the same. So bronco 5x$500 justifies $2500 and maybe even a better price than raptor bc you are getting the upgrade from 33 to 35 tires.

Sponsored

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FORScan will be your new friend when dealing with customizing your new Bronco and fix your speedo with whatever tire you want :)
FORScan couldn't fix my speedo on my 2011 Coyote Mustang. Tech said sometimes they can't get in and correct. Hopefully it's not the case here.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So Ive been very happy with my manual Black Diamond reservation, 4dr with soft top, adding the Mid and Tow package.

I planned to immediately put 285s on and one day get a little lift and 315s because it just looks so good with that size tire.

I had completely ruled out the Sasquatch because I really want a manual. I don't really care about a front locker, because I don't plan to wheel this thing as hard as I used to. Swaybar disco, don't care. Don't like the wider flares, either.

BUT, if I can now add the Sasquatch to my manual Black Diamond.....Ford may have just figured out a way to get another few thousand dollars out of me.

Just depends on how much $$$ they charge.

Ford just give me a "Sasquatch Lite" package with a lift and 315s for my 7sp manual and take my money so I don't have to go aftermarket and I can keep it 100% factory Ford original! (Im a purist)
Isn’t the manual not available with the 4 door?

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Isn’t the manual not available with the 4 door?
No, the 4 door is definitely available with a manual.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone else pointed it out, but ford is basically charging 8k for the disco - which is something that I find 100 percent useless. Otherwise I love the BL trim.
some folks like myself find the advanced transfer case to be very useful and worth the bump up to the BL trim, so it's more than just the SBD
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.