Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I seem to remember from the Colorado event Q&A, in addition to the spacers limiting travel, wider flares and the 35's, there are stiffer springs that makes up the missing height difference between Badlands and a Sasquatch.

I admit, with the latest revelation that the 2 door "modular" top does not have removable windows, that I could move down from my current Badlands reservation to a Black Diamond ManSquatch and get what I want. It probably would save me a little $$$ at purchase in the process. So in my case, Ford is better off not allowing the ManSquatch combination.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I seem to remember from the Colorado event Q&A, in addition to the spacers limiting travel, wider flares and the 35's, there are stiffer springs that makes up the missing height difference between Badlands and a Sasquatch.

I admit, with the latest revelation that the 2 door "modular" top does not have removable windows, that I could move down from my current Badlands reservation to a Black Diamond ManSquatch and get what I want. It probably would save me a little $$$ at purchase in the process. So in my case, Ford is better off not allowing the ManSquatch combination.
That was the guy who said it had "extra springs" I wouldn't put much stock in that comment, it sounds like he didn't really know.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I responded to this previously, I was using base numbers vs Badlands as a worst case scenario situation. Missed the 10mm factoid along the line somewhere in the other threads. My condolences for the uprising. This is good news. 10mm isn't life threatening. Where is the limiting accomplished? That's a secondary question, was it answered?
So the thing to keep in mind is Base + Sasquatch will not articulate like Badlands + Sasquatch.

(i.e., you'll have the same up and down travel going over humps, but how much articulation do you loose side to side? Example: flexing one side then the other over those diagonal drainage ditch bump things on a hilly trail - running disconnected will reducing being thrown side to side.)

Net: going from Base - BD to Sasquatch buys you a lot (7MT is great, but it will still cost that $5000 number) - and is a good value for the better diff, gearing, lockers and height.

Squatching a 7MT Badlands - there the equation gets a little more sticky, and it depends on what you were planning on building from there.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

there are stiffer springs that makes up the missing height difference between Badlands and a Sasquatch.
That was the guy who said it had "extra springs" I wouldn't put much stock in that comment, it sounds like he didn't really know.
The wire gauge to make "stiffer springs" has nothing to do with the length or height of a spring design, they are two separate design factors.

Whoever gave this answer at Bronco Celebration West was not technical and did not know what they were talking about. They either made up the answer or did not understand what they were told by a technical person.

Sponsored

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Squatching a 7MT Badlands - there the equation gets a little more sticky, and it depends on what you were planning on building from there.
Can you expand on that? I'm thinking Badland 2.3t/7m but it seems people now in this thread are saying it's now not worth doing the BL??

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you expand on that? I'm thinking Badland 2.3t/7m but it seems people now in this thread are saying it's now not worth doing the BL??
That will come down to what features you want. I have little need to flex but the Badlands was my only option for the upgraded suspension and a manual transmission. I did want the modular top and thus the badlands until the windows were not removable. If the speculation is true, I can get every feature I do want on the BD ManSquatch. If you want better than Medium package, staybar disconnect or the modular top, then the BadSquatch is still your choice.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
some folks like myself find the advanced transfer case to be very useful and worth the bump up to the BL trim, so it's more than just the SBD
So Im curious about that, what exactly does the "Advanced Transfer Case" give you?

Is that like basically the ability to go from 2WD into 4WD automatically without user input? Maybe the computers sense the traction situation and go into 4WD by itself? Which I presume would be beneficial if you live in environments with lots of snow or ice?

Im in SC so I don't really need 4WD unless I go off road, so I wouldn't think it would be beneficial to me but I can see how it would be in other areas, if I have this correctly.

DriversSide

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I reported on this last week and everyone said it was fake news because of my anonymous source. So now that it's a fact, I will take my apology now. :sneaky: or just remember the next time I post something to give it a read/share.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So Im curious about that, what exactly does the "Advanced Transfer Case" give you?

Is that like basically the ability to go from 2WD into 4WD automatically without user input? Maybe the computers sense the traction situation and go into 4WD by itself? Which I presume would be beneficial if you live in environments with lots of snow or ice?

Im in SC so I don't really need 4WD unless I go off road, so I wouldn't think it would be beneficial to me but I can see how it would be in other areas, if I have this correctly.
Are we talking about the "Advanced 4x4 with Automatic Engagement?"

If so, there's already numerous threads on the subject. Here's a recent one:https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/automatic-on-demand-4x4-is-it-worth-10-benjamins.5250/

Basically, yes, when in 4A it shifts from 2wd to 4wd automatically, but it does so with a clutch pack, so it can engage and disengage, with slippage, 4H many times a second. Which proves to be advantageous during poor weather or inconsistently slippery road conditions.

It also the driver still retains the ability to select 2H, 4H, and 4L... and lock it into those modes.

Also also, It's standard on BL, but my spec sheet shows it as an option on all levels... also, if actually what we're talking about is the M210 Dana front axle, my spec sheet also shows that as an option on all levels... but we know how accurate these sheets are proving to be.

Last edited:

Sponsored

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Disagree, Ford put most of it's customers in-between trims knowing most will go one up and pay for more than what they want vs. going one down and getting less than what they want.

The 12' inch screen requiring the high package for example. There are a large number of customers who will jump to the high package just for that and Ford knows it.

Personally, I'm between spending 33k for slightly less than I want and 45k for slightly more than I want. Someone else pointed it out, but ford is basically charging 8k for the disco - which is something that I find 100 percent useless. Otherwise I love the BL trim.

If Ford actually does pair the Sasquatch with the MT, that will negatively effect the BL orders more than any other trim. Base/MT/Sasquatch will be about 33k vs. BL at 43k. 10k for a disco and smaller tires? ouch.
If you ignore the standard advanced automatic 4wd, signature led headlights, modular bumper and skid plates, sliders, aux switches, marine grade vinyl, etc. Then yes, they are basically the same.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am questioning even if they come with 7MT Squatch as an option on Badlands, it depends on where you really want to go geographically and build-wise.

If you are thinking a 2" lift downstream, different 35" tires, and different beadlocks, well Sasquatch on the Badlands is throwing money away.

On the question: let's say you want the washout, bash plates, bumpers, ect.
Before 7MTsquatch, Badlands verus Black Diamond = $5045
(but you didn't get the Badlands suspension, lockers, Dana 210, wider wheels, etc. on the BD)
Badlands + $2500 Squatch versus Black Diamond + $4500 Squatch = $3045
However Badlands versus Black Diamond + Squatch = $545

We'll all have our own calculus, and without B&P I can't start making mine.

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For no other reason than 35s look so damn good on the 4D.
I'm trying to convince myself out of the Sasquatch just for having the tire size. The Yankee in me says do it aftermarket. The cynic says "Do it under factory warranty". So the auto is now in 85%+ play.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@TeocaliMG, are you saying the stock Badlands 4.46:1 gear ratio will handle the 34" or 35" tires just fine?

If true, those of us that just want 33" tires but still have the future possibility of going larger, without getting the Sasquatch 4.70:1 gear ratio, will be just fine, is that a correct assumption?
Some here may disagree but there is no shortage of evidence that the crawl gear and anything 4:10 or above would not have any problem with 35's. It wouldn't stop me that's for sure. Higher ratios are nice for a slower crawl ratio sure but so long as you are talking about the same axle housing there can actually be strength issues for the pinion with excessively tall gearing.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not worrying about the speedometer. My phone/google maps can give me speed if I need it. My current truck is off by a few km/h and it doesn't bother me.

The wider the tire the more it will want to flow. This can be advantageous or detrimental depending on snow.

There are 35s that are decent in snow but I'm looking for true winters. I don't get many big snowstorms where I live but its cold and icy hard packed snow for months. I need something sticky.

Deep snow will need a different tire than an icy, snowy, hard packed highway. I prefer getting the safety of a winter tire for the hard packed highway and give up a bit of deep snow traction.

Many will say certain tires are good for snow but it all depends on local conditions.

There's a couple posts in the Tires, Wheels sub that are better for this discussion.
Living in Missouri, I know all about hard-packed icy roads. We get more sleet, freezing rain, and ice, than we do snow. The snow we do get is usually very wet and packs into ice after the first few vehicles drive over it. With that being said, a few people have already given some great tire recommendations, some of which I have already used. The BFG T/A K02 is the "Old Faithful" tire for many people and they are an absolutely wonderful three-peak rated tire. The one I use most often here in Missouri is the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W which is also three-peak rated. I use them all year, but they truly shine when the roads get icy. I love them. The tread does seem to wear down faster during the warmer months though due to the softer material they are made of to accommodate for winter driving. Either of those two tires I believe will make you happy on the ice.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.