NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Rubicon can be had for $28K with the manual?

Also--none of us have driven the 2.3 with the 7MT. How could you possibly know what it's like, especially with the fact the 3.6 is less powerful?
Rubicon? I’m talking drivetrain - getting hung up on gears and lockers is stupid, those are cheap upgrades in the aftermarket, worry about the more expensive issues - that being the horrible engine options Ford it’s screwing us with.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rubicon? I’m talking drivetrain - getting hung up on gears and lockers is stupid, those are cheap upgrades in the aftermarket, worry about the more expensive issues - that being the horrible engine options Ford it’s screwing us with.
Gears and lockers are cheap? What about install?

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Go for it then. Don’t forget to add $1500 for destination. And plan on being passed by the little ford engine.
Do you really think anyone cares about peak output over displacement? I’ll take a 6.0L with 250HP/250tq over a turbo mill 3.0l with 350/350.

Drive a turbo back to back with a V8. You’ll never go back.

Goat Poacher

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, FJC, 2021 Badlands Bronco (on order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just read this. I was able to get past the manual not being tied to the V6, but come on. If you can change it before release, please Ford.....take care of business.

Sponsored

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will gladly take the Jeep V6 over either of the Bronco engines.
And it can be had for $28k w/ the manual.

Says no one ever....
Also 28k doesn’t even get you air conditioning... might as well buy a side by side if you don’t care about climate control.

Last edited:

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gears and lockers are cheap? What about install?
I’m talking about parts/install numbnuts. I just did a complete two axle regear for $2,200, add a rear locker for a couple hundred, front if you must. No reason to get upset over the low cost stuff.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m talking about parts/install numbnuts. I just did a complete two axle regear for $2,200, add a rear locker for a couple hundred, front if you must. No reason to get upset over the low cost stuff.
So $3k for lockers and gears is cheap?

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the Base should have been rubber floor and vinyl seats just like a fleet vehicle. Now, if ford didn't want to offer a MT with Sasquatch, that's fine. (Not Fine at all.). But they should have been clear and upfront with that before they were so eager to take everyone's deposits across the country.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This unfortunate fact was something that I had seen earlier in development. However, when they made no mention of it in all of the release materials, I thought they had reversed course. I guess not. I don't think it is a hardware issue because there were conversations about making this combination available at some point after the initial launch. Plus, they already showed that 2-door on the 37s with the 7MT, so it should be possible. Hopefully if we make enough noise, they will change their minds.
Hope you’re right, it would save me a BUNCH of money while still getting the same performance

Sponsored

Notbroncokong

First Name
Notbroncokong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why go through the effort of building an all new manual transmission, advertise the advantages of its crawl ratio, and then only offer it on the smallest engine without any of the benefits of the best off road package in your lineup...

not interested personally unless this changes.

Al Blue4.6l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150, 1991 Defender 90, 2006 LR3, 2013 LR4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just to add to the feedback - I have a reservation in and may not go through with it if I can't get a manual with the Sasquatch package.
As a follow up - I corresponded directly with Mr. Levine this morning and he assured me that they are listening.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So $3k for lockers and gears is cheap?
Do you work at McDonalds?

For less than 10% of the base Vehicle cost you can have better than factory gears and a rear locker. Hell of a lot easier to fix that the engine situation.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

For less than 10% of the base Vehicle cost you can have better than factory gears and a rear locker. Hell of a lot easier to fix that the engine situation.
Please stop trolling

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My point is that by the time you do all these upgrades to a base you’d have been better off to just buy a badlands.
Sponsored