Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Sasquatch - PARTS LIST

Here is what I have been able to find out about what's specifically included in the package
  • 35-inch tires
  • 17-inch Beadlock Capable wheels
  • Front and rear locking differentials
  • HOSS suspension
  • Bilstein position-sensitive monotube shocks / dampers
  • 4.7 final drive ratio
  • High-clearance fender flares
  • WHATS MISSING!!!!
WITH THE INTENT OF RECREATING THIS, AS CHEAP AS POSSIBLE, WITH AFTERMARKET PARTS:
QUESTIONS / COMMENTS

• 35-inch tires - Easy to source
  • 17-inch Beadlock Capable wheels - Buy your own from Steelies to Carbon fiber and everything in between
  • Front and rear locking differentials - Is this a stand-alone option? Independent of packages?

• HOSS suspension - WHAT IS THIS! ???!!
  • High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension - WHATS IN THAT ??!!

• Bilstein position-sensitive monotube shocks / dampers - Has anyone priced these units? Made specifically for the Bronco application?? Part number?
  • 4.7 final drive ratio - Pretty sure stand alone option.
  • High-clearance fender flares - Dont want.
LET THE PRICING EXERCISE BEGIN!!!
Sponsored

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I donā€™t need to ā€œmap it outā€. Add up all the parts with labor you need to upgrade and itā€™s more than the cost of the the Sasquatch package.
Wow !
Then you must know specifically what parts are included in the : High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension
Exactly what Bilstein position-sensitive monotube shocks / dampers there are....

please share!

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tires- $1250
Rims-$1200 (low)
Lift- $400(probably low)
Front and rear lockers $3000 off a wreck maybe $1800
Shocks- $600 (just a guess)

Labor and fasteners and all the crap you find out you need after you start. $$$$$$

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• HOSS suspension - WHAT IS THIS! ???!!
  • High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension - WHATS IN THAT ??!!

Can't find a still pic of it but @ 7:22 It is explained. It is highlighted in white. The way I take it, the HOSS suspension is IFS front and 5 LINK Live Axle rear with 4 Coil Overs.

High performance

Off road

Stability

Suspension........... = H.O.S.S.

If you watch this go through the whoops at speed You will get the idea main word being Stability

Just my 2 cents, take for what it's worth.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another way to position the question:
** If you want to buy your own wheels and tires....

? What would you need to buy to get the SQ Suspension equivalent ?

1) High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension

2) Bilstein position-sensitive monotube shocks / dampers

What, How, how much

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Regearing to 4.7 will be $2500 Easy.
$1000 to add lockers.
OEM quality lift kit installed $2000.
Wheels, tires, mounts, Speedo calibration, $3500.

Iā€™m at $9k, and I still have the smaller axles that are easier to break.....Iā€™m not sure on the cost for larger axles.

I know these Prices becauseIā€™ve lifted several Jeeps in my day. ?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tires- $1250
Rims-$1200 (low)
Lift- $400(probably low)
Front and rear lockers $3000 off a wreck maybe $1800
Shocks- $600 (just a guess)

Labor and fasteners and all the crap you find out you need after you start. $$$$$$
IFS lift kits run 1500 and up.

shocks maybe, but the Bronco does not have shocks it has coil overs and they can run 1200 each depending on what you buy.

And just a side note here, I am sure if you plan on putting lockers in your Bronco be prepared as you will have to buy new gears as well they are welded to the diff like the Ranger is now.

My info comes from selling this stuff every day.

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow !
Then you must know specifically what parts are included in the : High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension
Exactly what Bilstein position-sensitive monotube shocks / dampers there are....

please share!
Search is your friend:
The HOSS (High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension) System seems very interesting, time to deep dive. Lets discuss how it works, do I need to upgrade to the Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers for my Bronco, what does it do for articulation and how does it compare to the competition?

Standard on: Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond andOuter Banks
Standard with Added Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers on: Badlands, Wildtrak and First Edition

CHASSIS (from Ford Prelim Spec pdf)
Front: Independent H.O.S.S. (High-Performance, Off-Road, Stability, Suspension) System with twin alloy A-arms
and coil-over springs for optimum off-road stability and control with available H.O.S.S. System with BilsteinĀ® Position Sensitive Dampers.

Rear: Solid five-link rear axle H.O.S.S. (High-Performance, Off-Road, Stability, Suspension) System with coil-over springs for optimum off-road capability and durability with available H.O.S.S. System with Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers.
The Broncoā€™s suspension is definitely up to the task of taking on the Wrangler. Like the Ranger on which it is based, the Bronco has an independent front suspension. But unlike the Ranger, it has a five-link, coil-sprung solid rear axle ā€” a Dana 44 Advantek unit. Available upgrades include long-travel, position-sensitive Bilstein off-road shock absorbers with end-stop control valves, Spicer front and rear electronic locking differentials, and a semi-active hydraulic stabilizer bar that the Bronco can electronically disconnect and reconnect during articulation, not just on stable, level terrain in calm conditions. Ford is calling its suspension the HOSS system ā€” for High Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension System. It provides 17% more travel than the best a Wrangler can deliver, with a claimed 10 inches of front articulation and even more in the rear.
https://www.cars.com/articles/2021-...d-4-door-jeep-has-some-homework-to-do-423739/
FordBronco_parts_08.jpg: Closeup of the 2021 Bronco independent front suspension featuring forged aluminum alloy lower A-arm.
fordbronco_parts_08-copy-jpg.jpg

FordBronco_parts_09.jpg: Closeup of the 2021 Bronco independent front suspension featuring two forged aluminum alloy A-arms and available Bilstein long-travel position-sensitive dampers with end-stop control valves.
fordbronco_parts_09-copy-jpg.jpg

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why would you spend the money on standard parts that come with your Bronco just to spend more money on aftermarket parts?

Just buy the upgrades at a discount from the factory, and it's all there on day 1
Sponsored