Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm reading through the owner's manual again prior to my Bronco showing up in the next week or two.

On page 278 under "Roof Rack Load Capacities" it lists the maximum recommended load for three situations: When in motion, When stationary, and Vehicles with 315/70R17 Tires. The maximum recommended loads are 110 lb, 450 lb, and 0 lb.

The Sasquatch is listed at zero! How did I manage to even order a Sasquatch with a roof rack?

Do any of you know why it would recommend not carrying anything on a Sasquatch?

I'm not planning to carry much, but maybe a couple of kayaks, or a paddle board, or a small inflated rubber raft. None would be carried long distances.

I expect this to be one Ford recommendation that I will ignore.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well this is hilarious. I'm the same, the only benefit of a 2022 was be able to add a roof rack.

If you haven't seen it, there's another thread about how Ford may have snuck in a rear sway bar to help handle the new roof rack options.

yippeekiyay

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-dr Badsquatch, 1998 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm reading through the owner's manual again prior to my Bronco showing up in the next week or two.

On page 278 under "Roof Rack Load Capacities" it lists the maximum recommended load for three situations: When in motion, When stationary, and Vehicles with 315/70R17 Tires. The maximum recommended loads are 110 lb, 450 lb, and 0 lb.

The Sasquatch is listed at zero! How did I manage to even order a Sasquatch with a roof rack?

Do any of you know why it would recommend not carrying anything on a Sasquatch?

I'm not planning to carry much, but maybe a couple of kayaks, or a paddle board, or a small inflated rubber raft. None would be carried long distances.

I expect this to be one Ford recommendation that I will ignore.
Also wondering this for mine, was planning a rtt and wondering, maybe a typo?
Sponsored