Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Interesting. How is it better for you ?
Eats up bumps way better than the stock suspension. Stock suspension was fine, but the SAS is way less bouncy. Couldn’t believe the difference, my son even noticed and commented on it. The 4A is another benefit that’s included in the SAS and not an additional cost like other trims.
Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Eats up bumps way better than the stock suspension. Stock suspension was fine, but the SAS is way less bouncy. Couldn’t believe the difference, my son even noticed and commented on it. The 4A is another benefit that’s included in the SAS and not an additional cost like other trims.

Thanks, makes sense. How is road noise with the more aggressive tire ?

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Base gearing is 4.46 (unless one picks the automatic transmission)
On the Badlands the 4.7 is stock (at least with the 7 speed). I think the Badlands has many of the features already included you get only when you move to SAS on some of the other platforms. I'd swear I've heard that quoted a few times on some other sites.

Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
On the Badlands the 4.7 is stock (at least with the 7 speed). I think the Badlands has many of the features already included you get only when you move to SAS on some of the other platforms. I'd swear I've heard that quoted a few times on some other sites.
Yes, the Badlands is the only trim I’m not sure the SAS is necessary because it’s already the same suspension. Just if you want the different wheels and tires mainly it seems.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I expected way worse, it’s totally fine and I think even quieter than the Grabbers standard on the BD.

Glad to hear it's working for you. Another satisfied Bronco owner !!

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, the Badlands is the only trim I’m not sure the SAS is necessary because it’s already the same suspension. Just if you want the different wheels and tires mainly it seems.

It's really nice 'cause if I wanna go DIY SAS, I think all the guts are in place. And based on your ride review, it's gonna be your fault now if I do.. ;)

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Base gearing is 4.46 (unless one picks the automatic transmission)
Correct I guess thats a question for the OP. With a manual 4.46 you’d have no issues running 35’s and if they aren’t hard core off roading 35’s will fit right in with crash bars removed. For me as a daily I wouldn’t consider a manual any more. My commute is stop and go nothing over 40 mph not worth the hassle of a manual. If it wasn’t a daily driver my view would May be different.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s my built and this is 100% on point. The ride of a SAS is simply way better than a non-SAS. I didn’t think it would be as big of a difference as it is but it’s SAS all the way for me.
On the highway, I would seriously doubt that, the OBX probably has the best road manners.

I say that having had a stock OBX that is now running the yellow Bilsteins and appropriate springs.

Off-road, yes, the yellow Bilsteins and matching shocks are the better choice.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So to the original question, the value of the Sasquatch package.

Excluding the Badlands (or package which comes with the sasquatch package standard). The Bronco's capabilities on non-sasquatch Broncos is reduced depending on the trim and configuration. Upgrading the differential(s), transfer case, suspension, wheels, and tires via the sasquatch package is anywhere from a good value to a great deal, as long as you want the whole package.

In the Badlands - it isn't a good or great value, UNLESS you want the Sasquatch rims and tires.

Personally, I didn't want to run 35's, 4.7's, and I didn't like the rims or tires with the Sasquatch package. I wanted lockers, but I also wanted carpet, a cloth interior, and adaptive cruise control. I was somewhat screwed and had to decide on what compromise I would accept.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch seems like alot$ IMG-860723beae5a722673cca1088b9465a3-V

In the end, I ended up ordering the OBX with the rear locker, advanced 4x4 transfer case, and lux package. The 4.27 locker is plenty to run 33.5" tires even when running around Colorado (above 7,000'). I didn't get the sway bar disconnect or the front locker. I was initially bummed that I couldn't get everything that I wanted, but in the end, I was happy with what I ended up with.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch seems like alot$ IMG_20221006_185615

The advanced 4x4 transfer and rear locker only added $1500 to the price. The 4.27 will run a wide range of wheel/tire combinations with ease. I addressed the suspension "short comings" by installing the Badlands shocks and springs. I have wheels and tires that look amazing on the Bronco (plus an extra set of wheels/tires for highway/economy use - 23 mpg at 70+ mph). It has been brilliant for the 41,000 miles that I have put on it so far.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch seems like alot$ IMG_20221009_115443

Pikes Peak 14,000+ elevation.

I don't regret that I went non-sasquatch, but I also realize that I sacrificed some capabilities and some resale value making the choices that I did.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
It's really nice 'cause if I wanna go DIY SAS, I think all the guts are in place. And based on your ride review, it's gonna be your fault now if I do.. ;)
I’ll own it! You are good to go with a Badlands for sure. If I would have stuck with a non SAS I would have done the Ford lift kit if it ever gets released. Supposed to rival the SAS.
Sponsored