Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Figured out what works best for me.
Big Bend 2.3 auto with locking/rear and gear change. MIC hard top, aux switches and door keypad.$43,200.

Base 2.3 auto with Sasquatch, aux switches and door keypad, MIC hard top comes in at $44,800. Big Bend is just what I need. Would spring for base/sas if it cut time. Now if I could only order it.
This is a perfect example of why the Base Sasquatch seems to be a no-brainer for anyone going with 35's and not wanting the mid package.
A set of take-off BBs sell for about $700, while take off Sas's go for $1900. That brings the difference in price between the two to roughly $400.
Better gearing, front lockers, beefier axles, advantaged 4wd, better shocks, lift, proper flares, and factory warranty for $400...... while losing tint, steering wheel wrap, and a useless grab handle.

And the guy with the BB still has to lift and align.

Big Bend, with an auto and standard package has never made sense, probably the worst value out, along with Wildtrak before Hoss 3.0
Sponsored

Last edited:

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting. I had the opposite experience. Our guide, Pete, would put us in situations where we would get stuck and then have us flip on rear locker to demonstrate the mechanics of it and how it gets you out. Then there were a couple spots where front lockers helped as well.

I actually am re-ordering with Sasquatch on my BD now after going to Moab. I was planning on swapping out wheels & tires which would have run $2400 plus labor. Sas is $4495 so for me the calculus is $2100 to just have everything ready to go from the factory with front locker, lift, gears, speedometer, etc all already done. Plus don't have to hassle with swapping things later.

Brettlil17

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For myself, the sas package didn’t seem worth the value. I’ve ordered an obx with advanced 4x4 and rear locker. It’s about 4900 to the sas to my configuration. Wheels, front locker and upgraded suspension is all extra that would come with it. My wife will be driving it mostly and I don’t think she needs a front locker to get to the local grocery store. We already have some aftermarket wheels and tires for it. If we wanted an off-road rig to really do wheeling, it would make since but I’m not a huge fan of beating up a 50k+ rig.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we wanted an off-road rig to really do wheeling, it would make since but I’m not a huge fan of beating up a 50k+ rig.
the old saw was that driving the vehicle off the dealer lot after the sale instantly dropped it's value by half :). slightly less to worry about!

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As most have said here - the BASE SAS is a screaming deal coming from the factory. IF YOU OFF_ROAD. But....seeing as you will only be going to the beach and boat ramp, then likely no need for lockers, etc......

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I paid a few thousands to get limited slip differentials in my Jeep, lift it a bit, get the diffs trussed, plus new wheels and tires.
I don't want to mess with the Bronco and it's IFS and thought the SAS package was a well worth upgrade.
I haven't gotten my money worth out of the mods in my Jeep and don't plan to offroad the Bronco, but I think it will hold some resale value with the SAS package in it.

The best part is that the SAS package is an option and it's your choice to get it or not.

71mach429

Outer Banks
First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Taurus SHO, 1971 429 drag pack mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Doesn’t seem worth the money. What would one expect to pay for the minor suspension lift? Wheels and tires are easy enough to find. Final drive ratio option is available. Don’t care about locking dif. Or am I better off just adding Sasquatch on a Base. If and when I can order one.
My opinion
Doesn’t seem worth the money. What would one expect to pay for the minor suspension lift? Wheels and tires are easy enough to find. Final drive ratio option is available. Don’t care about locking dif. Or am I better off just adding Sasquatch on a Base. If and when I can order one.
My opinion with the factory lift/sasquatch package, any warranty issues will be covered by Ford where you may run into problems getting aftermarket lifts or installation problems covered but your right it ain't cheap

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean anyone who off-roads understands the value of the SAS package and how much of a steal it actually is.

That being said, if you're not gonna wheel it then you may as well just get a spacer lift, throw on some fancy 20s (because the SAS 17s won't be cool enough) and some 35 r20s that look like they could go off road, and be done with it. You'll get the look you want and not pay for stuff you don't care about. I really don't think you'll hurt resale either way, 90% of Broncos (and Jeeps) never see dirt. There are plenty of other ppl out there that will buy a pavement princess.

Note: Not really gatekeeping here. I understand people buy stuff just because they think it looks cool. 1000% do what makes you happy. It makes me happy to make fun of those kind of people a tiny little bit, so ya, you do you and I'll do me.

ohp138

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you're going to go off-road at all - get the package. It's my biggest regret.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like to offroad and don't think it is worth getting SAS. You will want a lift and will be modifying the suspension. Sas shocks are great but have purpose valving and not ideal for anything more than 1.5 spacer lift. Goodyear Wrangler MT are a large 33" tire and you will buy bigger tires. Gearing 4.46 vs 4.71 is a mute point and I don't think either is enough gear for 37" tires. The front end is the part that I don't know, people are already moving up to aftermarket cv axles. I want more gearing than 4.46 and dana axles has a solution with a locker for reasonable money. SAS is nice but its not a must have, look at all the SAS take off parts for sale...

Aftermarket full skid plates are the best offroad modification you can do. Better than lockers, tires or lift.

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're going to go off-road at all - get the package. It's my biggest regret.

Ohh....... I got a package...... wait wrong forum....

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I didn't have SAS I would have never got stuck fording a river yesterday,.. because I never would have tried it. :unsure:
BRONCO SAS..... Here, hold my beer ?