John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No one needs the Sasquatch. But you want it! You want it bad! You must have it! Therefore, you arguably do need it.
That’s me to a T!!! Do I Need lockers? Phuk no, but B.C. on my ‘89 Ranger SuperCab 2.9L Manual I had a 3” body lift, 1.5” coils and Bushwackers to fit 33’s and though it had 3.73 Limited Slip, I dreamed of 4:56 rears and ARB lockers for buzzin around the Canal and on the Beach… I have not the resources nor the support(of the Mrs) to modify my Bronco therefore the ‘Nice to Have’ 4dr BaseSquatch was my only option from the start, but I wanted 7sp Manual as well so had to go with Auto as a concession. Now the 4dr HeritageSquatch has Manual and the Ranger like square fenders are the Jawn!!! It’s a huge stretch for me but is the ‘Must Have’ for my pre-retirement years… It’s all or nothing for me at this point …d;oD
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a non-Sasquatch with Sasquatch wheels I bought locally for $1,100. Tires and leveling kit with installation was about $2650. I sold my OBX wheels and tires for $750 so about $3,000 to get the Sasquatch “look”.
6EA96D95-4158-4A7E-B646-5A7FF5C9AF54.jpeg

IMO, the Sasquatch price is worth it even though the base Bronco is capable enough for the off roading I will do. I got impatient last December and wanted my Bronco sooner and dropped Sasquatch and the MIC top for my second order from the same dealer and without those constraints it arrived 123 days after I placed the order.

My original 7.20.20 reservation is finally scheduled for 11/14 and it has the Sasquatch and MIC top. My adult daughter will buy my current Bronco when the new one arrives so we will be a 2 Bronco family.
I agree, I ended up buying the badlands, which is outfitted with all requirements for SAS (minus 2 inch lift and tires/rims) but I didn't buy the SAS package. I figured since I would mostly use it as a normal driver the stock 33's (285/70/17) would suffice. I did hear that the stock rims for the badlands would hold 305 and maybe even 315 same as SAS size.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Doesn't matter what the manufacturing costs are. You aren't going to buy 5 wheels and 5 35 inch tires for much less than the $2500 and that doesn't also factor in gearing and the other extras of Sasquatch backed by a warranty. This applies to Badlands with V6 and auto. For other trims it might not be worth it but in my particular case it was 100% no brainer.
Exactly, THAT's the true value of SAS, not buying a new car and paying twice for tires and wheels, or for twice the suspension, twice the gearing. It's everything.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Figured out what works best for me.
Big Bend 2.3 auto with locking/rear and gear change. MIC hard top, aux switches and door keypad.$43,200.

Base 2.3 auto with Sasquatch, aux switches and door keypad, MIC hard top comes in at $44,800. Big Bend is just what I need. Would spring for base/sas if it cut time. Now if I could only order it.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a Base Sasquatch. I love it and feel it's great value........although I really do not like the full time 4 X 4 and front driveshaft spinning all the time. Already on my second driveshaft after only 1800 miles.

If I had to do it over again I would get the part time 4WD system and stay as far away as possible from the full time system. This means non Sas.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lots of comments here that mention things like “forever vehicle” and “warranty.” Those two things only overlap for ~3 years. I have every intention my bronco base non-sas (my profile isn’t up to date) a “forever vehicle.” I’m also interested in seeing what it will do 100% base/stock and building from there. Call me old fashioned but understanding a vehicle’s limitations and building from there is more interesting than having something fall in your lap and never quite know if you’re bumping up against the limitations.

Other than the 33’s I already have sitting in the garage, I won’t be doing a lot of upgrading during the period of the covered by the factory warranty. Once the warranty and monthly payments are gone, I’ll put that money toward upgrades/repairs.

Also, I think this forum has some hard core off-roaders (who should absolutely get a Sasquatch out of the gates) whose advice is upselling people who are ultimately going to max out at “camp trails” in their adventures.

I assume the OP has seen broncos in person. But photos and discussion on this forum make it seem like the bronco looks top-heavy and is less-than-capable without 35s. That’s simply not true.
Spot on. If OP had an unlimited budget then sure, why not. But otherwise it seems like he’s happy with a wheel tire upgrade.

I also experienced the “Bronco Distortion” from this forum before I had the chance to test drive in person. Spending enough time here makes you think a non-sas bronco is no more capable than a Chevy Blazer. Truth is OP will have just as much fun without upgraded axles 😂

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have a Base Sasquatch. I love it and feel it's great value........although I really do not like the full time 4 X 4 and front driveshaft spinning all the time. Already on my second driveshaft after only 1800 miles.

If I had to do it over again I would get the part time 4WD system and stay as far away as possible from the full time system. This means non Sas.
Why don’t you leave it in 2H until you need 4wd?

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was a head scratcher for me as well...
Ya' just never know when yer gonna a hit a rock strewn gully, mud bog or sudden sand trap out on the freeway of life....

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Figured out what works best for me.
Big Bend 2.3 auto with locking/rear and gear change. MIC hard top, aux switches and door keypad.$43,200.

Base 2.3 auto with Sasquatch, aux switches and door keypad, MIC hard top comes in at $44,800. Big Bend is just what I need. Would spring for base/sas if it cut time. Now if I could only order it.
Sticker on my Base Sasquatch was $38,310. Other than the switches, you haven't listed anything that I don't have on mine. Surely they haven't gone up by $6500 since I bought mine at the first of this year. Or is that the "tax" for having back doors?

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sticker on my Base Sasquatch was $38,310. Other than the switches, you haven't listed anything that I don't have on mine. Surely they haven't gone up by $6500 since I bought mine at the first of this year. Or is that the "tax" for having back doors?
Prices on the 2023 build site/with delivery

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Besides wheels and tires, doing after market modifications of any kind will hurt you on resale - so as a value proposition you might consider that what you save upfront will be lost on the back end.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why don’t you leave it in 2H until you need 4wd?
Of course I do. The front differential and driveshaft still spin though- all of the time- even in 2WD. In 2WD, the drive system only disconnects at the transfer case on the systems with GOAT and leaves everything else engaged. The other part time system completely disconnects the front driveshaft and differential so it does not spin all of the time. When I reserved my Bronco almost 2 years ago there was not that much detail about the 4WD systems and that the GOAT system lets the front differential and drive shaft spin all of the time. I would have gone non Sas/non GOAT if I knew this. I don't need the GOAT but wanted SAS for the larger tires and locking differentials. The less complicated and less spinning of the front end when in 2WD, the better.
Sponsored