First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So to the original question, the value of the Sasquatch package.

Excluding the Badlands (or package which comes with the sasquatch package standard). The Bronco's capabilities on non-sasquatch Broncos is reduced depending on the trim and configuration. Upgrading the differential(s), transfer case, suspension, wheels, and tires via the sasquatch package is anywhere from a good value to a great deal, as long as you want the whole package.

In the Badlands - it isn't a good or great value, UNLESS you want the Sasquatch rims and tires.

Personally, I didn't want to run 35's, 4.7's, and I didn't like the rims or tires with the Sasquatch package. I wanted lockers, but I also wanted carpet, a cloth interior, and adaptive cruise control. I was somewhat screwed and had to decide on what compromise I would accept.

IMG-860723beae5a722673cca1088b9465a3-V.jpg

In the end, I ended up ordering the OBX with the rear locker, advanced 4x4 transfer case, and lux package. The 4.27 locker is plenty to run 33.5" tires even when running around Colorado (above 7,000'). I didn't get the sway bar disconnect or the front locker. I was initially bummed that I couldn't get everything that I wanted, but in the end, I was happy with what I ended up with.

IMG_20221006_185615.jpg

The advanced 4x4 transfer and rear locker only added $1500 to the price. The 4.27 will run a wide range of wheel/tire combinations with ease. I addressed the suspension "short comings" by installing the Badlands shocks and springs. I have wheels and tires that look amazing on the Bronco (plus an extra set of wheels/tires for highway/economy use - 23 mpg at 70+ mph). It has been brilliant for the 41,000 miles that I have put on it so far.

IMG_20221009_115443.jpg

Pikes Peak 14,000+ elevation.

I don't regret that I went non-sasquatch, but I also realize that I sacrificed some capabilities and some resale value making the choices that I did.

Tell me more about what's on your front bumper there.

I also have the factory plastic bumper coming (because I wanted the fog lights and wiring all done from factory). What have you done with yours?
Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like to offroad and don't think it is worth getting SAS. You will want a lift and will be modifying the suspension. Sas shocks are great but have purpose valving and not ideal for anything more than 1.5 spacer lift. Goodyear Wrangler MT are a large 33" tire and you will buy bigger tires. Gearing 4.46 vs 4.71 is a mute point and I don't think either is enough gear for 37" tires. The front end is the part that I don't know, people are already moving up to aftermarket cv axles. I want more gearing than 4.46 and dana axles has a solution with a locker for reasonable money. SAS is nice but its not a must have, look at all the SAS take off parts for sale...

Aftermarket full skid plates are the best offroad modification you can do. Better than lockers, tires or lift.
The tires are really the only throw away item on the SAS package.

Factory electric lockers, good luck buying e-lockers and having installed, you're likely gonna spend more than the package costs.

Ya, I wish they did a 5.13 to better fit 37s but I understand why they didn't.

And full skid plates over lockers, no way. Having full skids won't help if you can get up the obstacle.

sjudas

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Depends. I personally have zero experience in lifting/pricing components, but if I were to buy knowing the end game wasn't to keep until I die, it would depend on budget/resale value. There's reputable shops out there, just a relative hassle finding one. Then, you pay for parts AND labor instead of getting everything done from factory. I assume the lift and tires/wheels align with the goal of larger tires. The hassle of getting a speedometer corrected, the option of the different gearing with sas for slightly heavier tires...

What you get for the cost is impressive, from factory(engineered to work together), and cost effective (no additional labor), but I could see if you don't want 60% of the package, then don't get it. I'm a simple mechanic that is confident in replacing factory parts, and upgrading cosmetic components. I went with sas. No regurts.
I corrected the speedometer myself with FORscan. It is simple.

Sponsored

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not saying it's hard. Just having to aquire hardware, software, and spending time actually finding the right way to do it, doing it, and testing to make sure it's right...

It may be daunting for some not mechanically inclined/tech savvy. It may be easier to just get the sas and slap on your wheel and 35" tire combo. For me, it's a matter of time. I've had my forscan hardware for weeks now. Just haven't had time to go through the process of downloading to my wife's laptop. The wiring isn't long enough for my PC, though would be hilarious to see; bronco parked right next to a house window and the neighbors asking if it's an EV...

Last edited:

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
It also blows my mind that my BaseSquatch with the V6 option is mechanically identical to a Wildtrak for over $10k less

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It isn't anymore. WT has HOSS 3.0, upgraded steering rack, tie rods and suspension.
Very true. I was thinking of my brother and nephews, they have fully equipped Wildtraks, 2022 4 door, 2 door and a 2021 4 door and paid $77.5k, $73k and $85k respectively (in Puerto Rico)

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Very true. I was thinking of my brother and nephews, they have fully equipped Wildtraks, 2022 4 door, 2 door and a 2021 4 door and paid $77.5k, $73k and $85k respectively (in Puerto Rico)
At least someone is using some of the Broncos that were in those Puerto Rico photos of hundreds of them lined up in a storage lot.

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
At least someone is using some of the Broncos that were in those Puerto Rico photos of hundreds of them lined up in a storage lot.
Yes, but you just have to pay to play. The Bronco is nice, but I can't get myself to pay BMW X7 money for a vehicle with the bones of a $30k vehicle.
Ford Bronco Sasquatch seems like alot$ WhatsApp Image 2022-10-11 at 10.32.44 AM (1)

Ford Bronco Sasquatch seems like alot$ WhatsApp Image 2022-10-11 at 10.32.45 AM

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are correct. Just want the look. I drive 400 miles a month. Beach and boat ramp use.
Base model + Sasquatch for 2 door is + $6,590, on 4 door it's + 4,995.

For just the looks I wouldn't do it but buy a set of take off wheels for around $1,000. If you choose base model 2 door with manual trans you get the better gear ratio and save $1,595.

The base 4 door for 2023 doesn't have option to choose manual transmission.

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn’t seem worth the money. What would one expect to pay for the minor suspension lift? Wheels and tires are easy enough to find. Final drive ratio option is available. Don’t care about locking dif. Or am I better off just adding Sasquatch on a Base. If and when I can order one.
It depends on a few things, what you are using it for and what trim level you have. If you don't need/want a serious off-roader, than yes, it's a super expensive package and likely not worth the money. I mean you mentioned not caring about locking diffs or a gear ratio. If you are going to do major modifications anyway, it may be better to save the money towards those. But if you want a good/serious off-roader, you'll need lockers and better gearing helps as well. You could get a Base with a SASQ, but still no rock rails, wash-out floors, MGV seats and Sway Bar DC. But on a base, big bend or OBX, it's likely worth the money if you go off road. Once you get to a black diamond or badlands, the decision starts to get fuzzy. BD already has a rear locker and some more aggressive options that the others don't, so your increase in equipment has diminished, but so has the price. When I got the Badlands, I think it came with all it needed other than basically tires and a difference of .43" in suspension, certainly not worth the $4000 bump to me in a 7-speed. I already had both lockers, the 4.7 gear and features not found on a SASQ. Also, some have mentioned it being about $2500 different from a Badlands, but they got an auto and/or 6-cyl. I choose the manual for several reasons, one was for huge advantages over the auto, both in ratio in the trans and I already had the 4.7, which you don't get in a Badlands with an auto, unless you choose the SASQ. A manual Badlands non-SASQ(also SASQ) manual) gets you 94.75, a SASQ auto get you 67.80 and a Badlands non-SASQ with auto only gets you to 64.33 max crawl ratio. Again, if you don't do such things, it's likely not worth the money. I hope this helps.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, but you just have to pay to play. The Bronco is nice, but I can't get myself to pay BMW X7 money for a vehicle with the bones of a $30k vehicle.
I had to look up what a x7 even was, it looks like very similar to 95% of crossovers on the road here. Can't believe they could sell something that look like that for over $40k. What's a 10 year old beamer crossover going for these days? $7000(?)
Sponsored