First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So obviously the Sasquatch wheels and tires look cool, like really cool. But how will they handle the cold?

Here in Minnesota it's frozen a good 7 months out of the year, and we get a lot of ice and snow. Some of drivers here seem to think AWD makes them invincible on the road, but I see a lot of AWD crossovers in the ditch - nothing is a substitute for a good set of snow tires. But I've never heard of 35" snow tires - does such a thing exist?

I'm wondering if it's more sensible to stay at the lower wheel sizes, where it's more possible to find snow tires. Am I overthinking this? Or will the MT tires be able to handle snow okay?
Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't have an answer here, but I AM curious about putting chains on the Sasquatch package and if it's possible. I'm trying to be in the mountains and changing tires sounds awful, so chains is more normal here in Northern California.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In western Canada we live in igloos most of the year lol,but I run 35/1250r18 general grabber AT2 with studs in winter on my S/D they work good but noisy as heck on pavement

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So obviously the Sasquatch wheels and tires look cool, like really cool. But how will they handle the cold?

Here in Minnesota it's frozen a good 7 months out of the year, and we get a lot of ice and snow. Some of drivers here seem to think AWD makes them invincible on the road, but I see a lot of AWD crossovers in the ditch - nothing is a substitute for a good set of snow tires. But I've never heard of 35" snow tires - does such a thing exist?

I'm wondering if it's more sensible to stay at the lower wheel sizes, where it's more possible to find snow tires. Am I overthinking this? Or will the MT tires be able to handle snow okay?
Check out Nokian. They make a tire for that but I’m sure they won’t be cheap.

Sponsored

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve run 33 duratrac in snow and they were great. Only thing I liked about them. My wife’s truck runs 35.25 x 13 nitto g2 and they do great also. I’ve run 32 bfg all terrain they were great in snow also

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Goodyear Territory is supposed to carry the "mountain/snowflake" rating for "extreme snow" so it is in the same category with BFG AT/KOs, Grabber ATX, etc. Should be an OK winter/snow tire. Not as good as real snow tires, but one you can leave on in the summer too.

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've found a quality All Terrain and 4 wheel drive is usually good enough. A 2 wheel drive or low clearance AWD vehicle benefits significantly from true snow tires, but I run K02's all year-round in the Rocky Mountains without any issues.
Of course it goes without saying that you still have to be smart about it and allow more time for braking, etc.... Drive the conditions and A/T tires are fine.
I have never run M/T, so I can't comment on what the Sasquatch package tires will do, but I suspect they will be slightly worse on snow covered pavement than an A/T tire.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm sure plenty of people will say I'm nuts on this, but I used to run 35" BFG Mud Terrains on my FSB's and never had an issue with them in the snow. That's back when NJ used to actually get snow. I think some of it also depends on how you drive. Larger tire will make you sit higher and less snow being dragged underneath, and of course All Terrain tire should handle better than M/T.

Dooms

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Northern Ontario here, my 33in MT on my old Jeep TJ held up really well in snow packed and ice covered conditions. Mostly all I had to do was pop it in 4Hi to get going quickly at stop signs. Drifting was fun ?

Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm a big proponent of dedicated winter tires for winter driving.

Even if I got a Sasquatch Bronco, I'd probably go down to a 33" tire for a winter setup, to get better availability / affordability of winter tires.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've never run into any issues running BFG KO2s in the Colorado Rockies on my f-150, and my plan after wearing out the factory mud terrains is to replace with some KO2s

Ymmv

Coldsteele

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2007 suburban, 2008 suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

To be honest, it really depends on your experience. I live in interior Alaska and haven't had tires smaller than 35" since I was a teenager. As long as you drive with care, you'll be fine. The bigger tread will do well in deep snow, but wont do as well on packed snow and ice. But when you're looking at driving on ice, nothing is going to do as well as studs... And even with studs, there is no substitute for experience and skill. I personally will be going with a set of 37" Toyo M/Ts immediately after picking up my bronco.

OP
OP

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond