Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Came across this, first one I've seen someone actually take this up on the ramp and measure the articulation.

Summary of RTI figures by @Spooled

522 with the sta-bar connected
648 disconnected
Compared to others he has tested
KDSS Equipped 4Runner: 555
KDSS equipped Land Cruiser: 661
Ford quotes the standard 2-Door Badlands as having an RTI score of 700.

I did the Vegas Off Rodeo in a Big Bend Sas (no stabar disconnect). Every other Bronco has a stabar disconnect and I got through the whole day without getting stuck. I am not saying it doesn't have value, but it isn't a deal breaker without it.

Just my 2 cents.

20210915_132113.jpg
Sponsored

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It doesn’t matter what we do, we will NEVER have the front wheel travel or a solid axle with IFS. It’s physically impossible. Even a non was badlands front wheel travel doesn’t compare to any keep with the swaybar disconnected. But it will handle better and ride better. IFS is a compromise.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you went to Off-rodeo you’d know it’s not a parlor trick. It’s really impressive unlocking it on three wheels on a trail in the real world.
To be polite. In the real world, you would want to be disconnected before you get on three wheels. The point of the disconnect is to keep all wheels as close to the ground as possible. So hit that button when you hit the trail.

Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be polite. In the real world, you would want to be disconnected before you get on three wheels. The point of the disconnect is to keep all wheels as close to the ground as possible. So hit that button when you hit the trail.
Certainly, sir. My point was those that have wheeled one know it’s no marketing scam.

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hummm find a way to go drive one before you get yours or you will be disappointed
Have you experienced any poor visibility personally?

Bronco only problem seeing is when your on a huge hill climb them you have to use the front camera to see.
Any problems with outward visibility out the rear or sides?

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you experienced any poor visibility personally?
I have road tested one, yes. But like i said in another post, i am used to it, i have a FJ Cruiser that i off road with, the Bronco has similar viewing angles. You get used to it, and no you don't need a front camera to see in front of you...That's what a spotter is there for, since one of the first rules of off-roading is, to never trail alone.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not my data but only thing for a 2dr wrangler I could find was a sport with the stabilizer removed. The JK unlimited was a score of 687 but the new JL unlimited went to 693. In the JK 2dr was 820 want to see what he gets when he tests the 2dr JL. He confirmed in the comments it is going to happen. I tested mine and got 718 I think it was on a 23 degree ramp I can say that was not a very good environment to test on. It was lumpy tall grass with a tippy ramp.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch Suspension Flex Test: 2 Door Bronco (RTI – Ramp Travel Index) 1634161732154

Ricks73eb

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 bronco, 77f100, 90 mustang, 05 f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The same guys bitching they need the most flex possible are the same guys that but 22 inch rims and "offroad" tires on to mallcrawl if your actually super serious about trashing rocks you build a machine not buy one..
The bronco has never been only about one thing its been about doing everything.
And if you are buying a new bronco as your purpose built offroad truck then your probably not on this forum your flying in your private jet to moab for the weekend.

Reactions: JPG

Sponsored

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The same guys bitching they need the most flex possible are the same guys that but 22 inch rims and "offroad" tires on to mallcrawl if your actually super serious about trashing rocks you build a machine not buy one..
The bronco has never been only about one thing its been about doing everything.
And if you are buying a new bronco as your purpose built offroad truck then your probably not on this forum your flying in your private jet to moab for the weekend.
Lol, so true. The rig I started with and still hold dear to my heart was a Zuk. They were really good trails rigs. You could get them for around 2K at that time and the lift was mostly pulled off parts and trailer axle perches. Weld on axle perch on top of the axle and do an axle under setup. Put the rear springs up front and CJ springs in the rear with longer shock. I would just find used tires. You did not care what happened to the body and could push it and laugh if you laid it over. The list goes on and on as you said it is built. After a while the hood and maybe doors are the only thing not modified. It is really hard to do that starting with a 50+k rig not being a CEO or trust fund baby.

Ricks73eb

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 bronco, 77f100, 90 mustang, 05 f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Lol, so true. The rig I started with and still hold dear to my heart was a Zuk. They were really good trails rigs. You could get them for around 2K at that time and the lift was mostly pulled off parts and trailer axle perches. Weld on axle perch on top of the axle and do an axle under setup. Put the rear springs up front and CJ springs in the rear with longer shock. I would just find used tires. You did not care what happened to the body and could push it and laugh if you laid it over. The list goes on and on as you said it is built. After a while the hood and maybe doors are the only thing not modified. It is really hard to do that starting with a 50+k rig not being a CEO or trust fund baby.
One of my buddies had one back in the day mostly Toyota parts but that things was breastmode. I kick myself when I think of how many early broncos I trashed when I should of just been wheeling Yodas zuks or something else.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One of my buddies had one back in the day mostly Toyota parts but that things was breastmode. I kick myself when I think of how many early broncos I trashed when I should of just been wheeling Yodas zuks or something else.
Zuks are not cheap either anymore but no where near the price of an old Bronco. Man the old Yota look like raisins but just keep going.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Makes me smile when people compare the IFS Bronco to a Jeep with solid axles...You want a real comparaison, compare the flex of the Bronco beside FJ Cruiser, both IFS both about the same size.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So what I see with the Sta-Bar disconnect that I don't think gets much attention is the way the tires maintain a better contact patch with the ground. I know that airing down will help with that but many times when showing articulation I see the lower wheel on a Jeep riding on just the edge of the wheel whereas the Bronco has at least a third if not half of the width of the tire on the ground. The flex is cool and being out with my Father and BIL in their Jeeps I am usually the one taking pics of all that articulation but many times they are losing traction even if all 4 wheels are touching.
Great point that most overlook.
Sponsored