Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've done lots of research but without a Bronco in my hands to try out, but trying to plan for when it arrives, I am gathering as much info as I can and asking questions to those experiencing their Broncos. With that said, here is my scenario/questions:

I'm going from a 2010 4Runner Trail to a new Bronco and I only know my experience with the 4R. I started with stock suspension and it was average, so I upgraded to ToyTec Ultimate Boss Kit with full adjustable coilovers in front, rear gas shocks and LOVED it. Ride quality was improved significantly and the road conditions were taken almost effortlessly. That is my experience.

Ok now the question: I've ordered a BL Sasquatch and know I do want to level/lift to eliminate the rake and potentially fit 37s. My challenge/question is is the Sasquatch suspension as good as my ToyTec was, therefore only a perch lift is necessary and my offroad Overlanding ride quality will be similar or better than my 4Runner OR is Sasquatch suspension also "average" and should be replaced with full system of gas coils for my Overlanding requirement?

My dilemma is do I remove SAS, disassemble, install Perch on all 4 corners OR do I sell Sas, buy full system and install that. I prefer doing this once, but not opposed to living with Perch for a while until I have experienced it more and making a future decision. It really comes down to "what is the quality of the Sasquatch Suspension?"

P.s. This is NOT a rock crawling, jumping, extreme usage scenario

Thanks
Sponsored

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you level it, then load up a few hundred pounds of gear in the back for overlanding, your bronco is going to look like it has worms. I suggest loading it out fully before deciding on suspension changes. If your gear levels the Bronco out (which it should) then a level kit will result in a negative rake. gross.

That said, the stock HOSS 2.0 / Sasquatch suspension is pretty great. I installed full Falcon 3.3 adjustable shocks and TeraFlex control arms, springs, tie rod, drag link, etc on my rubicon and IMO the stock HOSS is just as good, if not better. I only wish it was adjustable.

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe some additional info is helpful. I plan to install a steel bumper and winch on front that will probably be 200+lb, a roof top tent and Gobi rack will live on top (maybe approaching 250lb w/o humans) and steel bumper on rear.

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 21 First Edition, level kit and 37" Ridge Grapplers. I really have been pleased with the SAS suspension. It has far exceeded what I was expecting. Initially I wanted Fox or King coilovers but after driving it for a few months like this, I might just leave it alone for a while and see what other companies come to the table with upgrades. Overlanding, dirt roading and street driving has been great with this setup.

I have a full Thuren suspension on my Megacab and the 2.5 Kings are nice but they are overkill for what I use it for. That's what i'm starting to think about the Bronco.

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe some additional info is helpful. I plan to install a steel bumper and winch on front that will probably be 200+lb, a roof top tent and Gobi rack will live on top (maybe approaching 250lb w/o humans) and steel bumper on rear.
any plans for extra fuel, water, a cooler, stuff to cook with, maybe some recovery gear and storage, etc? That all adds up quickly. you might offset it enough with the winch and steel bumper, but I'd still test it first. Your bronco, your way, no doubt. Just trying to help give some additional info so you make the right decision for what you want.

Also, FWIW, I've taken my jeeps all over the place and over all types of terrain for camping and exploration purposes (overlanding, if we have to use that term), rock crawling, etc. I've never run larger than a 35" tire and never regretted that. Granted, I don't try to scale the sides of cliffs but I can't think of any situation I've been in where 37" or larger tires would have really helped. get them if you want them, but that's a pretty big spend for basically no real-world benefit IMO.

Sponsored

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lots of folks think the SAS is just suspension and tires, but lets not forget it adds the 4.7 drive ratio for the front and rear axle.
Ford Bronco Sasquatch Suspension Quality for Use 1651096700476

Otherwise you could have the 4.46 if you don't select the 4.7 as an $1,595 optional extra.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you level it, then load up a few hundred pounds of gear in the back for overlanding, your bronco is going to look like it has worms. I suggest loading it out fully before deciding on suspension changes. If your gear levels the Bronco out (which it should) then a level kit will result in a negative rake. gross.

That said, the stock HOSS 2.0 / Sasquatch suspension is pretty great. I installed full Falcon 3.3 adjustable shocks and TeraFlex control arms, springs, tie rod, drag link, etc on my rubicon and IMO the stock HOSS is just as good, if not better. I only wish it was adjustable.
This. I love the hoss 2.0 but fully loaded with gear it’s bottoming too easy, and I also wish it was adjustable.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take possession, drive it for a while and then make all those decisions.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
This. I love the hoss 2.0 but fully loaded with gear it’s bottoming too easy, and I also wish it was adjustable.
It is adjustable, throw some new springs in it. it's not a coil over system, nor ori's so you have to change the springs if you change the weight.

Sponsored

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of folks think the SAS is just suspension and tires, but lets not forget it adds the 4.7 drive ratio for the front and rear axle.
Ford Bronco Sasquatch Suspension Quality for Use 1651096700476

Otherwise you could have the 4.46 if you don't select the 4.7 as an $1,595 optional extra.
Agreed, but with one slight change - going manual, you get the 4.7

Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 3.39.45 PM.png

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

any plans for extra fuel, water, a cooler, stuff to cook with, maybe some recovery gear and storage, etc? That all adds up quickly. you might offset it enough with the winch and steel bumper, but I'd still test it first. Your bronco, your way, no doubt. Just trying to help give some additional info so you make the right decision for what you want.

Also, FWIW, I've taken my jeeps all over the place and over all types of terrain for camping and exploration purposes (overlanding, if we have to use that term), rock crawling, etc. I've never run larger than a 35" tire and never regretted that. Granted, I don't try to scale the sides of cliffs but I can't think of any situation I've been in where 37" or larger tires would have really helped. get them if you want them, but that's a pretty big spend for basically no real-world benefit IMO.
This sounds/feels like good sound advice. So many are going 37s and it puts peer pressure on everyone, but usage is key and yes 35s would work just fine for my use and honestly look fine. If the SAS suspension is great for "empty" use but worked too hard for heavy use maybe my idea of upgrading to a full adjustable coil/gas system is "my" right answer. At the moment my favorite kit is FabTech Dirt Logic 2.5.

https://fabtechmotorsports.com/prod...overs-rear-dirt-logic-resi-coilovers-k2378dl/

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This sounds/feels like good sound advice. So many are going 37s and it puts peer pressure on everyone, but usage is key and yes 35s would work just fine for my use and honestly look fine. If the SAS suspension is great for "empty" use but worked too hard for heavy use maybe my idea of upgrading to a full adjustable coil/gas system is "my" right answer. At the moment my favorite kit is FabTech Dirt Logic 2.5.

https://fabtechmotorsports.com/prod...overs-rear-dirt-logic-resi-coilovers-k2378dl/
I think you’re on the right track. Personally I’m keeping my suspension stock for now (though I might do some collars if I can find the right non-leveling set) and will reassess once coilovers are more readily available. I am adding some Sumosprings to the back to handle the extra weight of gear and my camper a little better. They are really easy to install and uninstall based on how I’m using the bronco. When camping they will be installed. If just wheeling, probably not. We will see

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is adjustable, throw some new springs in it. it's not a coil over system, nor ori's so you have to change the springs if you change the weight.
Then it rides bad when not loaded for everyday use. Adjustable suspensions allow to tune back and forth the rebound and compression damping depending on load.
So that's what I meant by adjustable.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sas is legit. It's put off my plans for doing any type of lift because I'm not sure if anything else out there right now is this tuned for the Bronco.

It goes from rock crawling one day to bombing down sand washes the next with a stop over at the mall to do some mad curb flexing all without breaking a sweat.
Sponsored