Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

By way of comparison the GoodYear Duratrac in the same 315/70R17 size weigh 61 lbs. and are D rated. They are a great tire, but are not known to have the best sidewall durability.
I ran Duratracs 315/70r17 on my Jeep Rubicon and loved those tires. Took them to Colorado, Moab and also ran the Rubicon Trail as well as being a Daily Driver and those tires had no issues on any of those trails, I did get a nick out of one sidewall In Moab but no puncture.

It appears to me the Goodyear MTs that come with the Sas Bronco are probably similar to the Duratracs but with a bit more road friendly tread pattern and load C as opposed to D.
Sponsored

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Heavier tires require more energy to rotate. So, gas mileage and engine load are impacted.
And wear and tear on steering components.

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So the Sasquatch tire is the new Goodyear Territory MT.
This tire is already available in 265/60/20 on Tire rack for a wight of 42 lbs in Load C range.
The popular BFG KO2 are only available in E load range for this size, at 57 lbs.

However, I could compare 2 KO2 of the same size (285/70/17) in both C and E range to see approximately how much E range adds in weight. The answer is 7lbs so we can safely assume a KO2 in 265/60/20 would be about 50 lbs.

What that all means is that a Goodyear Territory MT would be approximately 20% lighter than the exact same (size and load) KO2. Very good news if true.
Of course this relies on Tirerack spec accuracy. But I am sure the Territory will be soon available in 35" anyway because the TRX is out and uses those.
The TRX and the Bronco have different tire sizes.

TRX =325/65R18 = 34.6 x 12.6 with 8.3 sidewall

Bronco = 315/70R17 = 34.4 x 12.4 with 8..7 sidewall

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Bronco will have E rated tires and I'm not weighing them. ?‍♂

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

hi
Bad experience with BF K02 load range C after 2 years used on gravel road about
12 k the tire come soft on the sidewall at 40 PSI. and i blow the tire..... For me only load range E nevermind the rolling mass and gaz . when you blow a tire on a gravel road in the woods or trail it`s not fun at all . lighter tire is good on paved road only my opinion.....do`nt trust me try it and you remember me when you blow your tire...
If you plant to go on a mud bog you need super swamper. or gumbo monster mudder. but on regular off road a good load range E and you back home free of trouble.
TRACKTOY
But im going with the spare tire delete?
hi
Bad experience with BF K02 load range C after 2 years used on gravel road about
12 k the tire come soft on the sidewall at 40 PSI. and i blow the tire..... For me only load range E nevermind the rolling mass and gaz . when you blow a tire on a gravel road in the woods or trail it`s not fun at all . lighter tire is good on paved road only my opinion.....do`nt trust me try it and you remember me when you blow your tire...
If you plant to go on a mud bog you need super swamper. or gumbo monster mudder. but on regular off road a good load range E and you back home free of trouble.
TRACKTOY
Thats okay lots of interest in the spare tire delete.?
Sponsored