Sponsored

Sasquatch, to do or not to do? That is the question!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whenever you have questions like this, your first action should be to check Ford.com. Cause it's right there in big black lettering. Remember he said 4 door, not 2 door.
What exactly are you saying here?

It has already been cleared up that the 4 door will come with the manual standard.....
The early version of the web site was indeed a bit unclear about that, perhaps even confusing, but has since been changed.

Manual ....standard on the 4 door models except Outer Banks and any thing with a V6.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am planning to order a Big Bend 4 door (have a family, so 2 door was not an option for me :cry:), mainly to keep costs down and keep it similarly optioned to my 2017 f-150 302A, and I don't need a bunch of fancy shit on it lol. I will be adding the Mid package, Auto trans, Hard top, and Up fitter switches per my requirements. Though I am going back and forth on the Sasquatch package.

Let me explain my situation. My family and I plan to take this bad boy to the beach, overlanding/camping, and trailing. We will NOT be doing any crazy rock crawling or anything that will bring damage to my vehicle. Yes, I do plan on protecting my paint with PPF so I avoid scratches from tree branches.

the Sasquatch package is supposed to be $5000 and I feel that's good a deal for what you get in the package and I want my bronco to look bad ass as well. Go ahead call me a pavement princess, because it will be just that 80-90% of the time. However I have considered forgoing the Sasquatch package and adding the optional rear locker. If I do this I would plan on doing a set of King front a rear dual reservoir shocks, setting the front to 1" to match the lift you get from the Sasquatch, and a 1" rear block, and adding my own 17" wheels and Ridgegrapplers.

If I go this route I expect the price to be about $4000-$4500, so not much less than the Sasquatch option. However my thinking on this is I would have MUCH better shocks and ride quality, the same look, and really only lose the front locker and 4.7 gears. Saving me from stopping at the pump as often, and lets be honest for what I plan to do with the vehicle, I don't need the front locker I would lose going his route.

What are ya'll thinking? Anyone feeling the same way, or planning a similar setup? Would like to see what others are doing or your reasoning for going Sasquatch?
If you are even hinting at a thought of 35's ...your best bet will be to go Squatch....if for no other reason than the warranty on those driveline parts alone.
There is too much good hardware in that package to pass up ASSUMING the M210 front is part of the Squatch pkg for those 35's.

Price out 35's.
Price out FORGED beadlock capable wheels.
Price out changing to THE PROPER GEARING for 35's (your assumption that the 4.70's will penalize your mileage is incorrect...the 4.70's correct the torque multiplication you lose with the bigger tires...amongst other things)
Price out the lift.
Shocks? Nobody even knows how these Bilsteins will be out in the real world yet, my guess is for 80% on road vehicles, they will be PERFECT.

I'll bet big money that Ford can/will deny your warranty on the drive line if you were to mount larger tires than stock and end up breaking that front axle/diff.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What exactly are you saying here?

It has already been cleared up that the 4 door will come with the manual standard.....
The early version of the web site was indeed a bit unclear about that, perhaps even confusing, but has since been changed.

Manual ....standard on the 4 door models except Outer Banks and any thing with a V6.
Maybe have a little awareness when you drag up posts from 2 months ago.....

ccsami4x4

Black Diamond
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Evoque
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A couple of comments:

For an on-road mostly rig, I cannot imagine buying Kings that you have to deal with rebuilding at set intervals. A basic shock is plenty for most folks. Perhaps your usage is different (from your description it did not seem so).

Lots of people will say their rig is going to see on-road use...let's call it 85% of the time. That would mean, if you drive 12k miles per year that you're off-road for 1800 miles. That's a shitload of trail time, and WAY more than the average driver would ever see annually. Reality is that most rigs are solidly 99% on-road and see occasional off-road use. For some perspective, the Rubicon Trail is only 22 miles long...1% off-road usage at 12k miles per year would allow you to run the full Rubicon 5 full trips with plenty left over for some more trails.

Someone mentioned a locker costing $600...that's not the case. Maybe (a big maybe) you could buy the kit for that, but unless you know what you're doing, it's going to cost you well over $1k to get one and have it installed.

It will take a bit of time for the aftermarket to catch up to a new vehicle like the Bronco. As such, it might be prudent to go with the factory-offered lift if you're planning on larger tires right away. It's likely a bit more expensive than the entry level aftermarket will be, but you do get the factory warranty backing it.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
.... Go ahead call me a pavement princess, because it will be just that 80-90% of the time......
King Shocks.png
Hey pavement princess. King shocks for what your going to do with the Bronco, or better yet what you said you will not be doing is like buying a Ferrari only to drive to the corner convenience station to buy a soda.

A lot of people think a rear locker only will be a possible single purchase. Is this because it may have been on the survey? I don’t think it will be a stand alone selection, And you would have to step to a BD model. I guess if B&P ever comes out then we will finally know.

King shocks are some awesome kit. But are you aware how much that set in the pic will run you? If you get them I will be jealous. Good luck princess ??

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey pavement princess. King shocks for what your going to do with the Bronco, or better yet what you said you will not be doing is like buying a Ferrari only to drive to the corner convenience station to buy a soda.

A lot of people think a rear locker only will be a possible single purchase. Is this because it may have been on the survey? I don’t think it will be a stand alone selection, And you would have to step to a BD model. I guess if B&P ever comes out then we will finally know.

King shocks are some awesome kit. But are you aware how much that set in the pic will run you? If you get them I will be jealous. Good luck princess ??
Id still like to come over and stare at the ferrari and drool.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see people considering factory warranty enough when talking about aftermarket drive train mods. I'm excited to buy one and I think it's going to be an awesome vehicle but we are talking about an all new production vehicle.
This
This
This

on a brand new platform the warranty is going to be so crucial... the last thing anyone wants is for a dealer to deny warranty due to non factory parts

Ford Bronco Sasquatch, to do or not to do? That is the question! 1602984341481
Sponsored