Sponsored

Sasquatch upgrades besides wheels? Brakes? Steering? Tie rods? CV joints?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Brakes - NO. The same. Sasquatch will take a loooooong time to stop on the road.

Top of the line Tacomas still come with rear drums. The brakes on the Bronco will be fine.
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Top of the line Tacomas still come with rear drums. The brakes on the Bronco will be fine.
"Fine" is a subjective term. It means something different to everyone. What we should be asking is fine "compared to what"?

Small tires (32") will break a LOT better than big tires (35"). Sasquatch breaking may be 'fine' for you, but please don't ignore physics. Those big tires will require significantly more breaking distance compared to Standard Bronco tires.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, what do you think will be the result of the following braking test?

60-0 mph
Stock Big Bend (32" tires & aluminum rims no options) vs same Big Bend w/Sasquatch (35" tires w/beadlock capable rims, heavier differentials, etc).

A) Stock Big Bend will come to rest in a substantially shorter distance than Squatched Big Bend

B) Sasquatch Big Bend will come to rest in shorter distance than stock Big Bend

C) Both vehicles will come to rest in about the same distance

Answer?
Ford Bronco Sasquatch upgrades besides wheels? Brakes? Steering? Tie rods? CV joints? 1604037996747

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"Fine" is a subjective term. It means something different to everyone. What we should be asking is fine "compared to what"?

Small tires (32") will break a LOT better than big tires (35"). Sasquatch breaking may be 'fine' for you, but please don't ignore physics. Those big tires will require significantly more breaking distance compared to Standard Bronco tires.
Not so sure.
I get it, the bigger wheels and tires are heavier but they also have a wider contact patch.
Modern brakes are very good generally speaking so I dont think you will see much difference with the 35s with braking.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not so sure.
I get it, the bigger wheels and tires are heavier but they also have a wider contact patch.
Modern brakes are very good generally speaking so I dont think you will see much difference with the 35s with braking.
The following is the best video I've seen that compares 31", 33" & 35" tires in off-road and on-road conditions. EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH THIS VIDEO! Watch, then tell me what you think. They do brake comparisons towards the end.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you don't want big tires, it's OK. No one is judging.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing I took from the Aussie video is that Sasquatch package is quite a value. But I’m not going to be off the pavement enough for it to be my personal choice.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
One thing I took from the Aussie video is that Sasquatch package is quite a value. But I’m not going to be off the pavement enough for it to be my personal choice.
This. Exactly. I'm off the pavement for the first mile and a half leaving and the last mile and a half coming home, in the mountains, subject to lake effect snow, blizzards, washouts of the road, etc. In my situation it makes sense to squatch it. If I lived where I used to, would not even consider squatching it. No reason to spend the $ for it. Does not mean that it is not still a bad ass vehicle...

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Your brakes are only as good as the person in front or behind you. One good thing is you get advanced braking mid package and up. They'll have upgrades in the aftermarket but seems brakes will always get beat out by something aesthetic.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If anything the lift and lift from larger tires may affect panic braking more than the weight of the tires. You'll get even less traction from the rears as it dives forward.

I wouldn't expect a noticable change.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ok, don't get Sasquatch then. Enjoy your teeny little short braking tires...once the trucks are out there, you can sit in parking lots and go up and brag to Broncos with Sasquatch about how well you brake, and carry charts around to try to prove it to them. It's going to be awesome for you, stats and all.

Of course, real world, 35s come stock from Ford, and they will brake fine. No problems and no one will ever notice.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There will be 30 pages of warnings in the owner's manual so problem solved :geek:

Drive better than the average person and you'll be fine.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 4 wheel disc brakes of the Bronco can lock up 35" tires no problem . They will lock up smaller tires even quicker . The anti-lock system will prefer the larger contact surface of the the 35's since it will allow the computer to hold pressure on the disk longer without lock up .

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I really want to know is, what is the difference between badlands lift and Sasquatch lift? How is it achieved? What are the differences in travel.

I know that someone at ford said 40mm travel difference. But I want a real confirmation and explanation.

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"Looooong" is also a subjective term. It means something different to everyone. Ask my exwife.
Sponsored