Sponsored

Sasquatch upgrades besides wheels? Brakes? Steering? Tie rods? CV joints?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, don't get Sasquatch then. Enjoy your teeny little short braking tires...once the trucks are out there, you can sit in parking lots and go up and brag to Broncos with Sasquatch about how well you brake, and carry charts around to try to prove it to them. It's going to be awesome for you, stats and all.

Of course, real world, 35s come stock from Ford, and they will brake fine. No problems and no one will ever notice.
Yup, I will enjoy my teeny little Badlands 33" TA K02s!

Fact remains, Broncos with smaller tires will out accelerate and brake those with 35s. This is neither good nor bad, just a trade-off. 35s will way out-perform off road. You can ignore these facts and pretend they don't exist and ridicule me for not needing 35s.
Sponsored

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fact remains, Broncos with smaller tires will out accelerate and brake those with 35s. This is neither good nor bad, just a trade-off. 35s will way out-perform off road. You can ignore these facts and pretend they don't exist and ridicule me for not needing 35s.
I am with you. 33's seem to be the best of both worlds given the level of offroading I will do, along with daily driving. Not trying to get started here, but I would imagine the Sas 35's would take longer to stop than 33's. I am sure at some point there will be a test out there with the distance to stop, just like a 0-60 acceleration test as well.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am with you. 33's seem to be the best of both worlds given the level of offroading I will do, along with daily driving. Not trying to get started here, but I would imagine the Sas 35s would take longer to stop than 33's. I am sure at some point there will be a test out there with the distance to stop, just like a 0-60 acceleration test as well.
I'm torn between 33s and Sasquatch on BL and if I go 33s, 4.46 gears or 4.7? I don't wanna get 33s and regret not getting Squatch later but also not sure what to expect with 35s and I'm getting mixed information on how easy it would be to go down to 33s later. Driven plenty of humvees and FMTVs in snow, mud, gravel, etc but that's a bit different. Wondering more about driving on improved surfaces.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s funny that people are arguing about braking distance without talking about tread compound and spring rates. Diameter alone won’t answer anything about braking distance. If the 35s are super sticky and the Squatch suspension is stiffer it absolutely could stop in a shorter distance.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Fact remains, Broncos with smaller tires will out accelerate and brake those with 35s.
Are you planning on hanging out at night street racing against the ricers with their boosted civics?

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s funny that people are arguing about braking distance without talking about tread compound and spring rates. Diameter alone won’t answer anything about braking distance. If the 35s are super sticky and the Squatch suspension is stiffer it absolutely could stop in a shorter distance.
Lighter wheels will offset the difference between the factory 33's and 35's. You are spot on that more than tire size factors into the stopping distance.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you planning on hanging out at night street racing against the ricers with their boosted civics?
Wasn't planning on it, but sounds interesting. I'll tell you what though, I''m getting a Badlands 2.7L, non-Squatch. I'll gladly race any Badlands 2.7 Squatch every Friday night for $10,000 per race. I'll clean up all the ninnies that deny tire size matters with road performance.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are dillusional. Sasquatch 35s will require greater braking than any other Bronco tire setup. This is physics. I'll gladly bet, if you care to put your money where your mouth is. So, I'll bet any Base, BB, BD OBX or BL stock will out brake any Squatch vehicle. Please bet me! I know I'm good for it.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just need to stop before I crash into something. I think the Squatch will do that. I don’t care if it takes a split second longer.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You are dillusional. Sasquatch 35s will require greater braking than any other Bronco tire setup. This is physics. I'll gladly bet, if you care to put your money where your mouth is. So, I'll bet any Base, BB, BD OBX or BL stock will out brake any Squatch vehicle. Please bet me! I know I'm good for it.
Interesting theory. Why does the Raptor use the exact same brakes as the standard F150's? Same calipers, rotors, and pads to stop those big scary 35's.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, you seem obsessed over this. The fact is that the stock truck will stop “good enough” for the average driver. It will even stop good enough to add 37s. It’s no big deal, and you’re obsessed with talking about an option that you aren’t even ordering....seemingly trying to convince yourself.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

serious question - will 34 tires be the biggest you can go without the lift that the saq provides? I like the height of a bigger tire more than any off road benefits it provides, but I don't want to pay for off road capability that I will rarely if ever need because I don't off road anything other than dirt roads, light trails and the beach in winter. This is the reason I bought a Wrangler with a 2 inch lift and 35s but not a Rubicon.
Don't want to derail this pissing match, but would appreciate thoughts on this.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
What all does the Sasquatch package change?
It has a lift, it has bigger tires, it has stronger suspension components, different A arms, better shocks. A bigger stronger front differential. And lockers front and rear. Better skid plates.

Are the brakes different too? Bigger calipers or discs?
Is the steering linkage upgraded? Stronger tie rods?
Are the CV joints stronger? The bigger front differential would require the half shafts to be at least somewhat different. Bigger wheel bearings?

What else is different?
What I really want to know is, what is the difference between badlands lift and Sasquatch lift? How is it achieved? What are the differences in travel.

I know that someone at ford said 40mm travel difference. But I want a real confirmation and explanation.
From Esteban Plaza-Jennings ( Ford Brand Manager ) at SuperCel East while he and I stood by the model chassis- " There is no lift. Sasquatch has stiffer springs and longer shocks the BL. " Others from there quoted this and were told there is a small spacer used on the front.
Sponsored