Sponsored

Sasquatch upgrades besides wheels? Brakes? Steering? Tie rods? CV joints?

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Fine" is a subjective term. It means something different to everyone. What we should be asking is fine "compared to what"?

Small tires (32") will break a LOT better than big tires (35"). Sasquatch breaking may be 'fine' for you, but please don't ignore physics. Those big tires will require significantly more breaking distance compared to Standard Bronco tires.
They require more force to stop. I guaranafuckingtee the brakes on a base bronco will lock up the sas tires. You can't stop any faster than the tires have traction for.
Now will fading and warped rotors be a bigger issue for sas broncos. Yeah. But these ain't race cars, don't drive it like one and boiling brakes won't be an issue.
Sponsored

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are dillusional. Sasquatch 35s will require greater braking than any other Bronco tire setup. This is physics. I'll gladly bet, if you care to put your money where your mouth is. So, I'll bet any Base, BB, BD OBX or BL stock will out brake any Squatch vehicle. Please bet me! I know I'm good for it.
I didn’t say it would. I said it could because there are more things that contribute to stopping distance than just tire diameter. One of the people mentioned the OBX which has harder tires and probably softer suspension. I’d be curious about that comparison because every performance driver knows sticky tires and stiff suspension decrease stopping distance.

I agree that with the same tire and suspension 35s will stop slower due to weight but it won’t be by much with modern anti-lock systems.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From Esteban Plaza-Jennings ( Ford Brand Manager ) at SuperCel East while he and I stood by the model chassis- " There is no lift. Sasquatch has stiffer springs and longer shocks the BL. " Others from there quoted this and were told there is a small spacer used on the front.
Ok well that is confusing because he said no lift and then explained what a lift is. If it has longer shocks and springs then that is a suspension lift.

this is the big question that I have. If the springs are stiffer does that mean the ride isn’t as plush as a stock badlands? What is the true articulation difference.

if they don’t explain this before ordering I will just not get Sasquatch.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok well that is confusing because he said no lift and then explained what a lift is. If it has longer shocks and springs then that is a suspension lift.

this is the big question that I have. If the springs are stiffer does that mean the ride isn’t as plush as a stock badlands? What is the true articulation difference.

if they don’t explain this before ordering I will just not get Sasquatch.
He looked at as starting out with different components, not a lift. Call it what you want. We are talking about 0.55" difference. 2 door Heights- WT-75.2 BL-73.8 = 1.4" . Tires WT-34.4 BL-32.7 = 1.7"/2 = .85.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From that video he was using 305s as 33’s and 315s as 35s. Those are nearly the same tire. Most people consider 285s as 33s.

Anyhow considering the fact the 33 tire was a 34 and the 35 tire was a 34.5, I’d say that his breaking test was just heavily flawed.

at the speed he was going all he was really measuring was his reaction time, nothing more.

Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Might want to rethink that! Not that computer savvy, I think this the link to a very good and relevant tire comparison.
A day late and a dollar short. Has already been posted if you read the thread. Post #20.

Last edited:

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

"Fine" is a subjective term. It means something different to everyone. What we should be asking is fine "compared to what"?

Small tires (32") will break a LOT better than big tires (35"). Sasquatch breaking may be 'fine' for you, but please don't ignore physics. Those big tires will require significantly more breaking distance compared to Standard Bronco tires.
Bigger tires will have more rubber on the road. Modern brakes can lock up the tires at all reasonable speeds. Traction is the limiting factor for braking distances (my engineer WAG).

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This went in a direction I wasn’t expecting.
squatch = stiffer springs = stiffer ride?
my original impression was the longer springs / shocks led to more travel and the position dampening shocks led to more control over any uneven surface (ie video of Broncos in Johnson valley hauling a$$ over broken ground at King of Hammers last year). Common reviews of Sasquatch versus standard Bronco (YouTube) is that the standard Bronco has better on road manners, but stiffer ride was never part of this description. I’m following this thread as well because my plans include Badlands or Squatch shock / spring take offs.
Sponsored