Sponsored

Sasquatch vs 33's Badlands . Or full paint protection film?

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never really understood the paint protection thing. My 2016 f150 factory paint job is very stout from stock and basically bulletproof with a good coat of wax on it. Hand wash once a week with pressure rinse and 2 buckets, dry with aqua gloss wax, thing looks brand new and I take quite a few trips off the beaten path with that truck. For the wrap and PP cost you could just buy a new paint job in 10 years... no?
Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am stuck on this very same shit as well.

Badlands with 33s and optional wheels or Badlands Sasquatch for just a $1000 more.

Im not rock crawling. Just overlanding. Will be daily driver, so worried about those 35 tires in the snow/rain, etc. And not a fan of those wide ass fenders.

But I don't want to regret anything especially for just $1000 at this point.

MikenDallas

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMHO I would forgo the PPF and ceramic coating and get the Sasquatch BL.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

define serious off roading. Because if they wont protect the paint from branches or something its a waste for me.
You see that's the thing. You never know what you're going to get into when off raoding unless you've been on that trail before. A small branch, sticking out at the right angle, can cause damage like a big branch. We have many trails in the Uwharrie National Forrest near me in North Carolina. Many are wide enough that trees aren't a problem, but others have areas that you must get the correct line to make it over, or through. And previous weather can change the lines you need to take. I wish I could give you a better answer, but truth is you never know what the trail has to offer you. If it were me I wouldn't invest in the PPF until you have a chance to scout out the trails you are thinking of taking. If it's a popular trail, or off roading venue you may be able to find some videos on You Tube. That's how I checked out some of the trails in the Uwharrie before I ventured out in my Jeep.

Of course I'm in no way an experienced off roader, and probably never will be considered one. I'm more of the beginner trail kind of guy. :)

I did have some PPF applied on my Jeep. But it was only on the front grill, and a partial install on the front fender. Places where high speed projectiles thrown by a vehicle in front of me on the highway can hit.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

PPF will help some off-roading marks. Keep in mind that PPF can "scratch" and show damage. The cost of a quality PPF application rivals the cost of a new paint job. Some people will buy a roll of cheap heavy duty film. Throw it on before heading out off-road. Once done just peel it off and trash it. My Raptor has never seen any PPF. It has had it's share of off-road "pin Stripes". I just buff it out when done. White and bright colors are great for hiding minor imperfections.

Sponsored
OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PPF will help some off-roading marks. Keep in mind that PPF can "scratch" and show damage. The cost of a quality PPF application rivals the cost of a new paint job. Some people will buy a roll of cheap heavy duty film. Throw it on before heading out off-road. Once done just peel it off and trash it. My Raptor has never seen any PPF. It has had it's share of off-road "pin Stripes". I just buff it out when done. White and bright colors are great for hiding minor imperfections.
How cheap is said cheap film? This sounds like a good idea

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OST as interested in the off-roading / PPF discussion

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
B&P lets you select 4.70 with the auto without Squatch...

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what i understand there are 2 types of wraps, XPEL and vinyl (3M). The difference is that the XPEL has a 10yr warranty and goes on clear so you keep your original paint. It is self healing as well. It's also more expensive than 3M and requires the template from the factory to be installed. 3M is cheaper, can come in any color or pattern, but can fade or yellow after a few years so you might have to get another wrap if that happens.

I'm going with the XPEL but my buddy swears by 3M 10mm wrap as he has it on all of his Jeeps and is considered an advanced wheeler. I just don't want to have to redo it after 3-5yrs so leaning towards XPEL.
Sponsored