First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm wondering, depending on the price of the Sasquatch package (and how you plan on using your Bronco) would it make more sense to get the 2.7 and aftermarket wheels and 35's? Between the extra torque and 10 speed transmission I'll bet it would drive great on and it wont take much if anything to run 35's. Now you will miss out on lockers and much much more but just like all the Jeeps running 35s with stock gears and way less power and transmission speeds that do fine...this might be a very viable option ?.

What do you think? Will Sasquatch be 3k on a 4dr big bend or 6k? Will the 2.7 be a 1k option or a 3k option? Can't wait for build and price so I can start playing around with scenarios!!!
Sponsored

Spmyers86

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s kind of my thinking. I would rather get the more powerful drivetrain and then upgrade suspension/wheels/tires aftermarket which is sure to be plentiful. The 2.7 should have no problem with 35’s. I don’t think the gearing and tranny will be a problem eitherI’ve owned a 92 4cyl YJ at one point with 35’s and it managed to do alright on the freeway and the bronco numbers blow them out of the water.

The biggie swaying me is front diff housing. The aluminum concerns me and I would rather have the strength of the cast. I can do lockers later on if need be, but I’m not going to be able to easily swap out that front diff.

It certainly is convenient to get it all from the factory and be able to have those goodies rolled into the monthly payment.

ugh... decisions decisions.
Hopefully we get some pricing soon!

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My plan is to buy it equipped with all of the off-road and HD options and none of the fluff. Why waste money on items you are going to replace any way?

I have been over every bit of info Ford has out. I plan on ordering a base four door with Sasquatch package, 2.7, larger front diff, both tops, aux switches, high clearance suspension, trail turn assist (I like tractor brakes), keyless entry (I hate keys). The only thing that pisses me off is the rubberized floor is not available 'a la carte'. Don't want to bed line this time, so I'll be buying that part # and installing it.

I have two platinum pkg Fords now, this vehicle has a different purpose.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My plan is to buy it equipped with all of the off-road and HD options and none of the fluff. Why waste money on items you are going to replace any way?

I have been over every bit of info Ford has out. I plan on ordering a base four door with Sasquatch package, 2.7, larger front diff, both tops, aux switches, high clearance suspension, trail turn assist (I like tractor brakes), keyless entry (I hate keys). The only thing that pisses me off is the rubberized floor is not available 'a la carte'. Don't want to bed line this time, so I'll be buying that part # and installing it.

I have two platinum pkg Fords now, this vehicle has a different purpose.
Does that plan assume the rubberized floor is a part and not spray in from factory? Do we know this?

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does that plan assume the rubberized floor is a part and not spray in from factory? Do we know this?
It is a quality vinyl floor, I have the same thing in my plat F350. You can tell by the pics.

Sponsored

Deleted member

@toymaster, your absolutely certain it's the same floor? I'm not doubting you; I would simply like confirmation.

If so, this is excellent news. I would prefer the rubberized floor over carpet and was concerned I might have to forgo it to accommodate other choices due to the cost of a Black Diamond or Badlands. Now it seems I can add it after the fact through Ford's own parts department.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@toymaster, your absolutely certain it's the same floor? I'm not doubting you; I would simply like confirmation.
Give me a few min and I'll update this post with the pic on Ford's site.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs Aftermarket Lift + Tires + Wheels bronco floorin

I have my 08 JK bed lined. Being able to pull the plugs and hose her out is priceless.

Below is a pic from my truck. Bedlining is a messy business, even the factory truck bed liners are applied by a third party outside the production plant. There is no way Ford will remove a body from the production line, spray it, and then put it back on the assembly line. The rubberized floor will be a very nice vinyl floor covering just like they currently put in the trucks.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs Aftermarket Lift + Tires + Wheels 20200730_214332

There is no way in hell I'd run carpet. You place a husky liner on top of that and it takes care of the gravel, dirt, mud, and horse crap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigjoey101

bigjoey101

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s kind of my thinking. I would rather get the more powerful drivetrain and then upgrade suspension/wheels/tires aftermarket which is sure to be plentiful. The 2.7 should have no problem with 35’s. I don’t think the gearing and tranny will be a problem eitherI’ve owned a 92 4cyl YJ at one point with 35’s and it managed to do alright on the freeway and the bronco numbers blow them out of the water.

The biggie swaying me is front diff housing. The aluminum concerns me and I would rather have the strength of the cast. I can do lockers later on if need be, but I’m not going to be able to easily swap out that front diff.

It certainly is convenient to get it all from the factory and be able to have those goodies rolled into the monthly payment.

ugh... decisions decisions.
Hopefully we get some pricing soon!
You make a good point with the diff...that is how they get you! While a lot is easily changed or added aftermarket some things are not so easy or cheap. The big question is what does a Sasquatch cost?

Even that said I have 2 JK Saharas, both on 35s, both with stock gears and axles. For the types of offroading I do here in Oregon...lockers are cool but not necessary. Lower gears would be ideal but again, even the 3.6 pentastar has enough power to make it totally livable in normal driving. But if they are priced similarly a 2.3 Sasquatch would be the way to go IMO vs 2.7 with aftermarket stuff.

C'mon Ford, just let us have it already!!!

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands no Squatch with the 2.7 is the best setup IMO. You can always add big tires. An engine and drivetrain swap is a whole different business.

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So thoughts....
I love love love the stance of the 2 door + Sas (Hard not to)
Not planning on going anywhere that I would likely need BOTH front and rear lockers, new to the game but iam in Arizona so....
So do I go Sas and get the benefit of having the lift, lockers, etc under warranty and have it killer out the door or
Do I likely save a little money and go with aftermarket/factory 2inch lift, 33/35 inch tires....
give me your logic please

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My logic is I want manual and I don't want a suspension that limits travel. Plus, some (not all) of what the aftermarket offers will be better than what Ford is putting on. I also don't want the swaybar disconnect.

We really can't talk $$$ yet since we just don't know.

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So thoughts....
I love love love the stance of the 2 door + Sas (Hard not to)
Not planning on going anywhere that I would likely need BOTH front and rear lockers, new to the game but iam in Arizona so....
So do I go Sas and get the benefit of having the lift, lockers, etc under warranty and have it killer out the door or
Do I likely save a little money and go with aftermarket/factory 2inch lift, 33/35 inch tires....
give me your logic please
Sas from the dealer may or may not be more expensive but you don't have to worry about warranty issues down the road that your aftermarket parts might void.

MentalBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Toyota Tundra, Yamaha WR250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My logic is I want manual and I don't want a suspension that limits travel. Plus, some (not all) of what the aftermarket offers will be better than what Ford is putting on. I also don't want the swaybar disconnect.

We really can't talk $$$ yet since we just don't know.
You "don't" want the disconnect? Why?

TXAG

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would think all new wheels and all new tires plus the lift will likely cost as much or more than the Sasquatch pkg anyway. Pure speculation since we don’t know pricing yet, but Ford stands to make a lot of extra money on upgrade packages and they know they have to be competitive on price vs aftermarket. Unless you just want to beef up on parts, I would go with the Sasquatch.

But on the other hand...if Ford really sticks with no manual transmission with the Sasquatch pkg...then I will be leaning towards aftermarket.

Txchewy

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know what suspension components are included in the sasquatch package? I am buying a manual so it is not an option for me. Wondering if I can just buy take off parts and install? Would prefer to have oem parts versus aftermarket. Pretty sweet that I will be on Craigslist searching for parts for my new bronco day one, thanks ford!
Sponsored