norsemen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion XB, FJ Cruiser, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You make a good point with the diff...that is how they get you! While a lot is easily changed or added aftermarket some things are not so easy or cheap. The big question is what does a Sasquatch cost?

Even that said I have 2 JK Saharas, both on 35s, both with stock gears and axles. For the types of offroading I do here in Oregon...lockers are cool but not necessary. Lower gears would be ideal but again, even the 3.6 pentastar has enough power to make it totally livable in normal driving. But if they are priced similarly a 2.3 Sasquatch would be the way to go IMO vs 2.7 with aftermarket stuff.

C'mon Ford, just let us have it already!!!
All I ever needed back when I used to run around Brown's camp in my FJ was 4lo and that rear locker on occasion
Sponsored

OrangecrushAZ

Badlands
First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Raptor, ā€˜17 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally wasnā€™t going to do the Sas on my Badlands, but an leaning towards it now for warranty. I have put high-end aftermarket Icon suspension on both my Raptor and Land Cruiser and each has had leaky shocks within a few thousand miles of install. Thereā€™s going to be a substantial cost in fixing both of those shock leaks, mostly in the labor to remove and then re-install.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know function matters as well as looks, but why arenā€™t we seeing some clear quality photos of broncos on 33s and 35s? The 2 broncos I have seen that for sure look badass are the orange and cactus from the debut, on fords website it says both have aftermarket parts. Show me good pics of a real car so I can tell what I would get. Not aftermarket equipped, not cgi, not 20 painted black ones that make it harder to see. Rant over...

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know function matters as well as looks, but why arenā€™t we seeing some clear quality photos of broncos on 33s and 35s? The 2 broncos I have seen that for sure look badass are the orange and cactus from the debut, on fords website it says both have aftermarket parts. Show me good pics of a real car so I can tell what I would get. Not aftermarket equipped, not cgi, not 20 painted black ones that make it harder to see. Rant over...
There is at least one vehicle with Sasquatch in the Rubicon/Moab videos and the rest are on 33s.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is at least one vehicle with Sasquatch in the Rubicon/Moab videos and the rest are on 33s.
i know Iā€™m complaining and it will eventually come out and you are correct. But I want to see this but not cgi, not Aftermarket and not black. This to me, is more useful in determining 33 or 35 because I def donā€™t ā€œneedā€ 35s for function. Want to know if I like the stance of 35 that much more

8D87E5A9-4281-408D-BB66-F4BCA9E31B0F.jpeg

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thatā€™s kind of my thinking. I would rather get the more powerful drivetrain and then upgrade suspension/wheels/tires aftermarket which is sure to be plentiful. The 2.7 should have no problem with 35ā€™s. I donā€™t think the gearing and tranny will be a problem eitherIā€™ve owned a 92 4cyl YJ at one point with 35ā€™s and it managed to do alright on the freeway and the bronco numbers blow them out of the water.

The biggie swaying me is front diff housing. The aluminum concerns me and I would rather have the strength of the cast. I can do lockers later on if need be, but Iā€™m not going to be able to easily swap out that front diff.

It certainly is convenient to get it all from the factory and be able to have those goodies rolled into the monthly payment.

ugh... decisions decisions.
Hopefully we get some pricing soon!
Sasquatch comes with different gears in the rear end.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does that plan assume the rubberized floor is a part and not spray in from factory? Do we know this?
I read from the Q&A I believe, that the stamping process for the rubberized floor is different than the carpeted floor because of the drains
Sponsored