Sponsored

Sasquatch vs non Sasquatch spare tire rack pictures!

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Something looks so dirty about this. Did the Bronco consent to photos of its bare rack being shared to the internets?!

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perfect concealment for my rear facing machine gun.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is the rear camera at the end of Pinocchio's nose there?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the rear camera at the end of Pinocchio's nose there?
That’s exactly what it is.

Also doubles as an assist for lifting and aligning the wheel into the carrier.

Sponsored

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your post got me wondering whether or not I'll need a spacer for my aftermarket wheels/tires (17x8.5, +35mm and 33x12.50 tires). If I've drawn this up right, it's only the 33" tires (Badlands) on the 17x7 +55mm wheels that need the spacer. My wheel/tire combination (not shown) is very close to the SAS so I should be OK without the spacer. One thing for sure, a 35" tire is a lot of tire hanging on the tail gate! It's great that Ford has planned on that big a tire and (hopefully) designed the tailgate for that much weight, so we don't have to upgrade the tailgate like on the Jeeps.
Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs non Sasquatch spare tire rack pictures! 1623258907058

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Notice that the rear brake light mount is different to (this has been point out before).

The good news is that if you go for a wider tire (but not taller) you just need the spacer (hopefully).

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else find it goofy that they have the electrical for the tail light coming out of the mount and to the side rather than centered behind the mount itself? Maybe there's a specific reasoning behind this?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else find it goofy that they have the electrical for the tail light coming out of the mount and to the side rather than centered behind the mount itself? Maybe there's a specific reasoning behind this?
My guess is that there is addition reinforcement in the door and to avoid that they move the wiring to side.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your post got me wondering whether or not I'll need a spacer for my aftermarket wheels/tires (17x8.5, +35mm and 33x12.50 tires). If I've drawn this up right, it's only the 33" tires (Badlands) on the 17x7 +55mm wheels that need the spacer. My wheel/tire combination (not shown) is very close to the SAS so I should be OK without the spacer. One thing for sure, a 35" tire is a lot of tire hanging on the tail gate! It's great that Ford has planned on that big a tire and (hopefully) designed the tailgate for that much weight, so we don't have to upgrade the tailgate like on the Jeeps.
Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs non Sasquatch spare tire rack pictures! 1623258907058
I thought the purpose of the spacer was to pull the tire away from the tailgate, so it WOULD be needed for SAS?

Sponsored

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought the purpose of the spacer was to pull the tire away from the tailgate, so it WOULD be needed for SAS?
That is the purpose of the spacer, and it probably is for the SAS too. I took a closer look, using the Big Bend (instead of the Black Diamond), Badlands and SAS wheel/tire combinations. The Base, Big Bend and Outer Banks models all come with 255 (10") width tires. The Black Diamond comes with a 265 (10.5") wide tire--my order. The Badlands comes with 285 (11.5") width tires and the Wildtrak, First Edition and SAS have the 315 (12.5") wide tires. If I was designing the spare tire mount, I'd size it so the SAS tire/wheel combination (including the WT and FE) sits "tight" against the tailgate to minimize the leverage. That design would also fit the Base, BB, BD and OB tire/wheel combinations. Per my design, only the BL would require the spacer (pushing it further out to where a 255 tire sits). However, per the OP's original post, it looks like Ford is adding the spacer for BL, WT, FE and SAS equipped models. Not sure where my BD fits into that, but I hope it comes with the spacer as my aftermarket wheel/tire combination is pretty close to the SAS. I guess I'll see. And, yes, I've spent way too much time analyzing this, but work is boring today!
Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs non Sasquatch spare tire rack pictures! 1623268044256

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Thomas1984 thanks for another great post! I was actually wondering about the spare tire rack.
It looks like the spacer is on with the original badlands 33” tire and the rear camera pokes out well enough.
When you mounted your 35” tire back there did you take the spacer off so it would allow the wheel to mount better and the camera to poke out enough to get a good view?

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Thomas1984 thanks for another great post! I was actually wondering about the spare tire rack.
It looks like the spacer is on with the original badlands 33” tire and the rear camera pokes out well enough.
When you mounted your 35” tire back there did you take the spacer off so it would allow the wheel to mount better and the camera to poke out enough to get a good view?
I didn’t need a spacer , the 35” tires fits on there, and it barely clears the rear light, and the rear camera is barely abstracted, you’ll be fine.

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t need a spacer , the 35” tires fits on there, and it barely clears the rear light, and the rear camera is barely abstracted, you’ll be fine.
I just did the same thing, SAS spare on standard badlands mount, fits without spacer, touches the rubber bumpers below normally because the back space is almost identical. 3rd brake light is a little pushed, but will work until you get an extension or a SAS one.
51669197807_66ede58de3_z.jpg

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just did the same thing, SAS spare on standard badlands mount, fits without spacer, touches the rubber bumpers below normally because the back space is almost identical. 3rd brake light is a little pushed, but will work until you get an extension or a SAS one.
51669197807_66ede58de3_z.jpg
I have a non sasquatch Black diamond and going to add OEM sasquatch wheels and tires and 2" lift.. I'm going to add break light extension. Do you think I would need to add relocation bracket also to clear bumper?

Thank you
Sponsored