Sponsored

Sasquatch vs non Sasquatch spare tire rack pictures!

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is the purpose of the spacer, and it probably is for the SAS too. I took a closer look, using the Big Bend (instead of the Black Diamond), Badlands and SAS wheel/tire combinations. The Base, Big Bend and Outer Banks models all come with 255 (10") width tires. The Black Diamond comes with a 265 (10.5") wide tire--my order. The Badlands comes with 285 (11.5") width tires and the Wildtrak, First Edition and SAS have the 315 (12.5") wide tires. If I was designing the spare tire mount, I'd size it so the SAS tire/wheel combination (including the WT and FE) sits "tight" against the tailgate to minimize the leverage. That design would also fit the Base, BB, BD and OB tire/wheel combinations. Per my design, only the BL would require the spacer (pushing it further out to where a 255 tire sits). However, per the OP's original post, it looks like Ford is adding the spacer for BL, WT, FE and SAS equipped models. Not sure where my BD fits into that, but I hope it comes with the spacer as my aftermarket wheel/tire combination is pretty close to the SAS. I guess I'll see. And, yes, I've spent way too much time analyzing this, but work is boring today!
1623268044256.png
I have a non sasquatch Black diamond and going to add OEM sasquatch wheels and tires and 2" lift. I'm going to add break light extension. Do you think I would need to add relocation bracket also to clear bumper?

Thank you
Sponsored

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t think you’ll have any
I have a non sasquatch Black diamond and going to add OEM sasquatch wheels and tires and 2" lift. I'm going to add break light extension. Do you think I would need to add relocation bracket also to clear bumper?

Thank you
I don’t think you’ll have issues clearing the bumper but you may need to add a spacer between the wheel and tailgate mount. Otherwise you risk the tire pressing against the tailgate too much, causing damage. Also pay attention to the two rubber spacers between the bottom of the tailgate and tire.

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I installed 35 on Bronco last night. I already has Rough Country extension coming yesterday.
So I installed it. Now I'm not sure if I should remove it. The rubber supports doesn't touch Bronco gate.
Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs non Sasquatch spare tire rack pictures! 20220311_061727
Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs non Sasquatch spare tire rack pictures! 20220311_061429

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Notice that the rear brake light mount is different to (this has been point out before).

The good news is that if you go for a wider tire (but not taller) you just need the spacer (hopefully).
Anyone have a part number for the squatch brake light mount?

Sponsored

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That seems absolutely insane! I figured there'd be a part number for the camera extension and the spacer on the back.

WindwardOne

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2000 Boxster
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
FYI - I have a BB and put BL wheel and tire takeoffs on it when I took delivery. More accurately, the dealership put my BL takeoffs on. The BL takeoffs fit fine, including the spare on the rear rack, presumably without a spacer. It is a little tight to the rear brake light, but the light does clear the tire.

Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI - I have a BB and put BL wheel and tire takeoffs on it when I took delivery. More accurately, the dealership put my BL takeoffs on. The BL takeoffs fit fine, including the spare on the rear rack, presumably without a spacer. It is a little tight to the rear brake light, but the light does clear the tire.
Same experience here, although the tire does not rest on the rubber bumpers.

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Subaru 77 Cutlass Supreme
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I installed 35 on Bronco last night. I already has Rough Country extension coming yesterday.
So I installed it. Now I'm not sure if I should remove it. The rubber supports doesn't touch Bronco gate.
Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs non Sasquatch spare tire rack pictures! 1654775514332
Did you end up removing it? Does the stock 3rd light fit with the 35? Trying to determine if I need the extension for my 35x12.5. My guess is yes, but I don't like that it's ill-fitting.

kinsbrar

Badlands
First Name
Kinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just did the same thing, SAS spare on standard badlands mount, fits without spacer, touches the rubber bumpers below normally because the back space is almost identical. 3rd brake light is a little pushed, but will work until you get an extension or a SAS one.
Did spares obstruct the back camera view or 360 view or can i put zero offset wheels without any problem with backup camera?

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just following up on this thread. Is it correct that a squatch 35 will fit the non SAS spare tire mount, even if a very snug fit? Dealer just quoted me 1600 for the squatch spare tire mount
Sponsored