Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The title is a little click bait, but has anyone tried removing the crash bars and putting the Sasquatch wheel and tire package on a standard suspension Bronco with NO lift?
Sponsored

OP
OP
e90steve

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

F it. Bought some Sasquatch wheel/tire takeoffs and mounting up to the standard OBX suspension once they come in.

I've done the calculations and they should fit without any issue just need to remove the crash bars.

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

35's will fit after you remove the crash bars. Couple of youtube videos out there of people that have done that.
It's close, but there should be any rubbing while driving on the highway.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pretty sure Town and Country Customs attempted this on the Bronco Nation Bronco 4 or 5 months ago. It didn't look like it turned out that well. It doesn't rub when driving on flat road, but they couldn't turn close to full lock(at least with the wheel and tire combo they tried).

BroncoScotThai

Badlands
First Name
Adool Ferguson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought SAS package doesn’t come with crash bars. I’ve seen 37s put on with no mods.

Sponsored
OP
OP
e90steve

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In that video both sets of "35's" fit with no rubbing.

On top of that they used a wider 17x9 wheel with a "35" tire that also did not rub. They did have more aggressive offsets that pushed them out further.

It's when they put the 37 on when the rubbing came into play.

According to these measurements the inner wheel on the Sasquatch will actually be pushed out further vs. the inner wheel of the OBX. The wider tire will sit approximately the same distance to the control arm with both stock OBX setup and OBX w/ sas wheel setup. The only difference will be in the height.

We've seen the Stock suspension can run a 35 height in other applications so I don't think the height will be an issue for normal driving w/ crash bars removed. In the end I will most likely get a lift as well, but just bolting on out of the box, I don't think it will be an issue.

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 5.15.44 PM.png

OP
OP
e90steve

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Additionally, we've seen that M Redwood was able to put ranger wheels 17x8 +55 Offset with 315/70/17 on his base non-sas with no rubbing. That setup actually sits way closer to the suspension components than the standard Sasquatch wheel/tire setup on a standard suspension. You can see that in the graphic I've attached. So if that is in fact true, I don't think it will be a problem at all to run the standard Sasquatch wheel/tire on a standard suspension. At least not a problem for daily driving.

Of course crash bars front and back will have to be removed.

Fingers crossed it works out.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch Wheel/Tire on Standard Suspension Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 5.22.16 PM
Sponsored