Sponsored

Sasquatch Wheels and Tires Going on Non-SAS OBX!

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think I may be the ignorant one here, but what crash bars are you talking about?
There are crash bars behind the front bumper that are easily removed from the video I watched on YouTube. I have the stock bumper and the video was like 3 minutes long to remove 1 side.

Sponsored

Last edited:

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or maybe I should Safari the 911
Definitely this. If I had more technical know-how I'd love to safari a modern 911 or cayman

OP
OP
e90steve

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@e90steve did you use the same lug nuts to put them on?
Yes same lugs. They did have to remove the beauty ring off of the SAS wheel to mount the tire w/ new TPMS though. I've heard some shops have to do this and others can mount a tire without removing them.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are crash bars behind the front bumper that are easily removed from the video I watched on YouTube. I have the stock bumper and the video was like 3 minutes long to remove 1 side.

Just curious, what happens if you do have a crash an d vehicle sustains larger damage and worse negative impact on the occupants? Will your insurance company fit this since safety equipment was intentionally removed by the owner.

Sponsored

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just curious, what happens if you do have a crash an d vehicle sustains larger damage and worse negative impact on the occupants? Will your insurance company fit this since safety equipment was intentionally removed by the owner.
It's weird because Sasquatch from the factory doesn't come with crash bars. So I'm wondering if Sasquatch comes with some other safety mechanism from the factory. Or maybe Sasquatch has a lower crash rating?

OP
OP
e90steve

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Sasquatch model comes with these crash bars remove already from the factory. Perhaps something with the dynamics of the Sasquatch wheel/size/offset/weight and it filling the space more improves crash performance? Maybe the wheel/tire and position itself is the "safety mechanism".

OP
OP
e90steve

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know 4WP offers the larger wheel crash bars for $199. Also comes with their lift/level kit which is nice:
4WP Crash Bars

Overall good solution, but I have to think if Ford didn't include them on the Sasquatch, the crash testing with that wheel/tire combo made them not necessary. Not sure if doubling up with the aftermarket large wheel crash bars would be worse vs running the larger wheel/tire by itself. The engineers obviously designed and tested in the Sasquatch package wheels and tires without them.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know 4WP offers the larger wheel crash bars for $199. Also comes with their lift/level kit which is nice:
4WP Crash Bars

Overall good solution, but I have to think if Ford didn't include them on the Sasquatch, the crash testing with that wheel/tire combo made them not necessary. Not sure if doubling up with the aftermarket large wheel crash bars would be worse vs running the larger wheel/tire by itself. The engineers obviously designed and tested in the Sasquatch package wheels and tires without them.
Good point. Thanks for the reply. I thought the came on all Broncos. Learn something everyday.

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It works great. Plenty of clearance and not just for pavement. You can still hit the trails. If you aren't looking to rock crawl, it's all good. The SAS package 1 inch taller so it's really not all that much difference in clearance. Throw on a Zone leveling kit or a 2" for a couple hundred bucks and you have as much or more clearance vs. standard SAS package.

Just to clarify, there is zero rub and plenty of clearance once you remove the crash bars w/ OEM SAS Wheel/Tire package.
How much impact on speedometer did this have? do you have the 2.3 or 2.7? Also, what gearing did you order? 3.7 or 4.2?

Thanks, I'm getting set to order 35's to put on my obx and was curious of the details.

Sponsored

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It works great. Plenty of clearance and not just for pavement. You can still hit the trails. If you aren't looking to rock crawl, it's all good. The SAS package 1 inch taller so it's really not all that much difference in clearance. Throw on a Zone leveling kit or a 2" for a couple hundred bucks and you have as much or more clearance vs. standard SAS package.

Just to clarify, there is zero rub and plenty of clearance once you remove the crash bars w/ OEM SAS Wheel/Tire package.
I found with this tire size you can keep the rear crash bars on mine but they're close

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got them bolted on. Much improved vs standard OBX. Def requires crash bar removal, but no rub and everything works great.

4295394B-6A57-4440-86C8-7984645F2631.jpeg
6BA7520E-CB74-47F4-BD05-859FFDBD9C71.jpeg
That looks really cool!
However I think it needs a 2 inch lift so it doesn’t look like they’re stuffed so much.
….or…. Put some 33s on those rims.

PatsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco 16 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great! Love seeing the 2 Rivers tag… That’s where mines ordered from.
Sponsored