Sponsored

Sasquatch with factory running boards - Ford Provide a Fix!

Padawan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sasquatch with factory running boards. Memorized entire forum on this subject. No good aftermarket options. And $950 for mud flaps has me looking into buying rock rails just to have an option for flaps. At build time, no one knew that rock chips and mud/snow buildup were such an issue. How about have dealers swap running boards and drill the new holes? How about your laser devices scanning something affordable that fits? And don’t tell me there are too many configurations. Provide the solution. How about a $300 install credit if Ford redrills the boards moving them back? No you say? Ohhhhh….buy the rock rails at $615 from us, sell the financed running boards, and buy aftermarket. 🌋
Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not gonna happen.

alexg823

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco OBX Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hmm - I can't say about the stock running board. But I did add them my bronco after I installed these:

https://www.bodyguardbumpers.com/bronco-sliders/

and I did not have to cut and/or drill them. I did use self tapping screws to drill into the removable plastic fender and they have held up very nicely. A good looking, low cost solution to the mud flinging, rock chip problem.

I'll go take a photo for you. Hang on.

Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hmm - I can't say about the stock running board. But I did add them my bronco after I installed these:

https://www.bodyguardbumpers.com/bronco-sliders/

and I did not have to cut and/or drill them. I did use self tapping screws to drill into the removable plastic fender and they have held up very nicely. A good looking, low cost solution to the mud flinging, rock chip problem.

I'll go take a photo for you. Hang on.
IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I ordered a set from RekGen that’s waiting on me at home right now. We went to Super Celebration East and are in Atlanta for the Braves now.

i should be able to get them installed tomorrow. I have a FE with the Ford step bars installed instead of the rock rails.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife is going to need some sort of steps on this rig. It’s not SAS, but she’s only 5’2”. I was looking at the ASFIR steps for $676 shipped. They are aluminum with a steel support bar, and appear to cover up the exposed pinch weld area. I asked @ASFIR 4x4 for some pics on a 2 door but didn’t see a response. I could also buy the factory ford side steps for about $550 or try and add some step tubes on my factory rock sliders.

I already installed the Rokblokz mud flaps front and rear.

3ED1ED54-10A8-4CF1-9253-89ADBE6C48C9.jpeg

Last edited:

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sasquatch with factory running boards. Memorized entire forum on this subject. No good aftermarket options. And $950 for mud flaps has me looking into buying rock rails just to have an option for flaps. At build time, no one knew that rock chips and mud/snow buildup were such an issue. How about have dealers swap running boards and drill the new holes? How about your laser devices scanning something affordable that fits? And don’t tell me there are too many configurations. Provide the solution. How about a $300 install credit if Ford redrills the boards moving them back? No you say? Ohhhhh….buy the rock rails at $615 from us, sell the financed running boards, and buy aftermarket. 🌋
Why would you need to buy rock rails to have an option for flaps? I got the gatorback fronts for $250, they work great.

Sponsored

alexg823

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco OBX Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like still no solid answers on what mud flaps actually work with the stock step bars.

I know the gator backs are absurdly expensive but do they work with the step bars in standard stock placement?

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Weathertech...fits Sasquatch, no drill, fits tube and rock rails, works great.

I love mine; they keep debris off the paint.

EDIT:...Only $80 for fronts and rears.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

more interested in those sliders. like them? their site sucks and they look good.
I do like them but the installation was problematic because the bolts they supply you with are simply not long enough to fit through the pinch welding of the body. The first thing I would do is swap them out and you will save yourself HOURS of grief and, in my case, a hyper extended thumb. The online reviews don’t mention the hardware and it’s kind of a big deal. But, once I got them on I find them useful. I don’t do much rock crawling so I’m not sure if they are more or less weight bearing than the stock rock sliders but they feel solid. Those and the mud flaps and I don’t have to worry about rock chips etc

OP
OP

Padawan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My wife is going to need some sort of steps on this rig. It’s not SAS, but she’s only 5’2”. I was looking at the ASFIR steps for $676 shipped. They are aluminum with a steel support bar, and appear to cover up the exposed pinch weld area. I asked @ASFIR 4x4 for some pics on a 2 door but didn’t see a response. I could also buy the factory ford side steps for about $550 or try and add some step tubes on my factory rock sliders.

I already installed the Rokblokz mud flaps front and rear.

3ED1ED54-10A8-4CF1-9253-89ADBE6C48C9.jpeg
Sponsored