Sponsored

Sasquatch worth the $5k? Jump to the Wildtrak from OB?

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys - reserved an 4 DR outerbanks and was messing around with the pricing excel sheet that just came out.

My question is the Sasquatch package worth the $5k?

Right now I'm pricing out a Outer Banks vs Wildtrak with the high package and adding the Modular Front + Bash and total cash price is a difference of $1100 between the two at $55648 for the OB and $56708 for the Wildtrak - my thought is that at this point I might as well get the Wildtrak because it includes the AOD 4x4 and Aux Switches

I'm new to the scene so I don't know what everything included in the Sasquatch would cost if you were trying to do after-market?
Sponsored

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you buy aftermarket, you are likely looking at $2500 for the wheels and tires, and it could easily be more. The shocks are supposed to be pretty premium, so probably $1000 or more there. New fender flares, not sure, but likely several hundred. Then it is a 1.2 inch lift (or something like that), so that would be several hundred dollars. The lockers (installed after purchase) are likely well north of $1000 each (including labor for installation). Now, for several of these things, Ford is getting the other components "back", so in theory there would be a core charge refund involved, but if you went to add this stuff later, I could believe$7500 (before you sold the old equipment). However, its only a good deal if you want all of it, will use all of it, or would be getting all of it anyway. Kind of up to you, but it doesn't really seem out of line to me.

OP
OP
JeR2D2

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you buy aftermarket, you are likely looking at $2500 for the wheels and tires, and it could easily be more. The shocks are supposed to be pretty premium, so probably $1000 or more there. New fender flares, not sure, but likely several hundred. Then it is a 1.2 inch lift (or something like that), so that would be several hundred dollars. The lockers (installed after purchase) are likely well north of $1000 each (including labor for installation). Now, for several of these things, Ford is getting the other components "back", so in theory there would be a core charge refund involved, but if you went to add this stuff later, I could believe$7500 (before you sold the old equipment). However, its only a good deal if you want all of it, will use all of it, or would be getting all of it anyway. Kind of up to you, but it doesn't really seem out of line to me.
This is exactly what I needed - I really love the look of the Sasquatch so I’m leaning towards getting it - now just need to decide if I just take the opt and get the wildtrak over outer banks

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're also getting the black modular hardtop included in the wildtrak. Extra added to the ob

diablo0813

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey guys - reserved an 4 DR outerbanks and was messing around with the pricing excel sheet that just came out.

My question is the Sasquatch package worth the $5k?

Right now I'm pricing out a Outer Banks vs Wildtrak with the high package and adding the Modular Front + Bash and total cash price is a difference of $1100 between the two at $55648 for the OB and $56708 for the Wildtrak - my thought is that at this point I might as well get the Wildtrak because it includes the AOD 4x4 and Aux Switches

I'm new to the scene so I don't know what everything included in the Sasquatch would cost if you were trying to do after-market?
Without having read a single reply to this post, I want to say the following; Get whichever one you feel you can comfortably afford. I'm sure there's a ton of "I can get all the options from an FE put into a base model at 1/32 of the cost!" posts. What those posts lack is actually having done it. They will never come back here and say "well, it turns out this rod didn't fit so I had to replace it with one 3 times the cost of the factory option." Or "and I only had to grind off 3/4 of the material to make it fit".

All off the above is of course with the caveat that if tinkering with this stuff is your hobby, then get in there and enjoy yourself.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Considering all you are getting, YES, the Squatch is a good deal at $5k, especially for the plainer models.

I have not looked at the OB at all really, but as I recall, it is aout as offroad equipped as the base, so yeah, great deal. The Badlands..... I don't feel it's worth the extra 2500, but others strongly disagree.
I suppose it boils down to intended use. I would get by on 33's just fine until they wear out, then I can jump to the 315's.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After looking at pricing , unless you plan on doing hardcore overlanding and offroading , the wildtrack is probly the best buy for the bronco

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Considering all you are getting, YES, the Squatch is a good deal at $5k, especially for the plainer models.

I have not looked at the OB at all really, but as I recall, it is aout as offroad equipped as the base, so yeah, great deal. The Badlands..... I don't feel it's worth the extra 2500, but others strongly disagree.
I suppose it boils down to intended use. I would get by on 33's just fine until they wear out, then I can jump to the 315's.
Or do a swap at the dealership ?... just pay the difference

smseagren

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wildtrack???
You misspelled "Outerbanks ". ;)
This is true. In fact you can outfit an outer banks with 99% of the same stuff and it’ll be about $1000 less. Of course, this is based on the survey pricing AND 1300 below (granger price). Lol

soo.... ya know. It’s all bologna until Everything is final. I’m hungry now. Lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
JeR2D2

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you guys for all the great feedback - being new to the offroad/car world I'm just trying to learn and soak in everything, this will be my first offroad vehicle that's mine - the wifey has a 2020 4 Runner which we love and yeah I think I might just opt for the Wildtrak now with the High package as I mentioned you get those extra things for about $1000 difference.....gonna be a high payment at 55K but I think it'll be worth it especially as I'm buying and plan to have this car for many years to come!

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you guys for all the great feedback - being new to the offroad/car world I'm just trying to learn and soak in everything, this will be my first offroad vehicle that's mine - the wifey has a 2020 4 Runner which we love and yeah I think I might just opt for the Wildtrak now with the High package as I mentioned you get those extra things for about $1000 difference.....gonna be a high payment at 55K but I think it'll be worth it especially as I'm buying and plan to have this car for many years to come!
Have you considered the badlands? Check this out:

118615392_10224196647967740_7671617781287683081_o (1).jpg

OP
OP
JeR2D2

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I forgot to mention that I'm doing the automatic with the 2.7L I think that's why I didn't look at the Badlands

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I forgot to mention that I'm doing the automatic with the 2.7L I think that's why I didn't look at the Badlands
B&P will truly have the only real answer, but until then,

Basically, regardless of whatever trim you start with, if you want the 2.7, Auto, Mid package, Hard Top, and Sasquatch then you will most likely just want to go with WT.

If any of those core features are something you can do without or need to nix to save the $$.. then you will probably be better off starting at a lower trim and building up.

If you don't care about Mid or higher, then you can save a bunch by dropping all the way back to BB or BD.

Of course there are many whistles you will be missing as you back track... but everything cost money.
Sponsored