GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you! Am I reading correctly that A3 code matches what I'm seeing in build and price? Sas required for 4.7?
Correct, Sasquatch is required to get the 4.7 gears on the Badlands with the automatic transmission from the factory.
Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I currently have mine on hold until MY22 (99 priority code). If it is determined by the early deliveries that the suspension and lift is the same on the BL and the Sasquatch, I can always have the dealership change the code and move it into production. Although, by that point, it may be worth waiting another month or so until the MY22 order banks open.

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4.46 to 4.7 gearing is not that much of a difference. I go back and forth between Badlands with and without Sasquatch. The gearing is the only worthwhile portion of Sasquatch to me on Badlands because the wheels and tires will have so many aftermarket options, especially after the factory tires wear down and are ready to be replaced. Gears are gears to me, but if you plan to go up to 5.x gears then Sasquatch does not make sense on Badlands to me.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

4.46 to 4.7 gearing is not that much of a difference. I go back and forth between Badlands with and without Sasquatch. The gearing is the only worthwhile portion of Sasquatch to me on Badlands because the wheels and tires will have so many aftermarket options, especially after the factory tires wear down and are ready to be replaced. Gears are gears to me, but if you plan to go up to 5.x gears then Sasquatch does not make sense on Badlands to me.
with the A10 its definitely not that big of an issue, now if you were getting a 5-6spd Auto then yes.

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exxxxxxxxxactly.

Squatch on a MT badlands is just wheels/tires and wider fender flares. Possibly including $30 in altered bumpstops.

I'd be willing to make a gentleman's wager of a crisp, $1 note that the aftermarket will have options for all three, and they can be had for less than $2,500.

PS: I already price shopped steelies and came in under $550 for a set of 5. That just leaves tires and fender flares for ~$2K..... Something tells me I can cut 1/2" off the bump stops for less than 3 beers.
I went with the optional wheels and KO tires, just because I know they were designed for the truck, and you can make them beadlocks, and they look ok.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soooooooooooo I have no idea what offsets are (besides bends in conduit)

anyone care to enlighten me?
Search titles for offset - there are bunch of threads. This one links to a quick illustration that shows what offset is: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/wheel-offset-comparison-calculator.10879/

As your tires & wheels get wider, more clearance is needed between the body and edge of the tire. The offset is a measure of the distance off the centerline of the rim where the rim mounts to the hub. An offset is used to push the tire out to get the desired clearance. If you wanted to put squatch sized tires (315/70 r17s) on a the standard rims you probably won't have enough clearance to make them fit. At that point you'd need new rims or an add-on spacer.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Search titles for offset - there are bunch of threads. This one links to a quick illustration that shows what offset is: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/wheel-offset-comparison-calculator.10879/

As your tires & wheels get wider, more clearance is needed between the body and edge of the tire. The offset is a measure of the distance off the centerline of the rim where the rim mounts to the hub. An offset is used to push the tire out to get the desired clearance. If you wanted to put squatch sized tires (315/70 r17s) on a the standard rims you probably won't have enough clearance to make them fit. At that point you'd need new rims or an add-on spacer.
I didn’t articulate my feelings well enough: I barely care enough to quickly comment in the thread I was reading that mentions it... certainly not enough to search for it.

But thanks, I wasn’t aware this forum had a search feature.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Getting up to Hell's Gate is probably more of a challenge than the gate itself.
Hell's Gate is an optional side trail to the Hell's Revenge trail and is the toughest obstacle on that trail. If you have a well built vehicle and know the line up it, it isn't that hard. More of a mind-F**K than anything.
Sponsored