First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All that video showed is that Hell's Gate isn't as hard as it sounds.
It's a straight forward obstacle, but it requires attention and quick adjustment to several different factors, all while listening to the spotter. The vehicle needs to stay completely level, while balancing on the outside edges of the tires, or you risk sliding into the V. There are several places where one or more tires will lose traction so lockers or a smart LSD system is a must. The top of the obstacle is very steep and short wheelbase vehicles have gone ass over teakettle back down the obstacle before. I've never been up it but I've watch more experienced drivers than I fuck up their trucks attempting it.

FWIW, it was Dan Micks son driving that Sorrento, so it's about as close to "professional drivers on a closed course" as you get in Moab.
Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They took a more-or-less stock Kia Sorrento on Hell's Revenge - you should be good with the BL 33s.
Good to know my wife’s car can do that.

guess I should push harder for the Manual Transmission now that I have this as leverage

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a straight forward obstacle, but it requires attention and quick adjustment to several different factors, all while listening to the spotter. The vehicle needs to stay completely level, while balancing on the outside edges of the tires, or you risk sliding into the V. There are several places where one or more tires will lose traction so lockers or a smart LSD system is a must. The top of the obstacle is very steep and short wheelbase vehicles have gone ass over teakettle back down the obstacle before. I've never been up it but I've watch more experienced drivers than I fuck up their trucks attempting it.

FWIW, it was Dan Micks son driving that Sorrento, so it's about as close to "professional drivers on a closed course" as you get in Moab.
Does the Kia have either lockers or smart LSD?

At least they were honest and said they were going to disconnect the sway bars before attempting it.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does the Kia have either lockers or smart LSD?

At least they were honest and said they were going to disconnect the sway bars before attempting it.
I assume they have the same type of fake lsd/independent braking that a lot of vehicles, including the Bronco, are getting lately.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am in the same boat as @OJ_Loose , Badlands 7MT non-Squatch and bet I can self-manSquatch when the tires wear out.

My only debate is wheels. I like the BL optional wheels, but would have to take them off for a smaller offset set when self-mansquatching. So conflicted to order those or not.

OP
OP
OJ_Loose

OJ_Loose

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the same boat as @OJ_Loose , Badlands 7MT non-Squatch and bet I can self-manSquatch when the tires wear out.

My only debate is wheels. I like the BL optional wheels, but would have to take them off for a smaller offset set when self-mansquatching. So conflicted to order those or not.
That's exactly where I am at with it. Going to self ManSquatch it once the factory tires wear out. Just not sure on wheels... Glad I'm not alone on this

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume they have the same type of fake lsd/independent braking that a lot of vehicles, including the Bronco, are getting lately.
Is it fake if it works?

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want a 2-3" lift in my BL and that's it. The suspension is already good and you'll have be spending $$ if you want something better. I'm happy with tire and wheel size as stock. I dint need 35's for what I'll be doing. But we'll see how the mpg is first.

Sponsored

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going to get the optional wheels, but after debating it, didn't see the need in spending $1K on a set of rims that I'd most likely replace when going to 35s. I am debating getting the stock wheels powder coated a solid color until I decide to add a suspension lift and aftermarket wheels.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is it fake if it works?
Fake in that it isn't a true limited slip differential. How well it performs doesn't really come into play.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same situation, going back and forth to Sasquatch my Badlands. I removed Sas, however I wanted the 4.7 ratio, which automatically adds back the 315s which apparently adds back Sas even though this popup doesn't call it out. Signing order today, guess I'll go Sas since I don't want to mess with gearing later.

Ford Bronco Sasquatching my Non-Sasquatch Badlands 1614703624612

Ford Bronco Sasquatching my Non-Sasquatch Badlands 1614703851009

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same situation, going back and forth to Sasquatch my Badlands. I removed Sas, however I wanted the 4.7 ratio, which automatically adds back the 315s which apparently adds back Sas even though this popup doesn't call it out. Signing order today, guess I'll go Sas since I don't want to mess with gearing later.

I would pay less attention to build and price, and just follow what's listed in the Order Guide. For the Automatic on the Badlands, this note appears in the Order Guide under Axle Availability.

Ford Bronco Sasquatching my Non-Sasquatch Badlands Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 8.56.14 AM

Ford Bronco Sasquatching my Non-Sasquatch Badlands Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 8.56.29 AM

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would pay less attention to build and price, and just follow what's listed in the Order Guide. For the Automatic on the Badlands, this note appears in the Order Guide under Axle Availability.

Ford Bronco Sasquatching my Non-Sasquatch Badlands Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 8.56.29 AM

Thank you! Am I reading correctly that A3 code matches what I'm seeing in build and price? Sas required for 4.7?
Sponsored