Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My JLU has “iffy” reception compared to the Volvo XC90 I had before. Attribute it to the antenna being under the fiberglass roof. Expected same of Bronco, so I’m curious how they are addressing it.

Don't I know you from the Ford Raptor Forum???
Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope, you know me from the Baja Design light kit I bought from you for my BL with mod bumper 😁
Ohh, well I knew the name sounded familiar. I talk to soo many people a day my head spins by night fall (which is now)

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ohh, well I knew the name sounded familiar. I talk to soo many people a day my head spins by night fall (which is now)
Definitely understand that. I was also mentioning the potential of the fog/rear fog switch from that thread. I’m looking to use front one for my BD fogs but want S1s on upfitter I think

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice to see they’re working on a solution.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sat radio in my wife's VW cutting out under bridges and next to tall stuff is driving me nuts, I hope I can just add the Bronco to her subscription, otherwise I might just not bother at all and put some music on my phone or a usb stick if that works. Sat radio seems to repeat the same program several times a day anyways, so might as well have my personal collection on repeat. Just need something that works when out of cellphone range. In my 18 year old Taco that's called a pile of CDs in sleeves in the center console, but we don't get CD players anymore. Heck, I still have a tape deck in there, remember those? 🙃

Music is super important to me on a drive, but if it cuts out all the time because of trees or tunnels or what have you, it's more irritating than anything. Never understood why these sat radios don't buffer a full 5 min or so to prevent this most of the time.

I don't drive her car often, and only listen to the Dead channel, Phish channel, Ozzys Boneyard and what ever the hair metal channel is named, but hopping back in the car a while later I find the same program repeating at times, which is kind of lame for a paid for channel.

But good to know they're working on something, maybe that antenna should be on top of the 3rd break light instead of under the roof? That's where I'd have put it, but even then, just the top of the roof might block the line of sight. Compromises we have to deal with in our roof on/off dream machines I guess.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pretty dumb-ass location for it IMO. You can forget RTT or other roof rack attached accessories...

---
SATELLITE RADIO LIMITATIONS

For optimal reception performance, keep the antenna clear of snow and ice build-up and keep luggage and other material as far away from the antenna as possible. Placing luggage over the antenna may reduce performance.

Hills, mountains, tall buildings, bridges, tunnels, freeway overpasses, parking garages, dense tree foliage and thunderstorms can interfere with your reception.

When you pass a ground-based broadcast-repeating tower, a stronger signal may overtake a weaker one and could result in the audio system muting. Your display could show an error message to indicate the interference.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty dumb-ass location for it IMO. You can forget RTT or other roof rack attached accessories...
very true, didn't even think of that, but that's true for any other vehicle too I'd guess, most have the antenna somewhere on the roof. I want nothing on my roof, but still would prefer a different location, but they kind of have to be mounted on the highest part or your own rig can create a 'shadow' and block the signal. I might just not subscribe once the trial period runs out, never was that impressed with the offerings anyway. Just have to transfer music to my phone or old ipod or a thumbdrive if that's an option, can't bring CDs with me anymore. There's not even an AUX input in modern cars anymore, is there?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
very true, didn't even think of that, but that's true for any other vehicle too I'd guess, most have the antenna somewhere on the roof. I want nothing on my roof, but still would prefer a different location, but they kind of have to be mounted on the highest part or your own rig can create a 'shadow' and block the signal. I might just not subscribe once the trial period runs out, never was that impressed with the offerings anyway. Just have to transfer music to my phone or old ipod or a thumbdrive if that's an option, can't bring CDs with me anymore. There's not even an AUX input in modern cars anymore, is there?
Nope. AUX would be nice.
Yeah, personal collection is the way to go.

I guess there is no better place for it. It would look weird on the A pillar.

At least the transit is up front just behind the windshield. If/when I have anything loaded on top - it likely will be on the clamshell half.

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know anything about antenna design, but if they could reconfigure the design and use the trail sights as antenna that would be pretty cool.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does wet cardboard block signals from space? Asking for a friend.

Silver&Black_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Sherief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC (2010), '21 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My SXM signal is much more stable when running the app off my phone via bluetooth. Not the best solution, but better than the spotty antenna connection....especially since I live in a fully wooded forest.

Reactions: Orf

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thought there was a TSB on this that essentially said, "suck it up, we're working on it".

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought there was a TSB on this that essentially said, "suck it up, we're working on it".
Really interested in what the outcome will be in regards to the antenna receiving such poor reception.

I kid you not, ~30% of the time of me city driving I loose signal for upwards of 20seconds at a time. No sky scrappers or sky rises around, no overpasses or tunnel.

4dr, MIC top (on).

Blah....

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anybody else notice when compared to other Ford vehicles, the Satelite Radio seems to lose signal REALLY easily?

I've got a Raptor also and that thing is pretty solid. Unless i'm at a stop light under a raised highway, I don't lose my signal. However all week I've noticed while driving under 2 lane roads above, I lose my signal. We're not talking tunnels here, your regular overhead 2 lane road and WHAM it loses signal right away.

Anybody else experiencing this issue? I can restart and pause live satelite radio but it doesn't buffer for when I drive under a bridge/road for 1/2 a second???
From what I hear the whole sound system is trash in the bronco I will find out first hand when I get mine next week hopefully
Sponsored