UhOh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trying to figure out my best option here, sorry if this has already been addressed: mods can delete. I am trying to eliminate having to carry/mount an Ipad with downloaded offline Onx Hunt Maps in my rig. My main use is sat imagery to check terrain and road features around me and I would love to be able to do this from Bronco display. From what I can tell, OnX does not support carplay, but GAIA does (which I will try). Does anybody know if the 12" display is good enough to be able to zoom in on sat imagery? Has anybody messed around with this or come up with a good system for this?

EDIT for anyone interested: Just got an email back from OnX saying they are working on carplay and are hoping to release it by the end of this year. So my only question now is: Is the 12" sync 4 gonna be decent with zooming in on sat imagery and has anyone tried that yet?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trying to figure out my best option here, sorry if this has already been addressed: mods can delete. I am trying to eliminate having to carry/mount an Ipad with downloaded offline Onx Hunt Maps in my rig. My main use is sat imagery to check terrain and road features around me and I would love to be able to do this from Bronco display. From what I can tell, OnX does not support carplay, but GAIA does (which I will try). Does anybody know if the 12" display is good enough to be able to zoom in on sat imagery? Has anybody messed around with this or come up with a good system for this?

EDIT for anyone interested: Just got an email back from OnX saying they are working on carplay and are hoping to release it by the end of this year. So my only question now is: Is the 12" sync 4 gonna be decent with zooming in on sat imagery and has anyone tried that yet?
Your results will entirely depend on the software available for Carplay.. which as of right now, I'm not familiar with any that would help.

Ford Performance App is supposed to tie into Sync 4 with sat maps, trail guides, video recording etc, but to what extent is still a bit of a mystery. This guide makes it seem to do what you (and I) want it to do, but I cant confirm as I dont have a Bronco yet. Also not sure if it's even out as of now.

https://thebronconation.com/the-fordpass-performance-app-and-the-2021-bronco-part-1/

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Google maps does sat imagery. I don't know Apple phones 🤷🏻
Gaia works on Android Auto as well and that'll likely be the best for map layers with a paid subscription
Sponsored